• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Give Up A Civic Rs For A Carina Gt - Opinion Pls

Hola

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're talking about the newer shape RS now, i guess i can add a bit here.

The guy whom i bought the GT from actually bought a RS next (1.7litre) and right from the start he said it was no match for the Carina....

Logically, 122bhp vs. 165 would definitely show.

Eventually he sold off the car, wishing he had kept the GT...

I drove that RS...and in the power department, its nothing much (i'm talking about stock form)- but handling wise, was streets ahead.

One thing i did notice in that particular car though, was that the rear was unnaturally stiff and over-active, and on uneven surfaces (at speed) did not inspire much confidence. I could tell that ride was a bit unsettling- especially for whomever sat in the rear. This could be put down to tires/alloys (they were not OEM), and i've not heard this from others with the similar car.

Does the RS have the same suspension as the standard JDM civic?

The GT sits 15mm lower than the standard Carina, and also has a completely different rear suspension, owing to the rear disc brakes etc. While it does ride lower, the shocks are the same factory shocks that are in the diesel Carina (!!!!), but the springs are shorter and stiffer. As i said before, its quite a comfortable car, even with 16" low profiles.

Power: 'nuff 'sed

To quote isurujosh- time to make a decision!

Good luck!

And he sold it pre-matuarily becuase it just woudn't go beyond 140kmph!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After some serious reading my friend did on this thread and some life threaten Hola did, my buddy bought in a HONDA CIVIC 2003 VTEC. Its Dark Blue, 21,000kms on the clock. It was like getting someone out of drugs becuase he was so much into the GT.

The car is FINE!!!

Thank you all!!!

true.. but the kit was made light... it's the same weight of the original bumper or even less.... true fuel consumption is a bit heavy but I have sorted that out.... I closed up one carb... nah I'm just kidding... :jumping-smiley-013:

I used to get 5.5 but then I added the ##### and I got 7.5... then I added that nano thingy which gave me 9.. ( with the straight through exhaust ) so I think that's pretty good...

my friend has a dual carb Eg8 and it does close to 10Km/L after engine tune up. It doesn't have a bodykit or any modification at all. not even alloy wheels.. maybe thats the reason for good fuel efficiency :P

must say that dual carb eg8 has damn good torque in low rpm for a 1.5L car.