• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kurunegala Road Races On The 29th/30th Of July

MADZ

Yeah Shaks it very well could be... the whole thing was terrible!

Just got back for this thing- The racing seemed good- from what I saw. (bikes only) but the whole organization of the event was utter chaos.. People were running across the track during racing, spectators all over the place and at times it seemed like a stampede was gonna happen! To make matters worse the Organizers just kept on selling the 50 buck tickets- thousands of ‘em! Nobody could control the crowd (even the police) this together with a few accidents delayed the whole race program! At 3pm hardly a single car event had been run and I was personally disgusted..

Appreciate the effort put into make the event a success and love the concept of street races in SL- but this was not the way to do it- everything seemed so haphazard! Even the safety standards were poor for both Participants and Spectators.. The Organizers had better have made enough money to cover their legal expenses just in case someone gets hurt and files for court action against them..

I have add that the traffic arrangements were poor as well! Major blocks all over with no one knowing how to get in or out of the city..

I think everybody will agree with me this is the worst race ever people went to see all the way from colombo.

Talking about safety measures Nil. Meaning there were no runoff area in 95% of the track. i saw that police or no body can control the crowed as they crossing the track and moving front when a race is on. meaning runoff area become humans all the time.

Due to this risky situation all formulas given a parade run instead of overtaking anybody and finished in the same order they gained positon on qualifying. Heard that it was initiated by Rohan de silva and it was a very wise decision. Same sould have to be done in others fast events as well but most of the drivers refuse to do so. Dinesh Jayawardana didn't run his Evo8 in super car event and also Dinesh Deheragoda didn't compete the event but gave an exhibition run of 5 laps just going behind all the cars in his event in order to give some justice for his fans & sponsors.

Also there were was a major accident in for laser event and all 3 events cancelled to be held after ford laser event. Cancelled events may be 8-10, 10-12 & SL-H 1600.

what i believe is road races are not a good event for this country. reason is organizers thinking about precautionary actions after when something happens. also spectaors do the same. they think about their safety also when something happens to them. In both the cases both the parties are too late.

anyway thumbs up for organizers at least setting up an event which is successful or not.

hoping to enjoy watching track races in future instead of risky road races.

:alc:

Actually brother their cars are fast. being in the supercar event they should run that fast. BTW supercar event would be more competitive race for Janaka & dilantha for few laps if Dinesh Deheragoda & Dinesh Jayawardana compete in the race.

But what i saw is its not a good place to race. Its very similar to racing on a public road only exception is no any other vehicles movein on the road. but people are every where. spectators are always watch the race standing on sand bags, tires and rest of them in front of sand bags and major issue is they use to cross the road while races are on. this is the worst and most dangerours race i have ever seen.

Best Part of this event is few of well known racing drivers together and taken very mature decision by running a exhibition parade not a risky race. Thumbs up for Mr Rohan De Silva leading the formula event to run a exhibition parade and not a race, Also Dinesh Jayawardana not running in his event ( Its unfortunate we couldn'e see his ride on his new Evo 8 ) and Deheragoda for just giving an exhibition run with 0 risk involvement.

Hope to see some good action in Tissa. Dont miss it bro.........