• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Jack!!

Girl_Power

The automotive industry has made advancements in leaps and bounds over the past few decades. But one thing they seem to have over looked is the Jack!!

We women definitely find it soo difficult to operate.

What do the guys think?

Imagine changing a tyre in a SUV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The automotive industry has made advancements in leaps and bounds over the past few decades. But one thing they seem to have over looked is the Jack!!

What do the guys think?

Why the hydraulic jack??? or the Inflatable baloon type Jack.

ok ok let me own up.

This place did not have any female participation, so friend of mine and I at work decided to join. Teddy and I work at the same place. This is why in the other thread ppl were questioning the IP address being the same.

I was also encouraged to give AL some female participation by my other half........Duncan. <_<

So to answer your question....yes i am for real, i am a female and Duncan is my hubby.

The Scissor jack can be a bastard for anybody to operate us men included, but you can get a hydraulic pretty cheap thesedays, and thus thats the way to go I guess.

Large vehicles come with hydraulics anyway, all you need to do is place it in the correct jacking point and operate the lever, requires little to no effort.

The bigger problem possibly is getting the bolts off which sometimes tend to tighten as time goes on. Believe me I am not a small dude, but I've had to stand and jump on the wheel brush a couple of times, and once even had to get a mechanic to come to get an extremely tight bolt off (he came with a wheel brush and an extention pole to get enough leverage to get the damn thing loose).

so short answer replace the jack with a hydraulic <_< and get somebody to show you how to operate it and you guys should be ok. I've found that mostly its simple ignorrence that causes problems in tyre changes and not the equipment, and thats not a girly thing.

Regards,

The Don

Yeah right, even the hydraulic jacks are so hard to operate. Inflatables don't come standard.

Why can't they have something where all u have to do is press a button and up the car goes.

They have those sorta gadgets in bucket loaders and the like....

I was also encouraged to give AL some female participation by my other half........Duncan. <_<

So to answer your question....yes i am for real, i am a female and Duncan is my hubby.

Ooops...

Duncan you should've done an early introduction....

ok ok let me own up.

This place did not have any female participation, so friend of mine and I at work decided to join. Teddy and I work at the same place. This is why in the other thread ppl were questioning the IP address being the same.

I was also encouraged to give AL some female participation by my other half........Duncan. :huh:

so u rnt in SL right... if anybody comes by Duncan's(Udawatte) name we have none less than <_< , so WELCOME TO AL madam!

What do the guys think?

Well I have not tried it on a SUV but when it comes 2 cars I find it not that difficult to change tyres :huh:

Initially it did take me abt 1/2hre to do it but not I have cut it down 2 15mins :huh:

And a few weeks back I was riding wz a friend in his car..n he got a flat tyre n the bugger did'nt know how to use the jack properly..n he got mara embarresed when I helped him n he was like.."damn when I go home am gonna take all 4 wheels apart n fix'em back.." <_<

What do the guys think?

i guess this would answer ur question. check out these web sites.

http://www.alibaba.com/manufacturer/126357...ch.html?src=rss

http://www.hudsonsafetyproducts.com/site/958739/product/MSJ

Personally I do not aggree with the statement that "The Jack" is an instrument that is beyond operation by anybody and certainly not a girl, the issue is a matter of ignorrence, rather than sexuality. like Nadskit says there are quite a few dopes who dont know how to change a tyre properly.

I changed my first tyre when I was 4 years old, it was great fun those days, I wasnt strong enough to take the nuts off and certainly not strong enough to take the tyre but I was more thant up to the job of jacking the car up, and yes my dad had replaced the scissor jack that came with the car with a hydraulic.

I think anybody who drives a car must have some knowledge of its general maintenance. I think there was once an aggreement in AL to promote a small work shop or clinic to help people, dunno if it happened yet,

The Don

ok ok let me own up.

I was also encouraged to give AL some female participation by my other half........Duncan. :huh:

<_<:huh:

ok ok let me own up.

ha ha hay Girl_Power welcome to Autolanka Forums :) I knew it must have been you from the beginning ..Your IP originated from Botswana & I knew you drive a Pajero B)

Ya true we need more female participation in this forum...let's change it within next few months.. :)

Personally I do not aggree with the statement that "The Jack" is an instrument that is beyond operation by anybody and certainly not a girl, the issue is a matter of ignorrence, rather than sexuality. like Nadskit says there are quite a few dopes who dont know how to change a tyre properly.

I changed my first tyre when I was 4 years old, it was great fun those days, I wasnt strong enough to take the nuts off and certainly not strong enough to take the tyre but I was more thant up to the job of jacking the car up, and yes my dad had replaced the scissor jack that came with the car with a hydraulic.

I think anybody who drives a car must have some knowledge of its general maintenance. I think there was once an aggreement in AL to promote a small work shop or clinic to help people, dunno if it happened yet,

The Don

i can still remember the first time i had to change the tyre in a pajero(police model). i was about 15 then. my dad called me and told me to change the tyre and he left happily 4 work. it took me around 2 hours to change the tyre, with the help of a hammer ( to keep the wheel brush in place and loose the nut)lol. <_<:) but it was fun. now its nothing much, just a couple of mins and done. :)

Why the hydraulic jack??? or the Inflatable baloon type Jack.

some time ago got a air-baloon jack... i really wasnt sure if it really was affective... used it before buying... da fancy toy.. you just leave the little bag between 2 carpets (to prevent rupture) and fit it onto the exhaust and start up the engine... amazing tool.... easiest thing i've seen.... though dont use it much cos its a bit bulky... about the size of a shoebox when un-inflated... and i'm ok with using the sciessor jack so i dont use the ballon.. jsut a fancy toy that caught the eye at the time... <_<

Mmmm...I remember a funny incident too, Friend of mine's got a FB14 and it's got wheel cups with the design of bolts. Once he had to change the tyre and he had been trying to loosen the bolt on the wheel cup with the wheel braze. He called me and asked why all these nuts are rotating and don't come off? <_<

There are many guys who own cars for years and don't even know anything about cars.