• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Shakes A Lot

X Driver

Question

Car shakes a lot on the bumpy roads. And also, it makes lot of noise (one guy suggested it could be due to worn door hinges, but there is no vertical movement with the doors when I checked).

Shock tests gave me more than 75% for front and around 60% for rear.

Can anybody suggest me any good place where I can find out / fix the problem?

18 answers to this question

Car shakes a lot on the bumpy roads. And also, it makes lot of noise (one guy suggested it could be due to worn door hinges, but there is no vertical movement with the doors when I checked).

I actualy clicked your thread to answer ( for car shakes a lot )... but only when I read the above that I knew it was something else... my bad.. :D

I actualy clicked your thread to answer ( for car shakes a lot )... but only when I read the above that I knew it was something else... my bad.. :D

good one bro,

did u check the bushes or what ever call (that hangs engine) those rubber stuff ;)

maybe not sure. there are experts her that can help u out

Did you change your rims & started to use low profile tyres, this also could be a cause.

Check your suspension bushes they also cause noises when time is right to change them.

By the way what is your car?

Did you change your rims & started to use low profile tyres, this also could be a cause.

Check your suspension bushes they also cause noises when time is right to change them.

By the way what is your car?

Its a tercel. I recently changed the suspension bushes and 3 engine mounts. But still the car makes noise when it goes over bumpy road.

I asume you have already inspected the steering and rack ends for wear, where does it feel like the noise is originating from ? and what type of a noise is it ? a metally thud or much softer ?

Do you have low profile tyres on your car or over size rims ?

Regards,

The Don

I asume you have already inspected the steering and rack ends for wear, where does it feel like the noise is originating from ? and what type of a noise is it ? a metally thud or much softer ?

Regards,

The Don

well rack-end issue prompted a small vibration in my car and when i replaced the rack-end (just last week) it all turned out well... i of course go to the agents(in my case Stafford)... y dont u go to Toyota lanka

Low profile tyres & over size rims are a cause for bumpy rides. even when my brother & me wanted to change rims we were advised not to change the original rims because of this issue.

Low profile tyres & over size rims are a cause for bumpy rides. even when my brother & me wanted to change rims we were advised not to change the original rims because of this issue.

I didn't change the rims and the tyres are also not the low profile ones. When I reduce the tyre pressure (to around 24), the shake reduces. But actually the recommended tyre pressure for my model is 28.

About the steering rack... I causes a metallic sound when worn right? I didn't hear that. But I could feel every bumps and pits on the road. If I drive over a drainage lid thats half outside, the shock I feel is nasty.

I didn't change the rims and the tyres are also not the low profile ones. When I reduce the tyre pressure (to around 24), the shake reduces. But actually the recommended tyre pressure for my model is 28.

About the steering rack... I causes a metallic sound when worn right? I didn't hear that. But I could feel every bumps and pits on the road. If I drive over a drainage lid thats half outside, the shock I feel is nasty.

hey bro.. I think you need to replace your upper arms man.. cause I had the same problem... also do you find the car shifting when you go over them holes or man hole covers?

I suggest you check your -

Upper arms, Bushes, Tie Rods and Racers....

Upper arms, Bushes, Tie Rods and Racers....

a proper mechanic should be able to figure out the cause quickly(after all the issue sounds common), why not any of u Toyota specilists in the forum suggest him a good mechanic too...

a proper mechanic should be able to figure out the cause quickly(after all the issue sounds common), why not any of u Toyota specilists in the forum suggest him a good mechanic too...

Thank you all for the replies. I thought of knowing the potential problem before going to the garage.

My earlier mechanic who did the bush replacement and motor mount replcement didn't gaive me good solution. Please suggest me a good toyota mechanic.

Thank you all for the replies. I thought of knowing the potential problem before going to the garage.

My earlier mechanic who did the bush replacement and motor mount replcement didn't gaive me good solution. Please suggest me a good toyota mechanic.

damn AL, where da heck are Toyota specilasts!!! do they only come when there are JDm battles :(

---

@XDriver, machan if u have had enough of odd job mechnics, y not go to agents, let me share my personal story hereby: my car developed the brake pad worn out issue some time bak, so i took it to some mechnic whom my father used to go to, i had them replaced and soon after a couple of weeks or so there was an issue as they had not properly installed new pads or summin, then i had to buy a new pair and after a couple of months or so... i began to feel a vibration when i brake(the issue this time was the duplicate part not able to cope wit my high speed braking)... having been fed up of both duplicate parts and dumb mechanics... I went to Stafford and since then I have not had any issue... thereafter I went to Stafford for everything and I have not ahd anything to complain about ... PRICE MAY BE HIGH BUT U DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT REWORK!!!

XDriver, take your car to Wasantha just after the railway crossing (after the prison) on base line road, on the left hand side if you are travelling towards the kelaniya bridge,

Tell him that the "mahattaya" with the black mitsu Mirage reccomended him, and tell him what your problem is. To be honest he is a really nice dude, and he takes a great interest in your problem, and gets down to it straight away, and currently the only dude I know who works on time.

he maybe able to help you,

The Don

hi guys

i drive a suzuki swift sports version

the tires are low profile 16 size

i brought it from a dealer near maharagama

he said these were the original tires

the ride is bumpy

my uncle suggested to get the tyres and the rims changes

it has a body kit

any place where i can exchange the tires

good one bro,

did u check the bushes or what ever call (that hangs engine) those rubber stuff :D

maybe not sure. there are experts her that can help u out

:blink::angry-smiley-048:

X Driver mate whats da year of ur car? The sounds can from many parts. It could be loosen bolts,hinges, door panels etc.