• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Upgrade

GTAm

Question

I am about to upgrade the wheels on my car from 15" to 16" and so would need a new set of rubber. Been shopping around and getting lots of shocks with the prices.

I don't want to go too low profile as we all know the condition of our road surface and how lowpros ruin ride comfort and in the end you pace as well.

I'm thinking 205/60/16 or something close.

Not fond of Bridgstone Potenzas as I fitted these to my Merc and I feel the car lost it's supple ride and grip reduced as well. They seem too hard (strange but it's the same thing happening in F1 won't you agree?)

I'm thinking of GoodYear Eagle NCTs as they seem to offer reasonable value if you can call 13k a piece value!

Pirellis, Yokos and Michelenes are priced out of my league.

Any other brands I should look at?

Hey Pila,

Yes, It was an expensive decision- but hopefully a good one.

I spent a longer time looking for Alloys- finally decided to get new alloys- Darwin Racing (i believe they had a stall at the recent auto show). Very light, and they have japanese type approval (JSA).

It was a painful process, since the GT has a 5 stud 100 pcd set up- thus very few rims are available....one of which is the gold WRX 5 spokes, which i happen to find at a certain shop in Slave island....

Having trouble uploading the pic...

Quick Question:

Did you find these Tyres in SL? Kumho Ecsta's are pretty good- a friends s2000 has these on the rear- he's been really happy...

Note: Goodyear F1's are NOT as good in the dry and they LOOK. Granted they have that cool directional tread, but traction is really not that great, as i've been told by one of our (professional) Racing fellas...

Hope you found a good deal!

Quick Question:

Did you find these Tyres in SL? Kumho Ecsta's are pretty good- a friends s2000 has these on the rear- he's been really happy...

Note: Goodyear F1's are NOT as good in the dry and they LOOK. Granted they have that cool directional tread, but traction is really not that great, as i've been told by one of our (professional) Racing fellas...

Hope you found a good deal!

There were no F1s in the profiole I wanted. So I went for the Ecstas. Initial impressions are very very good. Got them from the Agent Alfred Edirisinghe at Maradana. 10,250/- for 205/55/16s

Grip is a world above the MX1s I had and has transformed the handling. Tyre noise is less too.

There were no F1s in the profiole I wanted. So I went for the Ecstas. Initial impressions are very very good. Got them from the Agent Alfred Edirisinghe at Maradana. 10,250/- for 205/55/16s

Grip is a world above the MX1s I had and has transformed the handling. Tyre noise is less too.

congrats dude...good price too considering i pay 9k for Dunlop 205/65/15s...

congrats dude...good price too considering i pay 9k for Dunlop 205/65/15s...

Which type? Were they SPs? I hear the SPs are very good. The Dunlop Le Mans we have on the company Mazda is very average I would say but then they are priced very reasonably.

More reviews please! did you do a burn on 'em? how did they grip? sticky?

More reviews please! did you do a burn on 'em? how did they grip? sticky?

Yeah. I went to Muskeliya and back today Sunday. Left at 5.30 am, no traffic super drive :lol: . The tyres are very good. Sticky grip and has a great effect on braking too. A wee bit more noisy that the MX1s but loads more grip and who cares I had the stereo blaring or listened to the twin cam sound :D !

I think it's a very good tyre eventhough the name sounds cheap. But I feel I need a lot more power on my car now :D .

ahhh the noise- thats what put me off the idea of 'em initially.. sorry machan what was your car again?

And what route did you take? the entrance to the hatton road can be very bumpy- how were they on the comfort side?

Yeah noise is what I hate too that's why I did not consider Potenzas - so noisy. These are tolerable. My Car - Alfa 156 1.6 Twin Spark. Missed a 2.0 :D

Errrr sorry mate I made a mistake we were to go to Muskelia but actually went to Bogawantalawa. Usual old route Highlevel road to Avissawella to Hatton to Bogawan. Hatton to Boga bad roads - the ride was ok not to bumpy.

Which type? Were they SPs? I hear the SPs are very good. The Dunlop Le Mans we have on the company Mazda is very average I would say but then they are priced very reasonably.

yup SP's...and yes they are pretty good...not tested my waters much besides some turanzas i used for a brief period...cant comment on the noise cos of the 6 pots :D