• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dream Car

ash

Vote for your dream car  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which car will be your pick, if you were to choose from the list?

• Honda S2000
    • Honda Accord
    • Honda NSX
    • Mazda RX7
    • Mazda RX8
    • Mitsubishi EVO VIII
    • Mitsubishi EVO IX
    • Nissan Skyline GT-R
    • Nissan 350Z
    • Nissan Silvia
    • Subaru WRX
    • Toyota Supra
    • Toyota Celica
    • Toyota Mr-S

Language on public forums boy.

Hey, since Velocity posted that link, I was checking out some of the others. Found This.. Interesting thing. From the shape of it, it looks like it would compete with the Type R, even tho no specs are available.

Andrew, aint no use going to speech therapy in Aussie man. One of my buddies (Ironically also an Andrew) went to Aussie and when he came back two years later, he found it physically impossible to speak a whole sentence without swearing. Musta sworn every other word or so on average :D

infact praveen thats site awesome for some cool pics,

check this out.

accentsr06016gp.jpg

accentsr06027ur.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Language on public forums boy.

Hey, since Velocity posted that link, I was checking out some of the others. Found This.. Interesting thing. From the shape of it, it looks like it would compete with the Type R, even tho no specs are available.

Andrew, aint no use going to speech therapy in Aussie man. One of my buddies (Ironically also an Andrew) went to Aussie and when he came back two years later, he found it physically impossible to speak a whole sentence without swearing. Musta sworn every other word or so on average :D

LoL...yup ur right dude... i guess its the way ur brought up that shows in the end....

Burning Sensation? Huh? I'd usually associate that with herpes, syphilis or any other sexually transmitted diseases rather than the forward thrust of a performance car.

By the way, that Accent SR looks like it could take down a SOHC Honda VTEC.

0 to 100 5.2 seconds according to velocitys link THATS DEPRESSING HEHEHEHE evos and stis do it below 5 ,like 4.7 to 4.5 at standard spec

Really? WOW!! Thanks for the Info.... even a STi 7 with a HKS Evc running at 1.1 bar is faster than a GT-R right? I mean after all i have no idea what a STi feels like...i mean i've never even been in one...so i guess i wont have a clue about how different an STi is from the GT-R.... So ur sayin that u own a car that does 0 to 100 in less than 5 secs?.... man im so depressed that the GTR is so SLOW... damn... what was i thinking... Velocity looks like the GTR is classed as the slowest jap car... maybe we shud send it back to japan right and buy a STi or Evo..................

This is a public forum for the exchange of ideas. You are welcome to challenge another's opinion, but pls be respectful. Posts that contain offensive language and/or abusive ideas will be removed. If any indivdual repeatedly break this rule, he/she will lose access to this forum!!

Team AutoLanka

Madhawa Mutukumarana

[email protected]

This is a public forum for the exchange of ideas. You are welcome to challenge another's opinion, but pls be respectful. Posts that contain offensive language and/or abusive ideas will be removed. If any indivdual repeatedly break this rule, he/she will lose access to this forum!!

Team AutoLanka

Madhawa Mutukumarana

[email protected]

Madhawa,

Sorry for my post but i dont appreciate being called names from an unknown outsider

infact praveen thats site awesome for some cool pics,

check this out.

Hah, A Hyundai to challenge the Type R? Well competition is always healthy. Looks pretty good

LoL...yup ur right dude... i guess its the way ur brought up that shows in the end....

Ya know buddy, as much as I hate to say it, this might be closer than we think. See rsportcar doesn't have 0-60 figures for a 2006 Evo 9 MR, BUT, the nine has 10hp more and about 80lb-ft and like 150kg less than a 1999 R-34. Of course that is a 7 year old car. The M-Spec should be better. I suppose the extra 500cc and second turbo should coulnt for summin if they continue developement :D

Of course the fact that there IS a year old Skyline listed on rsportscar must count for summin, considering only the latest and greatest from Mitsu is listed there :D Actually, the only pre-2000 cars listed are the 1999 Sky and Jay Leno's 1000hp car

Oh, and for the record. IMO, GTR over Evo every time. No diss, mivec.turbo, buddy, but that's where I stand :D

this topic gets intresting day by day... personally I would go for a GTR 34 anyday.. No second thoughts for that.. since this matter about which is the fastest came up I would like to state my point here..

Personally I think that STI is faster than GTR (not the M spec) in quarter mile, but that doesn't mean overall STI is faster because if u consider a track of say 1 mile definitely GTR will kick some ass... even though the 0-100 time is little bit high for a GTR it does gain speed afterwards (this is what i think)..

personally I think GTR M spec is much faster that standard STi.. No doubt about it.. Only STI that could keep up with it is the STI WR1 which is the UK model which gives 320BHP and 0-100 figure of 4.2s standard.

this is just what I think ok?? not that I have tested these cars or anything..

:D

this topic gets intresting day by day... personally I would go for a GTR 34 anyday.. No second thoughts for that.. since this matter about which is the fastest came up I would like to state my point here..

Personally I think that STI is faster than GTR (not the M spec) in quarter mile, but that doesn't mean overall STI is faster because if u consider a track of say 1 mile definitely GTR will kick some ass... even though the 0-100 time is little bit high for a GTR it does gain speed afterwards (this is what i think)..

personally I think GTR M spec is much faster that standard STi.. No doubt about it.. Only STI that could keep up with it is the STI WR1 which is the UK model which gives 320BHP and 0-100 figure of 4.2s standard.

this is just what I think ok?? not that I have tested these cars or anything..

JWEST your thoughts are exceptional man. 0-100 defintely evos and sti are faster. but GTR's need time steam up and they have a better top end. Point to point evo's will be always quick, ( RALLY CARS )

But if you take the beauty, engineering and character i guess skyline is always respected as gods feet.

Again Jwest your stats and info are perfect.

JWEST your thoughts are exceptional man. 0-100 defintely evos and sti are faster. but GTR's need time steam up and they have a better top end. Point to point evo's will be always quick, ( RALLY CARS )

But if you take the beauty, engineering and character i guess skyline is always respected as gods feet.

Again Jwest your stats and info are perfect.

hey thanks velocity :D atleast I got something right hehehehe

First I thought guys will take on me.. i feel so relieved.. :D

hey thanks velocity :D atleast I got something right hehehehe

First I thought guys will take on me.. i feel so relieved.. :D

No the thing is JWEST we need to make sure first that Evo and Skylines are Two Total Different Leagues.

Only time i saw Two totally different league cars were compared was the Evo 8 FQ400 and the Lambo Gallardo on Top Gear and the Evo 8 Almost kicked its butt,

No the thing is JWEST we need to make sure first that Evo and Skylines are Two Total Different Leagues.

Only time i saw Two totally different league cars were compared was the Evo 8 FQ400 and the Lambo Gallardo on Top Gear and the Evo 8 Almost kicked its butt,

yeah thats true EVO and STI are made for quick acceleration once slowed near corners, not for higher speeds.... FQ 400 is some machine.. Yet to see one for real.. bdw im in UK, i have only seen 2 FQ 340 upto date.. and that too got some sick ass look :D i think FQ series is much better looking than the japanese EVO.. same with STI, WR1 looks much better than the japanese STI

Hi Guys...

Vote for your dream car and your comments as well. If your dream car is none of the above, please mention your choce.

Plz take this poll in a good spirit.

At the risk of being labled lame I voted for the Celica. Why? Its simple, its economical, and its kinda nice.

Besides, I could drive it for a week on what the EVO would drink in a day :D

Chuckle....

PS: You didn't list the lamborghini murcielago. If you had I would have voted for it. True its hideously impractical and stupid but its cool. Especially painted black.

Or... perhaps.. how about the Lotus Elise. Now thats a cool car... also how about a Dodge Ram SRT-10.... I can go on... :D

p. ps. Lucky you Andrew, thats a nice car you have. And your car is a real deal. . Which is more than I can say for my car... :D

This thread kinda blew way out of proportion for a while there (though not bad) ….

As for the performance for a R34, we have to take Andrew’s word cos he’s talking on first hand experience and KNOWING what mods/settings are on the car…. Though it helps to have a 3rd party confirm this…

And kanishka, I too have seen a couple of videos of a drag between a R34 (blue) and a STi7 (white).. it was a Japanese thing.. there the STi won with like a 4 or 5 car-length lead… but I don’t consider that (or anything like that) as proof of anything cos we DON’T know what kinda mods those cars are running on….

So if I understand correct, Dejan sold his R34 and bought the Evo4? Is it? I don’t know about you guys, but the fact that he went from a R34 to a much older and not-so-nicer car tells me a LOT….obviously the R34 had something wrong with it….

Personally I like both the R34 and the Evo8.. I admit, one of the reasons I like the R34 is cos it looks real ‘elegantly’ fast… whereas the Evo has a very hard-ass look…but I don’t exactly dislike STi’s.. just not a fan of their looks…so my mind is swaying from one side to the other when I read every post on this thread…

So Andrew & Kanishka, stop calling each other names… (ok, that sounded weird)…wouldn’t it be great to have someone who’s driven a ‘unmodified’ R34, STi & Evo t o judge this… :D.. someday if/when I become filthy rich, I’ll buy all 3 of these cars and settle this forever.. :D

p. ps. Lucky you Andrew, thats a nice car you have. And your car is a real deal. . Which is more than I can say for my car... :D

haha yea...lucky indeed...

andrew jus take it wit a pinch of salt...no1 givs an evo or sti as much attention as a skyline in any part of the world however slower it may be off d block...some goons r jus envious dey wud never own one i suppose

And oft, my jealousy shapes faults that are not. ~William Shakespeare

At the risk of being labled lame I voted for the Celica. Why? Its simple, its economical, and its kinda nice.

Besides, I could drive it for a week on what the EVO would drink in a day :D

Chuckle....

PS: You didn't list the lamborghini murcielago. If you had I would have voted for it. True its hideously impractical and stupid but its cool. Especially painted black.

Or... perhaps.. how about the Lotus Elise. Now thats a cool car... also how about a Dodge Ram SRT-10.... I can go on... :D

I admit there are lots of real nice exotic cars that all of us dream of having… but I think we should stick to a price range…. Cos like, its not fair to have an Evo compete with an Enzo… as die-hard a fan I am of a Evo I’d surely go for an enzo…so maybe there should be a upper limit…maybe US$ 40,000….. that would include even a couple of European cars that are economical.. like the Elise… that’s one car that I think suits sri lanka well…though we have only 1 :D.. btw, ANDREW, how much does one cost? Maybe a 111R or a 111S.. yours is a 111R right?

PS:

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/nissan_skyline.asp

though the price given in the link dimantha gave says the base price of a R34 is US$89,500 I don’t think its so.. cos that’s like WHACK!!!

the discussion is very interesting... but... i still want to know who voted for the accord!!!!

So do I :D

Ur dream car is simple and economical? :D Economy never enters my mind as a criterea in my dreams :D But I suppose there is someone else who feels as u do. SOMEBODY has to have voted for the accord... :D

I admit there are lots of real nice exotic cars that all of us dream of having… but I think we should stick to a price range…. Cos like, its not fair to have an Evo compete with an Enzo… as die-hard a fan I am of a Evo I’d surely go for an enzo…so maybe there should be a upper limit…maybe US$ 40,000….. that would include even a couple of European cars that are economical.. like the Elise… that’s one car that I think suits sri lanka well…though we have only 1 :D.. btw, ANDREW, how much does one cost? Maybe a 111R or a 111S.. yours is a 111R right?

PS:

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/nissan_skyline.asp

though the price given in the link dimantha gave says the base price of a R34 is US$89,500 I don’t think its so.. cos that’s like WHACK!!!

Hey man...The elise would cost 10mill to bring down...on whether mine is a 111R or 111S it was kinda hard to say right...at 1st we thought it was the 111R but the thing is that the 111R was only sent to the U.S.A and japan didnt receive it...so we concluded that mine is the 111S...plus another thing that persuaded us to believe so is that it has a 1800cc Rover engine and NOT the 1800cc Toyota engine found on the 111R...so thats probably a 111S Limited......plus man the base price dimantha gave is from a U.S site which is correct...the only company that can bring down legal skylines is Motorex which is based in Cali...there website with all the prices is www.skylinegtr.com ...hey sharkster thanks man i know what u mean dude...

Hes probably right. To get the GT-R to the US u have to convert it to left hand drive, and thats why the inflation. I think if u check the dollar price in Japan it'll be significantly less. $50k? I remember a figure like that... guess it depends on the spec.

Hes probably right. To get the GT-R to the US u have to convert it to left hand drive, and thats why the inflation. I think if u check the dollar price in Japan it'll be significantly less. $50k? I remember a figure like that... guess it depends on the spec.

Hey preveen... ur right the prices in japan depend on Spec and mileage... when i went over there to get the car the price range was as such :

(Prices are for cars under 20,000 Km)

1999 R34 (Standard) Not a V-Spec - 2.6 mill yen

1999 R34 V-Spec - 3.2 mill yen

1999 R34 V-Spec II - 4.0 mill yen (biggest difference from the above 2 is The Rear Diffuser and Carbon Fibre bonnet)

2002 R34 V-Spec II NuR - 7.0 mill yen (Race bred - Extremely Hard suspension, no airconditioning, no leather seats, no audio system, carbon fibre bonnet and diffuser )

2002 R34 M-Spec Nur - 7.2 mill yen

These prices were from august 2004... and yup the skylines imported into the U.S have to be converted and crash tested..and the prices are off the scale...

Nobody like the missis? aka MR-S :D Such a fun little car. Have to go all the way to the NSX before u can find another mid-engine, RWD car on this list.

He he. I just got the 100th post on this thread :D Reply 99 + the post mean the 100th post Whhooo hooo!! :jumping-smiley-013::angry-smiley-048:B)