• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vs. Gm

fuzzo

i hear that there is a marketing war going on between toyota and GM

below are some billboards

060421_toyotalbillboards_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

P0002078.jpg

some other boards by toyota were

"All 10 of our plants make profit"

Shows the number 13 and then says..."Donuts in a baker's dozen; Toyota's U.S. investment, in billions,"

another one is...

Shows the number 386,000 and then says "Kilometers to the moon; U.S. jobs created by Toyota."

i hear that there is a marketing war going on between toyota and GM

below are some billboards

060421_toyotalbillboards_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

P0002078.jpg

some other boards by toyota were

"All 10 of our plants make profit"

Shows the number 13 and then says..."Donuts in a baker's dozen; Toyota's U.S. investment, in billions,"

another one is...

Shows the number 386,000 and then says "Kilometers to the moon; U.S. jobs created by Toyota."

A Massive Real Dinosaur (GM) fighting with a Genetically engineered T-Rex. GM is in big trouble. Toyota is extremely cash rich and can buy GM and Ford in a flash if they wanted to.

But small cracks are begining to appear on Toyotas armour with the recall scandal.

And the Renault-Nissan tie up could prop up GM. Actually it might be GM's only hope!

A Massive Real Dinosaur (GM) fighting with a Genetically engineered T-Rex. GM is in big trouble. Toyota is extremely cash rich and can buy GM and Ford in a flash if they wanted to.

But small cracks are begining to appear on Toyotas armour with the recall scandal.

And the Renault-Nissan tie up could prop up GM. Actually it might be GM's only hope!

well said!

GM, Ford might still make it, if Toyota is to take the same route that Mitsibishi took with regard to hiding defects!

I guess the biggest problem to GM and Ford now is the mere existence of the jap big three in USDM... GM will have to build more fuel efficient vehicles or else they are doomed with their SUV line up.

But Fords is breaking grounds in Europe!

well said!

GM, Ford might still make it, if Toyota is to take the same route that Mitsibishi took with regard to hiding defects!

I guess the biggest problem to GM and Ford now is the mere existence of the jap big three in USDM... GM will have to build more fuel efficient vehicles or else they are doomed with their SUV line up.

But Fords is breaking grounds in Europe!

Ford has always done very well in Europe, in fact they are possibly the best selling vehicles in Britain, of course Fords built in Britain have always been a different animal from Fods built in the US :D

I think GM now owns Daewoo doesnt it, they seem to be trying to rebrand some of the Daewoo's as Chevrolets he he i wonder how that is going to play out, you think it will help the Chevi brand ?

The Don

Ford has always done very well in Europe, in fact they are possibly the best selling vehicles in Britain, of course Fords built in Britain have always been a different animal from Fods built in the US :D

I think GM now owns Daewoo doesnt it, they seem to be trying to rebrand some of the Daewoo's as Chevrolets he he i wonder how that is going to play out, you think it will help the Chevi brand ?

The Don

gee i guess datz bad on chevy!

The Don

They have already done that. All Daewoo vehicles are branded as Cheverlotte in Europe. Infact I think the Daewoo name is only present in Korea.

But have seen in Autocar that these rebranded Deawoo's are selling. They even got their own touring cars lined up at the BTCC. Also they have some sort of performance tuned cars up there. Might not be bad after all.

BTW there is an agent for GM in Sri Lanka. They are the same ppl who bring the Porsche & Jags. But so far they have only imported 1 vehicle which is a double cab. (A blue coloured one which is run by the government). Nothing yet of others yet.

If daewoo's are marketed as Chevvies, then how come Suzuki Engines are in the Chevi Cruze here in SL. Is there a collabaration between Suzuki/Daewoo/GM?

Suzuki has something to do with GM. But the Cruze is actually a Suzuki. Its the Hungarian Ignis, also the same body & engine comes in the Subaru Justy.

Another thing is suzuki Wagon R is also marketed in Europe as a Vauxhall, also there is a talk of Suzuki building a smaller car for Nissan. Nissan already uses a Suzuki car in the Jap market rebadged as Mocco.

There are even Suzuki's badged as Mazda's.

You can check the world car guide for more.

Maybe its a ploy of sharing there technology together.

Cheers

I read on the wiki that Nissan outsources it kei-cars. Probably the scene is that the larger companies can't be bothered diverting resources to do R&D on the smaller cars, but they give the brand name to small car companies. Then those companies can share in the profits from the brand name while doing all the R&D, which they can apply to several different vehicles. When my sis got a Cruze I looked into it a bit. Seems like the Cruze is even built in the same factory, only difference being body shell, interior materials and the badge. But the GM/Chevy combo probably helps it move more units than Suzuki. I suppose GM would be having quality team to make sure the product is up to the mark, coz after all, they will take the flack for defects, even if Suzuki is building the cars for them, but that is the situ.

also there is a talk of Suzuki building a smaller car for Nissan. Nissan already uses a Suzuki car in the Jap market rebadged as Mocco.

Yeah true, the decision has come in the light of Nissans lagging sales, especially in JDM! Nissans main concern is to increase the number of units sold and retain the Japan's no.2 title!

I read on the wiki that Nissan outsources it kei-cars. Probably the scene is that the larger companies can't be bothered diverting resources to do R&D on the smaller cars, but they give the brand name to small car companies. Then those companies can share in the profits from the brand name while doing all the R&D, which they can apply to several different vehicles. When my sis got a Cruze I looked into it a bit. Seems like the Cruze is even built in the same factory, only difference being body shell, interior materials and the badge. But the GM/Chevy combo probably helps it move more units than Suzuki. I suppose GM would be having quality team to make sure the product is up to the mark, coz after all, they will take the flack for defects, even if Suzuki is building the cars for them, but that is the situ.

Hey do yoll know that Daihatsu is a subcediary of Toyota? Daihatsu mainly focuses on manufacturing kay cars for the market..have you seen the new Charade on the roads? thats designed by Toyota.

Hey do yoll know that Daihatsu is a subcediary of Toyota? Daihatsu mainly focuses on manufacturing kay cars for the market..have you seen the new Charade on the roads? thats designed by Toyota.

Yes Daihatsu is a subsidiary of Toyata. Have any of you guys spotted the Daihatsu YRV which comes with a 1300cc Intercool Turbo angine?

Yes Daihatsu is a subsidiary of Toyata. Have any of you guys spotted the Daihatsu YRV which comes with a 1300cc Intercool Turbo angine?

Cant remember if it was a turbo version but have seen one in Thimbirigasyaya Road, Its said to be quite quick and fun (Youth Recreational Vehicle - thats the meaning of the letters). Local agents will not be bringing down this model until they cement themselves in the car field.

Also you must remember that Toyota also does Hino & Scion as well apart from Daihatsu & Lexus. Hino being the commercail vehicle and the Scion something made for the youth market in US (think that the IST is one of them).

Cant remember if it was a turbo version but have seen one in Thimbirigasyaya Road, Its said to be quite quick and fun (Youth Recreational Vehicle - thats the meaning of the letters). Local agents will not be bringing down this model until they cement themselves in the car field.

Also you must remember that Toyota also does Hino & Scion as well apart from Daihatsu & Lexus. Hino being the commercail vehicle and the Scion something made for the youth market in US (think that the IST is one of them).

YRV will not be brought down soon, but there's a new Charade and Terios in the market.