• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suziki Aerio 2003 - Need Comments

ThilakR

Question

Hi Hola,

My budget is 2m. This car is only 1.9m.

Best

Thilak

I think you are going in for japanease makes. I am sure there are plenty of korean cars for your budget. Anyway,the unregistred alternatives for 2mil is Nissan Suny FB15 (new face), Brand new egg shape Suzuki Swift (1.9million),March beatlel model... have a look at those as well. Suzuki Aerio is a good car, but for the same price you can get the above altenatives as well.

I think you are going in for japanease makes. I am sure there are plenty of korean cars for your budget. Anyway,the unregistred alternatives for 2mil is Nissan Suny FB15 (new face), Brand new egg shape Suzuki Swift (1.9million),March beatlel model... have a look at those as well. Suzuki Aerio is a good car, but for the same price you can get the above altenatives as well.

Thank you for the comments. :(

Machan I need to buy this for my office use. I get paid a rental. The recommended car type is a sedan. That is why I did not try March beetle and Swift.

Personally I do not like that box fitted on 4 wheels. Sunny FB15. :D

Last saturday I went many car sales. Because I have a less budget Hmmm....... :violent-smiley-030:

This car looks fine for me. But I do not know the fuel economy and maintenance. Some ppl say the cost of spares are high.

Need to get some idea before jump on to the wheels. B)

Thilak

Thank you for the comments. :(

Machan I need to buy this for my office use. I get paid a rental. The recommended car type is a sedan. That is why I did not try March beetle and Swift.

Personally I do not like that box fitted on 4 wheels. Sunny FB15. :D

Last saturday I went many car sales. Because I have a less budget Hmmm....... :violent-smiley-030:

This car looks fine for me. But I do not know the fuel economy and maintenance. Some ppl say the cost of spares are high.

Need to get some idea before jump on to the wheels. B)

Thilak

Isn't the Aerio the name they give the wagon version of the Liana?

Isn't the Aerio the name they give the wagon version of the Liana?

Aerio is the domestic version if I'm not mistaken and it comes in sedan too. A*W sell brand new Lianas starting from 2.4milion but I haven't seen any Liana estates. So all these Aerio estates must be the recon ones. From what I have heard it's a good car. The only thing I admire from the Aerio is the boot, it's huge. Even the back seats are very spacious.

Have you noticed that the Liana has a version where one of the reverse lights are red colored?

And the front grill looks a bit sporty

The 'red reverse light' must be the rear fog lamp which is common in the europe, it has only one reverse light.

Hi Hola,

My budget is 2m. This car is only 1.9m.

Best

Thilak

Thilak,

Why does your company insist on a sedan? Do you want a car that you will enjoy driving or just for transportation purposes?

Are you allowed to buy a registered car?

If you are given an allowance and you are buying your own car is there anyway you can up your budget?

IMHO this Suzuki is crap to drive and to look at. But if you want a painless ownership experience it should be ok.

If you can answer the above questions I could suggest a few better options.

Cheers

Thilak,

Why does your company insist on a sedan? Do you want a car that you will enjoy driving or just for transportation purposes?

Are you allowed to buy a registered car?

If you are given an allowance and you are buying your own car is there anyway you can up your budget?

IMHO this Suzuki is crap to drive and to look at. But if you want a painless ownership experience it should be ok.

If you can answer the above questions I could suggest a few better options.

Cheers

Thanks machan, :P

Don't you know some stupid rules use by companies to control small ppl moving to better versions than the seniors. They need each grades to be in same type of vehicles.

I am not in a position to increase this budget now because I stuck with my house building works too. :lol:

But it is ok for me to go for a registered car. But again I have to be in my fuel budget too. The Mazda wagon (2001) I am using now is not good in fuel. :(

Sunny FB15 also good. But I do not like the shape verymuch. Mazda BJ5P looks better.

But this SUZUKI Aerio looks fine. But donno how the maintenance and the second hand value. It looks ok with fuel.

Cheers

Thilak

my advice is to go for a recently registered car. i believe some leasing companies give 100% lease on recently reg vehicles. this way you will have a better range to choose from

Thanks machan.

What would you recommend ? I found only Sunny FB15 and Mazda for my budget.

They looks little older type. If I buy one must keep at least 3 years. Therefore it would be better if I could get a little newer version. :I don't like to go for non japanese one too. :(

So with all these I am now bit confused. :(

Need your expert advice. :(

It looks like Aerio is not used by many ppl here. :D

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR

Thanks machan, :P

Don't you know some stupid rules use by companies to control small ppl moving to better versions than the seniors. They need each grades to be in same type of vehicles.

I am not in a position to increase this budget now because I stuck with my house building works too. :lol:

But it is ok for me to go for a registered car. But again I have to be in my fuel budget too. The Mazda wagon (2001) I am using now is not good in fuel. :(

Sunny FB15 also good. But I do not like the shape verymuch. Mazda BJ5P looks better.

But this SUZUKI Aerio looks fine. But donno how the maintenance and the second hand value. It looks ok with fuel.

Cheers

Thilak

Thanks machan.

What would you recommend ? I found only Sunny FB15 and Mazda for my budget.

They looks little older type. If I buy one must keep at least 3 years. Therefore it would be better if I could get a little newer version. :I don't like to go for non japanese one too. :(

Need your expert advice. :(

It looks like Aerio is not used by many ppl here. :D

Thilak

Hi Tilak,

I think the Suzuki's are pretty decent cars, but if you are getting a Suzuki or any car for that matter and are worried about maintenance costs, get a car you see lots of arround, cos that is the only way of gurranteing that spares and body parts are freely available.

Else though you might stand out from the crowd, you might have to pay the price long term on maintenance.

Guys can't Tilak afford a Lancer or any of the Thai made Toyota's and Honda's. Or the Mazda 3 sedan or something like that ?. Sorry I am a bit out of touch with the Sri Lankan market.

Also I wonder how much the Nissan Bluebird Slyphy goes unreg ?

Also as Fuzzo suggests if you go for a recently registered car with low miles and well maintained you might be able to get a better car within your budget.

And also don't bee too wary of Korean Cars, some have certain build quality issues, because the industry is younge compared to certain other countries, but there are lots of them, so these small quirks me thinks are easily sorted. The biggest complain't I've heard is that dashboards and interior parts become squaky after running for a bit on SL type bumpy roads .....

Regards,

The Don

Hi Tilak,

I think the Suzuki's are pretty decent cars, but if you are getting a Suzuki or any car for that matter and are worried about maintenance costs, get a car you see lots of arround, cos that is the only way of gurranteing that spares and body parts are freely available.

Else though you might stand out from the crowd, you might have to pay the price long term on maintenance.

Guys can't Tilak afford a Lancer or any of the Thai made Toyota's and Honda's. Or the Mazda 3 sedan or something like that ?. Sorry I am a bit out of touch with the Sri Lankan market.

Also as Fuzzo suggests if you go for a recently registered car with low miles and well maintained you might be able to get a better car within your budget.

And also don't bee too wary of Korean Cars, some have certain build quality issues, because the industry is younge compared to certain other countries, but there are lots of them, so these small quirks me thinks are easily sorted. The biggest complain't I've heard is that dashboards and interior parts become squaky after running for a bit on SL type bumpy roads .....

Regards,

The Don

Yep. Me too decided to put another round on saturday to check for a good registered car as Fuzzo suggested.

But I like the Suzuki Aerio too cos it's shape. But I need to have some idea from someone who knows this car. Normally I don't believe what car sale ppl say. They try to do the business. :P

Best Regards

Thilak

The Mazda 3 is about 3 mill. The Thai Toyotas and Hondas are 2.3mill or there abouts and the build is not that gr8. Bluebird Silphy I'm not sure but it's very old tech there and could be over 2m.

This is the best way to go I would say. We have two Mazda Familias in our fleet and they're easy to maintain and return 10KM/L.

Regards,

The Don

I would not touch a Korean car as they're fuel consumption is known to be horendous. Also at the time of reselling you may lose more.

I would not touch a Korean car as they're fuel consumption is known to be horendous. Also at the time of reselling you may lose more.

The Mazda 3 is about 3 mill. The Thai Toyotas and Hondas are 2.3mill or there abouts and the build is not that gr8. Bluebird Silphy I'm not sure but it's very old tech there and could be over 2m.

This is the best way to go I would say. We have two Mazda Familias in our fleet and they're easy to maintain and return 10KM/L.

woah wait...how about a Proton Gen-2?

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...amp;hl=malaysia

img434414a017921ai2.jpg

see the topic...

But its 2.6mil brand new, i am sure there are recon from Singapore

Hi Hola,

Dont think Tilak would be interested in the Gen 2, since he has already ruled our Korean, and thus malaysian automatically go out of the equation too .....

I am not sure how the Blue Bird Sylphy classifies to be old technology though I dont think it would be brilliant on fuel.

I am curious, what is the cheapest Diesel U/R car that can be bought in the market today ?

The Don

dude where did you get that fact from? the kia rio does 13 km/l. the optima about 10. quite average compared wit other cars. well they do depriciate in price which is why you will be able to get a good buy on a recon car.

They looks little older type. If I buy one must keep at least 3 years. Therefore it would be better if I could get a little newer version. :I don't like to go for non japanese one too. :P

Need your expert advice. ;)

It looks like Aerio is not used by many ppl here. :(

Thilak

To Hola, Follow the thread carefully before you do post...

Good question....The Tata has the cheapest price tag for unreg dieasel vehicles from 975/=

Nope!! even the brand new petrol ones go around 1.3million, no chance of getting a diesel one for 975/=.

Edited by Bharath

dude where did you get that fact from? the kia rio does 13 km/l. the optima about 10. quite average compared wit other cars. well they do depriciate in price which is why you will be able to get a good buy on a recon car.

Oh your probably right. I entirely forgot about the new Kias. How much is a Cerato? That has a decent shape.....

Sorry man but I don't remeber how the Rio looks at all. The new Sportage - yes it looks great.

BTW one of my close pals had a recon auto 1.6 Elantra. It slurped fuel at an alarming rate, never gave him more than 6 Km/L. And the agents could never figure it out. Admittedly he was a hard driver but he sold it and bought a 18- BMW 318i which gave him a much better 8 KM/L.

Then my neighbour had an accent which he replaced with a FB15 as he was never happy with the economy.

And also there is one of my father's biz associates who is fed up yet stuck with a Sonata. He bought it unreg. And it guzzles says he.

To Hola, Follow the thread carefully before you do post...

Nope!! even the brand new petrol ones go around 1.3million, no chance of getting a diesel one for 975/=.

Hi,

Thank you somuch for all your advices. Machan may be I am bit old thinking guy. I have still doubt about non japanese cars. I know they are in good technology. But can we get them repaired easily from outstations without coming to colombo?

How about the second value? I have little doubt on these.

I still like that Suzuki Aerio. But it looks like non of you guy has use it. How about the Liana? It is pretty same type. And after all it exactly fit my budget. Poor me Hmmmm....

Best regards

Thilak

Can you get a Tata indica diesel for 975 !!!!! ??

The Don

Hey Don,

It is the TATA single cab around 975 before. I think it is bit more now. Not the car. I don't think there are any Tata Indika diesel cars available in here. The petrol car is about 1.3 full option.

Best

Thilak