• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche Carrera Crash

Hola

Not quite sure the purpose of this post though, I am sure there is one, but I am probably not intelligent enough to get it.

First I though maybe it was to highlight the dangers of what could happen with such exotics in the hands of the wrong person.

Then I though it was about rich kids with limited driving skills crashing their exotics.

Then I though maybe it is to highlight the strength of the Porche Glass because its hardly damaged in the pic.

Then I though maybe it is to show pictures of a foreign country to people who have never seen them.

But then I though maybe Hola is as jobless as me at work today :(

The Don

Edited by The Don

Not quite sure the purpose of this post though, I am sure there is one, but I am probably not intelligent enough to get it.

First I though maybe it was to highlight the dangers of what could happen with such exotics in the hands of the wrong person.

Then I though it was about rich kids with limited driving skills crashing their exotics.

Then I though maybe it is to highlight the strength of the Porche Glass because its hardly damaged in the pic.

Then I though maybe it is to show pictures of a foreign country to people who have never seen them.

The Don

Actually he states his intentions quite clearly in this thread

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=2130

So I'm guessing it's the same thing here ;) Man Hola, quite a celebrity arent u. Keep ON a-rollin

Oh, yes..can a moderator please correct the topic name to Carrera? Thanks

The Don

actulay i used up 5 out of my 14 annual leave ;)

Actually he states his intentions quite clearly in this thread

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=2130

So I'm guessing it's the same thing here :PMan Hola, quite a celebrity arent u. Keep ON a-rollin

ohkey buddy, youll soon see ;)

Since the badge on the back says Carrera, we shall safely assume it is a Carrera. I suppose Porsche owners don't stick upgraded stickers on their cars like Civic owners plaster on Type-R stickers...

well the styling's a lot more different too for the cayman...especially the rear...

Holy crap that may be the worst crash I've seen yet. Where the hell are the airbags? Since it says Queensland I'm assuming the car started off as a right hand drive..

It is an RHD car, really bad crash.

Holy crap that may be the worst crash I've seen yet. Where the hell are the airbags? Since it says Queensland I'm assuming the car started off as a right hand drive..

ilovemyjob13gi6zq8.th.jpg

Its got Airbags, but it probably doesn't have sensors in sides. (Older cars usually have only one sensor located in the middle of the front bumper or immediately behind it.)

Since the badge on the back says Carrera, we shall safely assume it is a Carrera. I suppose Porsche owners don't stick upgraded stickers on their cars like Civic owners plaster on Type-R stickers...

To badge a Carrera as a Cayman would be a down grade. :(

Edited by tuk tuk

but i doubt the owner of any porsche would have an identity crisis...

True dat. I think thats what I said :D

To badge a Carrera as a Cayman would be a down grade. :D

U have the wrong end of the stick my friend. Hola said it was a Cayman, but the badge on the back said Carrera. A Cayman with a Carrera sticker would be an upgrade. Except u don't do that when u have a Porsche.

On a side note, Motor Trend Magazine (April 2006 issue) that the Cayman S and the Carrera is close enough in performance that there is serious competition for the Carrera from that quarter, Specially considering the prices of the two. The question is being asked, is the baby brother gonna turn out to be the heir to the throne?

True dat. I think thats what I said :D

U have the wrong end of the stick my friend. Hola said it was a Cayman, but the badge on the back said Carrera. A Cayman with a Carrera sticker would be an upgrade. Except u don't do that when u have a Porsche.

True, i made the first mistake and i had to request a moderator to amend the topic. Sorry

Eh Hola no offence but, do u get a kick outta seeing crashed cars?

I dunno if Hola gets a kick outta it, but I would give a lot to be in the right place at the right time to take a pic like one in the the last set. Specially those 360s. Damn, talk about a reflex shot!

wasn't there a movie sometime back about people who got off on crashing cars... was it crash?

Ha ha no Fuzzo the movie crash was of a much deeper theme, won an oscar for best picture :P Since this is an automotive forum won't go into detail about theme etc.

wasn't there a movie sometime back about people who got off on crashing cars... was it crash?

yup that's the one...

Ha ha no Fuzzo the movie crash was of a much deeper theme, won an oscar for best picture :P Since this is an automotive forum won't go into detail about theme etc.

don we're talking of two different films here...the crash from last year is totally different to this late 90's film starring james spader and holly hunter...check it out...