• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia spectra 2001

Thushara 90

Question

6 answers to this question

Well its got a Mazda engine (B5) I believe and some sort of JATCO transmission they borrowed. Honestly speaking, I consider it as an assembled car for the purpose of selling it for low cost just for the sake of entering to the market by KIA in early 2000s. Not to discourage you but I really think you should reconsider on alternative options.

Please contact Ajantha Motors and ask for the parts availability.

2 hours ago, Thushara 90 said:

What did you mean by a alternative a Japanies or Korean. In the same budget I don't find any Japanies as a alternative with same features please advice me.

No there are Japanese vehicles falls under the budget but they would be bit older than the Spectra.

For an example the engine being used in the spectra is the same one used in Mazda Familia 323 BG model (1989–1994) and it would be around the same price or lesser. If the previous owners have maintained the Famila car in order, then I believe its a well thought of a car with compared to Spectra.

May I suggest you following? 
1. Nissan March K11

2. Peugeot 206

Edited by Amila_Silva

On 6/24/2020 at 1:42 AM, Amila_Silva said:

No there are Japanese vehicles falls under the budget but they would be bit older than the Spectra.

For an example the engine being used in the spectra is the same one used in Mazda Familia 323 BG model (1989–1994) and it would be around the same price or lesser. If the previous owners have maintained the Famila car in order, then I believe its a well thought of a car with compared to Spectra.

May I suggest you following? 
1. Nissan March K11

2. Peugeot 206

@Amila_Silva are you trying to exact revenge on @Thushara 90 for sins from a past life or something suggesting a Pug 206?! ?

The March K11 is a decent car ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devinda_Z said:

@Amila_Silva are you trying to exact revenge on @Thushara 90 for sins from a past life or something suggesting a Pug 206?! ?

The March K11 is a decent car ?

Ha ha. No I don't even know him. Anyway is Peugeot 206 that bad? I never owned one but I like the way it looks (as a hatchback) :)

58 minutes ago, Amila_Silva said:

Ha ha. No I don't even know him. Anyway is Peugeot 206 that bad? I never owned one but I like the way it looks (as a hatchback) :)

Fairly mediocre as far as reliability goes.

A friend owned one brand new and it was an endless slew of repairs, some under warranty