• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lanka Hungry For Drags

isurujosh

The drag loving enthusiast community in the country has been long been deprived with good action. If at all there have been a few good private drags with competitors and the cars growing in strength.

I am sure that the overwhelming success of “Skills at night 2” is living proof that the country is hungry for some really cool motoring action.

What better time than this to arrange an official dragging competition that would pick the best out of the best. [Fastest SOHC, fastest drag car in SL, Fastest Scooby, Fastest Honda]

Zackie, Nigel, Dimantha, MADZ, KLM, dragster … come on guys you have the necessary skills, contacts to arrange something good for the country.

Meanwhile rest of the AL membership may also contribute to the cause in little ways we can. (I can start a mail chain)

Amen to that !!!!

I lose track of the number of times I have been saying this and for how long I have been saying it.......

.......start a club !! Take it to the next level !!!

Get Organised!!

The drag loving enthusiast community in the country has been long been deprived with good action. If at all there have been a few good private drags with competitors and the cars growing in strength.

I am sure that the overwhelming success of “Skills at night 2” is living proof that the country is hungry for some really cool motoring action.

What better time than this to arrange an official dragging competition that would pick the best out of the best. [Fastest SOHC, fastest drag car in SL, Fastest Scooby, Fastest Honda]

Zackie, Nigel, Dimantha, MADZ, KLM, dragster … come on guys you have the necessary skills, contacts to arrange something good for the country.

Meanwhile rest of the AL membership may also contribute to the cause in little ways we can. (I can start a mail chain)

Great! Lets do it! We (Negombo) would like to partnership in orgaizing this!

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds cool :rolleyes: look in to that as well ....

none f da influential figures have responded to this one as yet! either they have not cn this or the country is not really hungry! but i think if a few of us can get together we can go to Pannala track and do it our selves in a private manner! @hola perhapas u can get the negombo crowd organised 4 this!

none f da influential figures have responded to this one as yet! either they have not cn this or the country is not really hungry! but i think if a few of us can get together we can go to Pannala track and do it our selves in a private manner! @hola perhapas u can get the negombo crowd organised 4 this!

I agree.. Dude, bt im nt totally sure abt pannala tracks availability at the moment fo this kinda thing.. Sometime back i heard they were renting it for private purposes..

If there is some one who has contacts with the ownership of the track please reply to this.. I also will try to find out about the availability and other info..

In the meantime is there any good place/road that we can set for a drag..?? i mean a place not commonly known and kinda not disturbing to the public.. Any new findings regarding to this people.??

Cheers Fellas..!! :rolleyes:

I agree.. Dude, bt im nt totally sure abt pannala tracks availability at the moment fo this kinda thing.. Sometime back i heard they were renting it for private purposes..

If there is some one who has contacts with the ownership of the track please reply to this.. I also will try to find out about the availability and other info..

In the meantime is there any good place/road that we can set for a drag..?? i mean a place not commonly known and kinda not disturbing to the public.. Any new findings regarding to this people.??

Cheers Fellas..!! :lol:

guess what man!!! we have got something rolling now... i shall contact u privately and let u know the progress... :rolleyes:

We would love to help in. But we cant do it alone. I have to admit that. Need more hands!

boys it was a day none of you should've missed...the drive upto to pannala...the drive around the track...AND the drive back was an adrenaline rush...and everyone was well behaved weren't they pericles?well sorta...

i must admit...a certain VZR sounds very good at 7000rpm...i have clips to prove it...

p.s. i'm in the red tee black cap in all 3 pics :ninja:...

Heck man, even the photographer wants to have fun from time to time :D got only 16 frames, but about 2 are unusable. I swear someone shook the catwalk railing that the cam was on for one of those! Great fun to be back in Pannala, haven't been there for a long time.

I do agree Shak, great rush. Nothing like a nice cruise, eh? ;)

And also, ma baby was behaving beautifully. Times the cam switch juuuust as we go past the crowd at the start. :D Nearly caught me napping exiting one hairpin, but no drama. Mr. Speedholic had a minor bother tho, eh? :ninja:

Had a first time experience, driving lessons at 150kmph, Thanks Nigel. I will give it a try. When I have shoes. Otherwise I got feet big enough to slam all three pedals with one foot. We also found out that Nigel's head is smaller than mine :P His helmet refused to even get to my ears :P

Lemme know about that tire situ Pila, I'm gonna need some too :D

Diesel power was pretty good too. Only the owner kept making sqwaking noises in my ear.

And I am told I improve car stablility by my presence :P

Shockingly, after all that, only a 1/2 tank of fuel used. :(:D

Edited by Pericles

Heck man, even the photographer wants to have fun from time to time :D got only 16 frames, but about 2 are unusable. I swear someone shook the catwalk railing that the cam was on for one of those! Great fun to be back in Pannala, haven't been there for a long time.

I do agree Shak, great rush. Nothing like a nice cruise, eh? ;)

And also, ma baby was behaving beautifully. Times the cam switch juuuust as we go past the crowd at the start. :D Nearly caught me napping exiting one hairpin, but no drama. Mr. Speedholic had a minor bother tho, eh? :ninja:

Had a first time experience, driving lessons at 150kmph, Thanks Nigel. I will give it a try. When I have shoes. Otherwise I got feet big enough to slam all three pedals with one foot. We also found out that Nigel's head is smaller than mine :P His helmet refused to even get to my ears :P

Lemme know about that tire situ Pila, I'm gonna need some too :D

Diesel power was pretty good too. Only the owner kept making sqwaking noises in my ear.

And I am told I improve car stablility by my presence :P

Shockingly, after all that, only a 1/2 tank of fuel used. :(:D

Yeeah man understeer heaven on that last corner, plus the ABS kicked in, but it was minor man, no biggie, had fun in the beemer as well, a little bit more power and i could have done some crazy powerslides, did one just behind dimantha, one the last lap...

I guess you guys didn't get the memo about the trip to Pannala today. I think everybody is meeting at Independence Square at 12:30 or something like that before drivig to the track.

i got tipped off on friday but couldn't visit ###### web so i dint know the meeting plc. ! my contact person was chang and his phone was out of order in the mornin! i am sad that i missed da event! anway i am happy that the community got together had fun! next time hopefully i can make it! :D

Jus tooooooo bad i cudnt make it... :P Got to know about da event from Isuru though, gave up the idea on friday itself coz had to put da car to garage the other day, for som minor repairs.. Then only came to know on sat eve that Isuru has missed the scene as well.. :D aaah.. will try to make it next time...