• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Causes of Tires Wear on Outside Edge

Darshana Mihindukula

Question

My car is Toyota Aqua 2014. I need to replace the existing 175/65R15 dunlop tyres due to causes of tires wear out (specially outside edge). The tyre shop owner has tell me that there have a common issue related to aqua cars when using 175/65R15 tyres due to causes of tires wear on outside edge. Therefore, he has recommended to change to 185/60R15 (to increase tyre width to avoid the issue). Is it okay? Pls help.

20200803_120218.thumb.jpg.fc5fc26968a3e028cc2f086ecc0dd073.jpg

5 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Darshana Mihindukula said:

This is front right side tyre. But, all the tyres wear out both out sides equally. I'm using nitrogen air & exchanged tyres on every services. Tyre air pressure (33-34) maintained most of the times.

As far as I know the rear camber in the aqua is not adjustable, check if yours are. 

Almost all the newer toyota hatches have a small toe out , and negative camber , could be that but can't be serious as yours 

Before changing tyre sizes do a wheel alignment including camber and caster. Check all bushings, meanwhile use a used tyre set or something until you make sure the tyres wear equally. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2020 at 1:06 PM, Darshana Mihindukula said:

My car is Toyota Aqua 2014. I need to replace the existing 175/65R15 dunlop tyres due to causes of tires wear out (specially outside edge). The tyre shop owner has tell me that there have a common issue related to aqua cars when using 175/65R15 tyres due to causes of tires wear on outside edge. Therefore, he has recommended to change to 185/60R15 (to increase tyre width to avoid the issue). Is it okay? Pls help.

20200803_120218.thumb.jpg.fc5fc26968a3e028cc2f086ecc0dd073.jpg

Not to be rude or anything but that tyre is totally worn out!

Yes the inner edge is worn more, but its not like the center or the outside edge is in good condition! There is absolutely no tread left, even in the middle. That tyre has been totally trash for some time...I feel it should have been replaced at least 5000-8000km ago at least! 

Don't run your tyres down like this, its is extremely dangerous! For you, your passengers and more importantly, for the rest of us road users....

Edited by Kavvz