• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Headlight Restorer

Memphis

Question

There is an agent to use on plastic headlight lenses, which removes the fading due to aging. I know that kleenpark does it, but this one is a do-it-yourself thing.

Have any of you come across this (or anything similar) in SL ? If one orders from e-bay, the cost doubles due to shipping charges...

16 answers to this question

Hi Memphis,

I am sure the solution is available in SL, but I get the feeling the people who do this for a business do not really want to sell it as a DIY kit,

I mean I once went to a spare part shop in kohuwala and this dude had quite the sales pitch and trying to sell me all sorts of shit, and he also said give me your headlights i will have them looking nice and new for you, so obviously he has the kit too, he wanted 1500 RS for both my head lights,

there is another place in Delkanda who does the same thing for the same price,

maybe its cheaper than getting the kit down from the US ? I mean the cheapest I saw it on ebay was 8 dollars for the kit + postage

The Don

Hi Memphis,

I am sure the solution is available in SL, but I get the feeling the people who do this for a business do not really want to sell it as a DIY kit,

I mean I once went to a spare part shop in kohuwala and this dude had quite the sales pitch and trying to sell me all sorts of shit, and he also said give me your headlights i will have them looking nice and new for you, so obviously he has the kit too, he wanted 1500 RS for both my head lights,

there is another place in Delkanda who does the same thing for the same price,

maybe its cheaper than getting the kit down from the US ? I mean the cheapest I saw it on ebay was 8 dollars for the kit + postage

The Don

Don,

Thanks for the info. Yeah if it's 1500, then it's cheaper than getting it from e-bay. Must get it done from one of the local guys.

Don,

Thanks for the info. Yeah if it's 1500, then it's cheaper than getting it from e-bay. Must get it done from one of the local guys.

If it's 8 bucks plus say even another 10 bucks for shipping the DIY kit is worth, as 1500 is 15 bucks and I am sure u can use the DIY kit more n once.

Hey Don,

Well it's $12 to ship over here but only problem is I don't trust the dude's product. If upto me I would prolly go with this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLOUDED-Hea...025117658QQrdZ1

or maybe this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-CAR-CAR...029871851QQrdZ1

lemme know what you wanna do bro and I can get it for ya.

Cheers, Porky

Hi Porkster,

Well I think the best idea is to pool together and get the kit and use it on a few cars, and devide the cost,

But 32+12 is about 44 dollars so dunno if it makes financial sense unless you can do atleast 3 Cars but then also you have to go through the whole process of taking the headlights off and the labour of doing it yourself,

I personally don't need the kit since I am out of the country thesedays, so Over to you Memphis,

The Don

Hey Don,

Well it's $12 to ship over here but only problem is I don't trust the dude's product. If upto me I would prolly go with this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLOUDED-Hea...025117658QQrdZ1

or maybe this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-CAR-CAR...029871851QQrdZ1

lemme know what you wanna do bro and I can get it for ya.

Cheers, Porky

Well the second one at US $12.99 (+ $12 shipping) looks ok. A bit expensive, but if it gets the work done I can save a new pair of headlights.

Porky, if you can get it down let me know.

Well the second one at US $12.99 (+ $12 shipping) looks ok. A bit expensive, but if it gets the work done I can save a new pair of headlights.

Hey dude,

Yup headlights here are damn expensive and fogged out faded ones looks so shyte simple things like this we can't get in Sri Lanka, I mean even look at the sad state of multiplugs!!! I just recently bought a windshield chip repair kit also....as I said simple little things....sigh....

Is always the case where some bugger gets his hands on an ordinary supermarket bought item then thinks he's king shit here....jeez loueez.....ima gonna put an end to that nonsense I tell ya what!

Yeah I can get the restorer for ya gimme an e-mail to [email protected] and we can do the dillio.

Cheers, Porky

Hey dude,

Yup headlights here are damn expensive and fogged out faded ones looks so shyte simple things like this we can't get in Sri Lanka, I mean even look at the sad state of multiplugs!!! I just recently bought a windshield chip repair kit also....as I said simple little things....sigh....

Is always the case where some bugger gets his hands on an ordinary supermarket bought item then thinks he's king shit here....jeez loueez.....ima gonna put an end to that nonsense I tell ya what!

Yeah I can get the restorer for ya gimme an e-mail to [email protected] and we can do the dillio.

Cheers, Porky

Yes Hola porkster has made a small mistake, big deal,

Well its great news Memphis and Hola you guys have decided to try this out, let me know how your experience is with these products after you guys have tried it out,

The Don

Hey Don,

My blasted ADSL got stuck so I hit refresh and voila double whammy....wooops :D

As for the Headlight restorer the 12bucks one is from 3M but ince it is flammable US regulation won't allow it to be shipped air. So they said they have another product called Maguiars which is supposedly better and they can ship it. Am awaiting on a revert from Mephis to proceed....yo Memphis....you there dude...or 10 feet offa Beal :(

Cheers, Porky

Hey Don,

My blasted ADSL got stuck so I hit refresh and voila double whammy....wooops :D

As for the Headlight restorer the 12bucks one is from 3M but ince it is flammable US regulation won't allow it to be shipped air. So they said they have another product called Maguiars which is supposedly better and they can ship it. Am awaiting on a revert from Mephis to proceed....yo Memphis....you there dude...or 10 feet offa Beal :P

Cheers, Porky

Yeah dude.. Put on my blue suede shoes.. And I boarded the plane :(

Got your mail and replied.. if anyone got the local 3M contact details please let me know.

Yeah dude.. Put on my blue suede shoes.. And I boarded the plane :(

Got your mail and replied.. if anyone got the local 3M contact details please let me know.

:D U got it G Money

A'ite ima gonna get u their digits bro, one of my MEs got it so I will e-mail it to u today. Give em a buzz n see if not we can get the Maguiars stuff if ur OK with it.

Cheers, Porky