• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hilux 2007 - Automatic

Kalhara Kathriarachchi

Question

Hello all,

I am thinking of buying a Hilux 2007 Automatic. At present the cost is around LKR 6.5 Mn.

Any idea about the vehicle [maintain cost, transmission, fuel consumption, mentioned cost etc.] and what are the key areas to check [specifically for Hilux] if um buying?

Highly appreciate your views and opinions.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers to this question

On 12/22/2020 at 3:38 PM, Kalhara Kathriarachchi said:

Hello all,

I am thinking of buying a Hilux 2007 Automatic. At present the cost is around LKR 6.5 Mn.

Any idea about the vehicle [maintain cost, transmission, fuel consumption, mentioned cost etc.] and what are the key areas to check [specifically for Hilux] if um buying?

Highly appreciate your views and opinions.

Thank you in advance.

That an atrocious amount for a used hilux but given the times it's fair.

Main issue is injectors, make sure they've been taken care of, regular cleaning and used super diesel etc

Also based on the mileage check if the preventive maintenance has been done, Timing belt, tensioner, ATF oil changes 

Also periodic lubrication of all universal joints. 

If any of the above have not been done you may end up replacing bits so keep a budget if atleast 200k lkr for those 

If it's a UK pickup  check the chassis for rust and the front end for heaps of corrosion. Also check the AC condenser and Radiatior which may also be rotting away, unless changed of course.

Lastly the auto one does like 7 to 10kmpl 1KD and about 10kmpl 2KD. 

The common rail rattle is normal, but they dont smoke much, if they do in white its leaking injector seals, or poor compression  or turbo issues 

If they smoke heavy in black, could be blocked injectors etc 

If it's a 1KD, may have a DPF, pay attention to if it has been clogged, cut off or properly deleted etc.

Check If the 4wd light is blinking on test drives, NOT WHILE ENGAGING AND DISENGAGING;

that indicates a fault the system, could be lubrication to missing parts so beware.

They should pull very well almost like a car so if it's slow thats a red flag.

Go super OCD on the mileage as most vehicles had done over 100k miles when they reached SL except for personal imports and Thailand ones. Obviously were paraded in sales with under clocked mileages. Furthermore locals also go ninja on the odos lately.

As far as I know the engines can manage 500k km if taken care of and can also be worn off by 200k km if abused. Gearbox also depends on maintenance and usage.

They are incredibly reliable vehicles therefore most preventive maintenance is likely to have been overlooked and can be hiding small errors all over. Then again it's not that costly to repair. As long as you have a budget of like 200k to 300k set aside for repairs, you are safe unless it's a worn engine or gearbox.

Expect about 50k in annual maintenance if you run 10k to 15km a year and do a proper service all round.

As it's a pickup dont go anal on the body condition, do not overlook the above.

I had one for a while sharing based on experience dated 10 years from now, so there maybe newer data out there

• Like 1

Hi Tiv,

Thanks alot for your information... I went around and found few vehicles.. few has unbelievably low ODOs.(my worry is not the ODO but the fear whether they have cut corners)

With the unsustainable prices floating around these days, thought I will settle for a Rav4 at the moment.

However, my plan is to buy a hilux after a while(I was looking this one for a close relative), so your information is and will be quite valuable for me.

Thank you again.