• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is it worth buying a 2014/15 Prado for 20 million in 2021?

hustlehard

What I am thinking #1 Well...whether something is worth or not depends on each individual. So only you can decide whether its worth it or not. 

What I am thinking #2 : Do you really NEED a SUV ? Are you actually going off road ? or long distances with a lot of luggage or on poor roads that you need a full sized SUV ?

What I am thinking #3 : For a serious offroader and better balanced on and off-road capability..a Patrol Y31 or even an LC100 would be much nicer. If offroading is the only equirement..there ae Fortuners and Montero Sports as well...

What I am thinking #4: If looking for a "luxury" car..then there are better alternatives in the form of Merc (E/C classes), BMW (5,7 serie), Audi, etc...for anything from half the price all the way up to 20mil and they would be much newer.

What I am thinking #5: For the same price there are BMW X1, X3, Evoques, Lexus RX, NX, etc...etc...which are more nicer in terms of ride and prestige, offer suffiecient offroad capability to handle the odd bad road or two most Prado owners do..albeit has lesser space and number of seats.

4 hours ago, iRage said:

What I am thinking #1 Well...whether something is worth or not depends on each individual. So only you can decide whether its worth it or not. 

What I am thinking #2 : Do you really NEED a SUV ? Are you actually going off road ? or long distances with a lot of luggage or on poor roads that you need a full sized SUV ?

What I am thinking #3 : For a serious offroader and better balanced on and off-road capability..a Patrol Y31 or even an LC100 would be much nicer. If offroading is the only equirement..there ae Fortuners and Montero Sports as well...

What I am thinking #4: If looking for a "luxury" car..then there are better alternatives in the form of Merc (E/C classes), BMW (5,7 serie), Audi, etc...for anything from half the price all the way up to 20mil and they would be much newer.

What I am thinking #5: For the same price there are BMW X1, X3, Evoques, Lexus RX, NX, etc...etc...which are more nicer in terms of ride and prestige, offer suffiecient offroad capability to handle the odd bad road or two most Prado owners do..albeit has lesser space and number of seats.

Actually I'm looking for a 7 seater. In terms of interior comfort, I only found the Prado in that price range to be worth the money

1 hour ago, hustlehard said:

Actually I'm looking for a 7 seater. In terms of interior comfort, I only found the Prado in that price range to be worth the money

Okay...that makes sense. So all the other marquees are out....I suppose the LC100 and Patrol are out as they are too old and you dont need a offroader per say. 

You should go in to this with the full understanding that the 3rd row seats for the Prado (and all similar sized vehicles) are pretty much usable only by kids and if you want adults back there you need to get the LC100 or LC200 like thing (or a Prado/Pajero troop carier versions with side facing bench seats..which you wont get in SL).

Have you looked at the Pajero as well ? Goes for about the same price. Based on a 13+ year old platform just like the Prado...and usually for the same price comes a bit more well equipped and it accelerates like a bat out of hell.

Uhh....the likes of the Fortuner and Montero Sport would be a lot less than the Prado...if you look at the new models of these two cars the refinement is a lot better than the previous generations.

Is a MPV completely out ? Much more practical in terms of seat usage.

21 hours ago, hustlehard said:

What are some alternative SUVS or cars?

I'm looking to buy a SUV for 20 million but imo, the only vehicle that is bankable at the moment is a 2014/15 Prado.
What do you think?

Not worth it, buy something new 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, hustlehard said:

I still can't make up my mind to buy any vehicle. I honestly think all these vehicle doesn't worth the price

and you are right..they are not...it is just that most are intellectually handicapped that they think these are investments...and then the rest are left without any other option.
So...just buy something to have fun and excite you...it can be new or old...it won't be worth it...but atleast it will satisfy your soul :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t worry about resale price for the time being. Anything on wheels is going to cost a fortune in future. If you like the Prado, get it. There’s no sense in prices quoted here anymore😒

Always found bro’s prado to be reliable but driving it was like handling a pregnant cow. The equipment is not worth a damn.