• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota passo 2018 is low mileage why?

It may be normal if you sit in traffic for a long time. For example if you take around 2 hours to do 20km in the city, your engine is running powering the AC and accessories consuming petrol even though you don't get any mileage. Better to take her on a trip on open roads and see or do a expressway run and see whether she does about 16kmpl. My guess is the car would be doing 16 kmpl on the expressway and 6 kmpl in heavy traffic to return an average of 11 kmpl. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gabriel Victor said:

My Toyota Passo 2018 - DBA M700 A gives me only 11km/Liter

Pattern - (20km Highway daily and 20km city Daily) (Colombo to Kadawatha and Kadawatha to Colombo)

Any tune ups or modifications recommended.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

for me, for my passo DBA-KGC30, there was a specific driving and maintenance pattern to get good fuel figures. Keep the idle stop on and always keep more than 3 bars of fuel on tank... I did regular maintenance at company with castrol fully synthetic 5w-30 oil, original filters and general care... ii used to never neutral on traffic and mostly keep on D, even in hills the car had the hill anti roll feature so no need to keep brakes on in hill traffic. Acceleration wise i always had a pretty light foot and had the eco light on all the time.  Outstation not as light on acceleration when overtaking but generally i try to maintain between 60-100 with not a lot of vigorous acceleration unnecessarily. 

My honest figures: Colombo hard traffic 9-11 KMPL

Suburban traffic like boralesgamuwa etc.. 13KMPL

Airport drive from colombo : 14-16 KMPL on normal road in mild traffic, highway is around 16KMPL

Outstation the highest ive hit is 21KMPL and once it said 25.7 KMPL but my journey calculation was more or less 21-22 KMPL.  averagely it always does around 17-19 KMPL for outstation. 

That being said.. if your car's engine etc. are worn out (as in a car with reversed mileage) it might not be as efficient as you would expect it. 

Hope it helps! 

20190608_192414.jpg

20190608_192142.jpg

• Thanks 1

All three above posted members,

I use a Suzuki Avery van imported with 0 Mileage by me. done 20000 Kilometers  3 Cylinder vehicle, mostly in Colombo traffic and do about (5) five trips to Ja Ela for a week. In Colombo traffic I do not get any thing more than 9 to 10 Km/Lit.  Hi way to Ja Ela and Colombo mixed Kilometers I get average of 12 to 13.8 Km/Lit. Allways A/c on.

My way of refueling is every day when ever I use the vehicle, I top up the tank.  Fuel tank will never fall less than 3/4, I  do not drive I have two drivers  who are very experienced, one is 60+ age other chap is about 35+. Only old driver will get  about 1 Km /Lit, more than the other driver.

Never allows the Petrol tank to be less tan 3/4.

What I think is the driving pattern and the traffic, the time you drive morning time specially 7.30 AM TO 9.15 AM, Evening time 4.30 TO 6.30 PM will definitely not get good fuel readings.

If regular services are done, better get a scan done on the engine, to get rid of all droughts.

Sylvester Wijesinghe.

Sylvi.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sylvi said:

All three above posted members,

I use a Suzuki Avery van imported with 0 Mileage by me. done 20000 Kilometers  3 Cylinder vehicle, mostly in Colombo traffic and do about (5) five trips to Ja Ela for a week. In Colombo traffic I do not get any thing more than 9 to 10 Km/Lit.  Hi way to Ja Ela and Colombo mixed Kilometers I get average of 12 to 13.8 Km/Lit. Allways A/c on.

My way of refueling is every day when ever I use the vehicle, I top up the tank.  Fuel tank will never fall less than 3/4, I  do not drive I have two drivers  who are very experienced, one is 60+ age other chap is about 35+. Only old driver will get  about 1 Km /Lit, more than the other driver.

Never allows the Petrol tank to be less tan 3/4.

What I think is the driving pattern and the traffic, the time you drive morning time specially 7.30 AM TO 9.15 AM, Evening time 4.30 TO 6.30 PM will definitely not get good fuel readings.

If regular services are done, better get a scan done on the engine, to get rid of all droughts.

Sylvester Wijesinghe.

Sylvi.

Firstly, Suzuki every is a KEI van which means its a N/A 660 CC engine.  Passo and Vitz are not kei cars, they are wider, bigger than an every and have 1000-1300 CC engines. And therefore the car doesnt need to rev at very high rpm to maintain speeds unlike a suzuki every therefore it will do better on fuel ( At high RPM the car does really bad on fuel) .. this is why even cars with 2L engines do well on fuel on open roads because the engine is barely under stress. (axio did 16 KPL outstation on 1NZ 1.5L engine fyi). Meanwhile an every would be redlining easily at 100KPH. 

Secondly, these cars are much more advanced in their engineering to make them more aerodynamic along with sophisticated fuel saving systems (specifically the eco driving mode, auto engine stop etc.. ) 

Thirdly, it once again depends on driving pattern of the person driving, there is no such thing as an "experienced driver" who would do magical  fuel figures, anyone who knows to drive can learn to master a light foot for better efficiency. 

As a side note i would like to say that its not a good idea to never empty your tank. The fuel quality in sri lanka is bad and there are plenty of contaminants in the fuel that will gunk up on your fuel tank overtime if the old fuel is left there for a while. better empty the tank once in a while and let the car have some fresh fuel. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HaeylM said:

Firstly, Suzuki every is a KEI van which means its a N/A 660 CC engine.  Passo and Vitz are not kei cars, they are wider, bigger than an every and have 1000-1300 CC engines. And therefore the car doesnt need to rev at very high rpm to maintain speeds unlike a suzuki every therefore it will do better on fuel ( At high RPM the car does really bad on fuel) .. this is why even cars with 2L engines do well on fuel on open roads because the engine is barely under stress. (axio did 16 KPL outstation on 1NZ 1.5L engine fyi). Meanwhile an every would be redlining easily at 100KPH. 

Secondly, these cars are much more advanced in their engineering to make them more aerodynamic along with sophisticated fuel saving systems (specifically the eco driving mode, auto engine stop etc.. ) 

Thirdly, it once again depends on driving pattern of the person driving, there is no such thing as an "experienced driver" who would do magical  fuel figures, anyone who knows to drive can learn to master a light foot for better efficiency. 

As a side note i would like to say that its not a good idea to never empty your tank. The fuel quality in sri lanka is bad and there are plenty of contaminants in the fuel that will gunk up on your fuel tank overtime if the old fuel is left there for a while. better empty the tank once in a while and let the car have some fresh fuel. 

Member HaeylM, who posted above for my vehicle performance I thank him giving all facts of the two vehicles comparison. I wrote above purely to give some information of my vehicle never compared the engine capacity of Every and the said vehicle. If I were to compare will write to a Avery forum page.

Members, my explanation about my post is not to compare two cars, It is only to mention about Avery fuel consumption. Of two drivers and driving patterns, and times what I get for a  Liter of petrol. My post is only to explain my vehicle performance hope above is clear to any member who reads my post.

Above is my observations about fuel consumption not the quality of fuel. I regularly at 10000 Kilometers change fuel filter, never had any unwanted particles when I observed used filters. Unfortunately I had discarded same if not I can give Pics of same.

Opinions can differ to any reply. I appreciate the reply post of mine, by member HaeylM  with his explanation.

Thank you member HaeylM for same.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

• 2 years later...