• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Italian Car Club @ Katu

GTAm

dayyyuuummm what were they thinking starting a maserati agency in SL?

200 potential buyers???

Well the website is not very convincing for a start. I mean an exclusive brand like that mixed up with Renault trucks and Micros!!!

And they seem absurdly inactive in their marketing. Sure you can't sell 200 with the current state and mood of our economy but you could sell at least 02 a year. If there are folk to buy Merc S500 and Range Rovers etc. There surely are a couple of guys to buy a Quattroporte, which is like the coolestlimo not to mention the sexiest saloon on the planet IMO.

Further more there's going to be an entry level sports car apart from the Coupe and Spyder in the future and even talk of a BM 5 series sized car.

Anyway what's with the Micros? I thought it was a great effort initially but very low pro and not many rolling on our roads as I thought.

yeah i'm quite disapointed with the micro's turn around..there are more chery qq's on the road than micro...

alos the micro trend is a chinese design..

i was under the impression that micro was doing quite well.. last i heard you had to wait like 3-4 months on the list to get your car to roll off the production line..

i was under the impression that micro was doing quite well.. last i heard you had to wait like 3-4 months on the list to get your car to roll off the production line..

That's quite absurd when Marutis and Suzukis are flying off the shelf in tens and hundreds.

Perhaps Micro is under financed and need a boost of capital and some foreign know how.

I went to the show room at Borella and I felt the build quality is not upto a decent level yet. And that interior........the fake fake wood...............boy who did that?

The Trend was designed and engineered by Pininfarina and the design has been sold to Chinese and Malaysian manufacturers. Far from their usual Ferraris though ;) !

the KHAMSIN!!! she's absolutely gorgeous isn't she? it's been 4 years since i saw her last and she hasn't changed... and that's a good thing...

pics taken with a mobile phone GTAm?

No mate. Digi Camera, not mine though. We are still pooling all the pics together will release a cd to the club members.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I someone referred to your Italian car club..those were really nice pictures. Who's the owner of the alfa Romeo Bertone?

Are there any meetings planned for januari/februari. I don't want to miss it ! :)

Hi, I someone referred to your Italian car club..those were really nice pictures. Who's the owner of the alfa Romeo Bertone?

Are there any meetings planned for januari/februari. I don't want to miss it ! :)

Next we have a rally on the 17th of December. The 1750 GTV belongs to one Mr. Alles, who owns many classic cars.

They are dead. No Agent now. There's a new company called Euro Motors - show room on Park Road Col 5. who have got the Fiat Agency.

But no one has Alfa yet.

Euro motors are due to bring Alfa Romeo's down come January 2007 :D ...the line up will star the stunnig new 159 apparently!..its safe to speculate that prices r expected to be in the 10mil range for it <_<

BTW, macho, what happened to this CD thing? Seems to have been long enough to put it together :D

The DVD is available with Romesh 0777386373.

Hay GTAm, thanks for the update. Could you pls send us more info of this rally so that we could come and cover the event behalf of Autolanka viewers. Pls e-mail it to [email protected]

Thanks,

Sure mate. We are waiting for a few more details to be sorted. Should be all confirmed by end of this week. Will keep you posted. Hoping to start from the Galadari Car Park and end up at Browns Bech Hotel Negombo, but there's an interesting route that has been plotted. Will keep you posted.

I'm game for anything planned for februari/march :)

Yes we are planning another track day for early next year!

Count me in !

I will help to build some computernetworks in the Galle/Matara area then, being with my favorite brand on your trackday would make my stay very special :ninja:

I will keep you informed. We are thinking of our next track day in Feb or March. It will be great to have a few Dutch Alfas!! You can contact me on [email protected]