• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Italian Car Club @ Katu

GTAm

Hi Guys,

The Italian Car club had there first event at Katu last Sunday 17th. Along with the many gorgeous Alfas and Fiats Aravinda's Ferrari stole the show. First time a Ferrari on a Sri Lankan Track??

There was also the ultra rare Maserati Khamsin 70's Supercar on the track. Breathtaking!

Should be shown on Derana TV on Thursday @ 8.15pm. That's tomorrow (or today depending on when you read this!)

Ya, Pls try to post som pics..

bdw, was this just a rally or did they actually race..?? i mean did they perform timed laps or somthin..??

they showed some action in "derena" yesterday! maaan there were millions of alfa romio's :blink: ... bdw da modena looked luverly :D

they showed some action in "derena" yesterday! maaan there were millions of alfa romio's :blink: ... bdw da modena looked luverly :D

Aiyooo.. missed that no.. had a lot of work at office and got late.. Jus hope they`ll repeat the show..

i saw it on derana too...some of those cars ihave never seen on the road..specially a black coupe..looked very sleek

The Black Coupe was the Maserati Khamsin. Awesome presence in the Metal. Designed by Marcello Gandini - the guy who did the Countach and Diablo. Only 430 cars were made. 3.9L V8, 4 twin coke Weber side drafts sitting in the middle of the V. The interior is 70's cool. When it took to the track it felt as if Darth Vader was there :lol: ! It did not complete a lap coz the carb were not balanced and was leaking hydraulic oil!!

22 Alfas, 11 Fiats one Ferrari and and the Maser.

It was a timed event around about 3/4 th of the track coz everyone was a novice. As you might expect Aravinda was quickest even though he was crusing.

The only Alfa 147 was fastest of the others. That car has only a 1.6 120bhp engine. Was quicker than 2.0 and 1.8 and even a 3.0V6. It looked as if it was handling great.

My 156 1.6 did not fair badly as well. I was in four wheeled drifts around the goose neck which was extended with 3 more corners.....fun! 9th fastest and quicker than some 1.8 and 2.0 155 and 156s B) . All cars were stock according to the owners.

1. Ferrari 360M

2. Alfa 147 1.6 TS

3. Alfa 164 3.0 V6

4. Alfa 156 1.8 TS

5. Alfa 156 2.0 TS

6. Alfa 146 1.7 16v

7. Alfa 164 2.0 TS

8. Alfa 155 2.0 TS

9. ME B) Alfa 156 1.6

10. 1965 Alfa Giulia 1750 GTV!!!!

11. 156 2.0

12. 155 2.0

13. 155 2.0

14. 1.2 Fiat Punto

15. 2.0 156 JTS

16. 156 1.8

17. 156 1.8

18. 2.0 Alfa Spyder

19. Fiat X-19 1500

20. Fiat 850 Spyder

..................And then a whole heap of Fiat 1100, another Punto and the Fiat Bravo which was driven by the only babe competing.

The Alfa 1.6TS engine produces 120 bhp, the 1.8 140bhp and the 2.0 - 150 or 155bhp depending on the model. The 156s are quite heavy.....

The Giulia 1750 GTV makes 122 bhp but is very light. But it wasn't in perfect tune. The 3.0 V6 makes 210 Bhp in the 164.

The Punto makes a mere 75 Bhp so great drive by that guy!! The Fiat 850 Spider is featured in this months' Motor Mag. That little engine revs upto 8000rpm :D !!

All in all it was a fun day ;) .

How do I post pics???

Hi GTAm, posting pics to the forum is easy ...

(1) Upload the image using 'ImageShack Upload'

(2) Paste the image linking code to your message and Submit

[Click here for more details...]

If you have lot of pics then pls e-mail it to [email protected] so that we could put them in our picture gallery.

Thanks!

would love to see some pics

would love to see some pics

Hi Dudes,

The Khamsin is Still owned by Maharajas and I'm told it's the big bosses' all time favourite (I find that very understandable :D ). Just managed to sit in it. So cool. 70s styling was thinking there should be some "Blondie" playing on the cassette player!! But then again, in the 70's with THIS car I could have picked up Debbie Harry herself :jumping-smiley-013: ! I dream of hearing that engine in peak tune.

This car was developed when Maserati was briefly owned by Citroen. So all the Citroen hydraulics are there. The power steering, suspension, brakes etc works on this system. Believe it or not even the seat adjustment works thru' hydraulics! It's quite rare since it's launch coincided with the 1970s fuel crisis. Only 430 were ever built.

Anyone knows anyone in SL who can balance 4 twin choke side draft Webers on the V8? I can't find someone to balance the two on my Alfa Giulia!

Will post the pics after Wednesday the 27th after the CD and DVD are released to the club members.

The black Maser Spyder owner was also contacted but he was unable to attend. Maybe for the next event!!

hi dude...

i think you should contact the Dealers for Maserati in colombo....

its Trans mec...

they will sort it out ..

and even for your alfa ...

they will know what and how to do cause they are the one's

who started out Alfa Many years back...befor some stupid new management

ran it to the Ground....

so think you should talk to them...

if you need i could give the contact's for you...

TC

hi dude...

i think you should contact the Dealers for Maserati in colombo....

its Trans mec...

they will sort it out ..

and even for your alfa ...

they will know what and how to do cause they are the one's

who started out Alfa Many years back...befor some stupid new management

ran it to the Ground....

so think you should talk to them...

if you need i could give the contact's for you...

TC

They did import the two Spyders but I doubt that they are the agents. Anyway these are old carb cars and needs a guy who has a 'feel' for such things.

Anyway will have a chat with Trans Mec

Hi Dudes,

The Khamsin is Still owned by Maharajas and I'm told it's the big bosses' all time favourite (I find that very understandable :D ).

aha! i knew it... rajamahendran has such a huge collection of cars that he's run out of space in his garage... i used to work for him but never caught him for a casual chat to inquire about his cars...

They did import the two Spyders but I doubt that they are the agents. Anyway these are old carb cars and needs a guy who has a 'feel' for such things.

Anyway will have a chat with Trans Mec

HAY DUDE...

Ya they are the agents for Sri Lanka...

the only thing is people cant afford the car so not much of cars on th road....

but there are http://www.trans-mec.com/index.asp

this is the Web site you can check it out...

Take care....

HAY DUDE...

Ya they are the agents for Sri Lanka...

the only thing is people cant afford the car so not much of cars on th road....

but there are http://www.trans-mec.com/index.asp

this is the Web site you can check it out...

Take care....

Sh*t thats news! But these guys need to stick to their core business (which is anyway going no where) :D

Is it just me or does that web site not work properly?