• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dear All,

I'm having Suzuki SX4 2011 Japanese Model Sportsback (Not Sedan) Car.

There is an issue in this car with the Immobilizer.

When the key is turn to the ON position, the Immobilizer Bulb doesn't light up immediately. Accordingly, when the key is further turned for starting, the engine doesn't start. But after keeping the key in ON position for about 5 minutes, then light comes up. Then the engine can be started. 

If I start the engine and stop, and if I again turn the key to ON position, then the bulb comes up, and can be started. If the car is stopped for some time, then same issue comes up. (Waiting time for illuminating the immobilizer bulb is varied.)

I replaced the battery of the key, but the issue is still there.

Can someone help me in this regard?

Thanks.

Does every other option in the key work ? Like remote door locks have no issue ? 

It could be that the imobilizer transeivers itself are not working properly. 

Did you make any changes to any of the electronics in the car recently ? Install anything ? Remove anything ? 

Dear iRage,

Yes, Lock & Unlock functions of the Key are working properly.

Recently, the Fuel Pump and the Fuel Pump Relay were replaced. I'm not sure whether this issue came before or after that replacement.

Thanks.

Time changes lot. I measured the time with a stopwatch. Once it gave 1 min and 6 secs, and some times more than that and less than that. There is no rounded time like 1 min, 40 sec, 30 sec, etc.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Soh said:

Time changes lot. I measured the time with a stopwatch. Once it gave 1 min and 6 secs, and some times more than that and less than that. There is no rounded time like 1 min, 40 sec, 30 sec, etc.

Thanks.

may be worth check the ignition key barrel ???

regards

JC

It could be the barrel, it could be the transeiver in the key or the car. Unless you are mechanically and/or electronically inclined I believe it will be a bit of a difficult task for you.  At the very most you can check if all the connections from the barrel are good.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:10 PM, Soh said:

Thanks for the instruction.

But, how? What do I looking for? Can I do it by myself? Or should I have to go to a mechanic?

I don't think the visible inspection is possible to check the key barrel, may be once the key in the on position, try move the key up and down and try pull out and put back in (Make sure to NOT to use lot of force) See if you see any different in the time with the immobilizer light.

If the time changes when you try multiple times then most likely the key barrel. Your decision to consult the dealers would be the correct decision.  

regards,

JC

• 1 year later...