• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ferrari Pics

Hola

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
was wondering the same thing! :blink:

hmmm maybe in just a mule - the internals and machanical bits could well be new.. :unsure:

it is a mule. any ideas what 142 stands for?

Didn't you guys note the funky new air inlets on the trunk? And what a thread to revive...

they'll probably be more integrated in the production car for sure.

all in all i hope this will be a pretty one cos ferraris have been a bit too dull lately

it is a mule. any ideas what 142 stands for?

dunno...but i sure hope it doesn't stand for horsepower like the rest :lol: ...but i think ferrari needed a name change to it's mid range machines,because if they kept increasing HP..the'll be bordering on the enzo territory,so they'll have to make their next hypercar to have atleast 800bhp to stand out from their mid range cars.

all in all i hope this will be a pretty one cos ferraris have been a bit too dull lately

yep..it's like jezza says...people think it's beautiful because it's a ferrari,but actually it isn't...

dunno...but i sure hope it doesn't stand for horsepower like the rest :lol: ...but i think ferrari needed a name change to it's mid range machines,because if they kept increasing HP..the'll be bordering on the enzo territory,so they'll have to make their next hypercar to have atleast 800bhp to stand out from their mid range cars.

yep..it's like jezza says...people think it's beautiful because it's a ferrari,but actually it isn't...

142 is just the internal code. The 430 is the best looking in the range, I like it. The 612 is a horror though!

Ferrari will unveil its F430 replacement at Frankfurt in October, giving its biggest-selling model a life of just five years.

Code-named Ferrari F142 and expected to be christened Ferrari F450 in production, the new V8-powered car will be largely new, with few carryover components in the chassis or bodywork.

While it was only released in 2004, the Ferrari F430’s chassis was heavily based on the 360 Modena whose parts dated back to 1999.

Production of F430s has slowed recently, ahead of the F450’s start-of-production in July. Insiders who have seen the F450 insist it is one of the most beautiful Ferraris in years.

While details on the car are scant, it will run an enlarged version of the F430’s V8, equipped with direct injection giving an output of more than 500bhp from its 4.5-litre capacity, hence the F450 moniker.

The transmission will be a variant of the seven-speed dual-clutch system shared with the new California.

Linked to Ferrari’s steering-wheel mounted ‘manettino’ control, the dual-clutch transmission promises drivers a choice between quick sporty changes and relaxed automatic operation.

Ferrari has been working hard on weight reduction with its suppliers and the F450 is expected to take Alcoa’s advances in aluminium chassis technology to new heights.

Sources also suggest the F450 is already as fast around the Fiorano test track as the compromise-free F430 Scuderia.

But it will also ride more firmly than the Ferrari California, leaving buyers in no doubt about the focus of either car.

European Ferrari F450 sales are expected to begin late this year or early in 2010.

Source Autocar.

is that "Jap" car the hadi work of some Tuner?? :huh:

:D No no. This was done by Fioravanti for a Japanese client. Leonardo Fioravanti was one of the most famous designers at Pininfarina. He is credited with designing some of the all time greatest Ferrari's of our time. Dino 206, 308, 512BB, and 288GTO! Naturally we can assume that this Jap client is frustrated with the current Ferrari design (like we are). However I think this one isn't one that can be put under the "greatest" banner!?

http://www.fioravanti.it/

and is there any significance in the number "3" decal on the 599xx ? :huh:

No sure why they chose #3 but the XX programme is for their Clenti Corse opportunity. The super rich Ferrari guys buy these and get to race them. The car comes with their own team and crew. The data from this programme goes into development of the next Ferraris. The 599XX is the replacement for the FXX.

Brilliant neh?? I mean this race programme for customers!

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/234449/f...x_in_depth.html