• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Member Ride

lokuputhaa

plasticHart-1.jpg

MoD LisT:

ENGINE:

-1993 Honda Ascot 2.0Si DOHC F20A

-1993 Honda Ascot 2.0Si 5-Speed transmission

-150 hp @ 6100 RPM

-137 ft-lbs @ 5000 RPM

-Compression 9.5:1

-Bore: 85mm

-Stroke: 88mm

-Honda Gasket set

-Cruise Control Deleted

-A/C deleted

-DC sports 4-2-1 header

-Magnaflow Catalytic converter

-RS*R Exmag Stainless Steel Satin Black Cat-back Exhaust

-Prelude Starter motor

-Prelude Alternator

EXTERIOR:

-Redone Accord Brown color

-1995 Acura Legend Front Lower Lip

-1993 CB9 front bumper

-1992 CB Japanese 1-pc headligts

-1993 CB9 amber turn signals

-1993 CB9 fog lights

-1993 CB9 parking antanae(not installed yet) my prized posession :bouncy:

-2.0Si badge

-Satin black accents & badges

-new windshield

-new Original Honda Hood

-Junk Yard quarter panels

-Ebay M3 Style Low-Profile Spoiler (being shipped)

INTERIOR:

-Original Honda Accord Light Beige Mouse-fur seats

-Brown Dash & Highlights (EX model)

-New Shift Boot!

SUSPENSION/WHEELS:

-Ol'school Racing Hart D/Spec Superlative Racing Dish 16x7.5 with 35mm :bouncy: offset

-Bridgestone Potenza G009's 205/50-16 gummies

-Replacement Honda Ball joints and control arms

-Tein H-Tech Springs

-Tokico Blue, HP shocks

-Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines (a really good modification for any CB) :bouncy:

-Honda Rotors

-Honda Pads

-Honda Rear Drum Assembly

AUDIO/ELECTRONICS:

-Clarion Mp3 deck (will get model number)

-Clarion Pro Audio 6 1/2" components up front

-Planet Audio 6 1/2" components in back

FUTURE PLANS:

-STracing Sway bars

-custom intake system with a dry cone

-Honda replacement antanae

-complete engine rebuild

-fenders flare out by 1"

-wire bumper antanae and fog lights

-Honda mud guards

-Acura Vigor Brake swap

-rear fog lights or light

-1 x 10" JL audio sub

-Clarion 320watt 2/1 channel amp.

NOW:

accord2.jpg

accord1.jpg

engine.jpg

a391f5a0.jpg

5028cdb3.jpg5028cdb3.jpg5028cdb3.jpg

you restored it ? cool... weldone man... good job.. keep up the good work bro...

Thanks Dragster...

Yeah I guess it was a restoration. Basically when ever something broke, and alot of things broke, I just replaced them with either a Honda or a better performing piece....

a lot of money and work...I ended up with this...

the cb's not complete yet tho...stay tuned

Hey, nice job.. B) I ws wondering how u guys get car restorations done over there.. i mean did u do it on ur own or get som company or som other guy do it for u..? If someone else did it for u it must be quite expensive isnt it..? Labour charges must be really high right..?

PS:

oops.. i saw ur last post afta i wrote this.. guess it ansewers my question.. u did da paint job also urself..?

Edited by MrCat

Hey, nice job.. B) I ws wondering how u guys get car restorations done over there.. i mean did u do it on ur own or get som company or som other guy do it for u..? If someone else did it for u it must be quite expensive isnt it..? Labour charges must be really high right..?

Thanks alot MrCAT B)

Yes labour here is very expen$ive.

I dealt with a lot of ppl from www.cb7tuner.com...a really good 4th generation accord website.

This Accord took about 4 years to put together. I didn't have all the money I needed at once, so it took some patience.

All the research needed for a car like this is extensive. Specially when parts are rare and afar. I worked primarily with one garage and dealt with fellow Sri Lankan family friends to keep the costs low.

Peace

Edited by lokuputhaa

Thanks alot MrCAT B)

Yes labour here is very expen$ive.

I dealt with a lot of ppl from www.cb7tuner.com...a really good 4th generation accord website.

This Accord took about 4 years to put together. I didn't have all the money I needed at once, so it took some patience.

All the research needed for a car like this is extensive. Specially when parts are rare and afar. I worked primarily with one garage and dealt with fellow Sri Lankan family friends to keep the costs low.

Peace

Fantastic man..!!! 4 years workin on that car, i can jus imagine da effort.. Money is also a factor but the outcome of the effort is what makes a man happy at da end of the day isn`t it..??

Well, i always thought goin to da guarage and getting done small repairs on my car was hectic and troublesome.. Guess i sud not... B)

Hey elderson nice work! Hey can you tell us more on the wheels you have used?

hahaha B)

Thanks for the comments everyone...

Yeah those wheels...my pride and joy...except for my engine.

They are Racing Hart D/Spec Superlative Racing Dishes 16"x 7" with +32mm offset 4x114.3mm. From what I know they are from the late 1980's or early 1990's.

I got them from a sort of collector in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I was always looking for a wheel to fit the older CB7 accord body style. The new styles of wheels all looked the same to me.

peace.

here's some more

DSC00802_rotationsmall.jpg

honda6.jpg

Amazing work, man! Very classy job! Plus I love the "Lokuputha" on the front license plate holder B) May I dare ask how much the car has cost you so far? Completely understand if you don't want to share that information on here!

Cheers,

S

haha...thanx ucscsades. Yeah my goal was to keep the original look and improve on it.

For obvious reasons, I am not going to advertise how much I have spent on this car so far.

Edited by lokuputhaa

nice... guess pimp my ride really did have an effect on you :-).. love the rims man.. very uncommon n funky looking... woud like to know how much the rims cost if thats k.. oh wel... good work man!!!!

Zz

Wassup neXGen

Regarding the rims, I guess got them for much cheaper than they are worth...

I have had some very high offers from some JDM parts enthusaists.

maybe i'll sell them when I find some better wheels.

ha pimp my ride is a funny show! Im more of a fan of Overhaulin because their modifications seem more useful and their cars seem to have a better finish.

Overhaulin sweet!

overhaulin8kr.jpg

Pimp My Ride...no comment

Car.jpg

Edited by lokuputhaa

Wassup neXGen

Regarding the rims, I guess got them for much cheaper than they are worth...

I have had some very high offers from some JDM parts enthusaists.

maybe i'll sell them when I find some better wheels.

ha pimp my ride is a funny show! Im more of a fan of Overhaulin because their modifications seem more useful and their cars seem to have a better finish.

Pimp my Ride sometimes over do it, recently they fixed a fish tank with live fish into a Mitsubishi Mirage, and a table tenis (covertable) to a truck

Nice going man.. one question- since you've anyway done an engine swap sourced from Japan- why didnt you go in for a F20B/F22B or even a H22A??

Simply put price! A comparable F20B DOHC VTEC or a H22A will set me back around $3500-4000.

I only wanted a new engine b/c my old one was only running on three cylinders and it was fried.

This F20A DOHC including matching 5sp transmission cost me well under $1000...thats not bad for 150hp and 139ft-lbs. The shorter stroke makes this engine much more smooth than my old motor. And the short gear ratios makes this engine/tranny really fun to play around with.

With the modifications I have made to it, i figure I am running around 160 hp and 150ft-lbs????not sure tho.

My plan next summer is to rebuild the engine. Just to make it more durable. Lighter internals, balanced rotating assembly, and new ECU (8000rpm redline) should get me around 190hp without VTEC.

we'll c

Edited by lokuputhaa

I will be dynoing it this weekend so i'll put up some charts then...lets see how bad my hp and torque ratings are. haha<_<

Probably take some pics of the bottom of the car too...when I get it rust proofed this weekend

peace

here's somemore

reflection off my CB's roof

roof.jpg

a relatively clear pic of the one-piece

onepiece.jpg

Can't really see the inside...this Windex stuff really works!!!

inside.jpg

I took these pics at my school...so here's a pic of it....Lakehead University

LakeheadUniversity.jpg

Then I was hungry so I made a pancake...yes, it tasted as good as it looks. :tu:

pancake.jpg

enjoy

Simply put price! A comparable F20B DOHC VTEC or a H22A will set me back around $3500-4000.

I only wanted a new engine b/c my old one was only running on three cylinders and it was fried.

This F20A DOHC including matching 5sp transmission cost me well under $1000...thats not bad for 150hp and 139ft-lbs. The shorter stroke makes this engine much more smooth than my old motor. And the short gear ratios makes this engine/tranny really fun to play around with.

With the modifications I have made to it, i figure I am running around 160 hp and 150ft-lbs????not sure tho.

My plan next summer is to rebuild the engine. Just to make it more durable. Lighter internals, balanced rotating assembly, and new ECU (8000rpm redline) should get me around 190hp without VTEC.

we'll c

Machan without boost or even vtec 190 is far cry.. go vtec yawww with at least a 'mini me' kindda thing- It will be a lot cheaper.

Nice pics you posted this morning.

Machan without boost or even vtec 190 is far cry.. go vtec yawww with at least a 'mini me' kindda thing- It will be a lot cheaper.

Nice pics you posted this morning.

Good point Pilawoos, it will take much more effort and probably some crazy valvetrain work...

tru...will consider the VTEC side...or even the iVTEC side.... :violent-smiley-030:

as for now everything is layed on the table....i still have more research to do into the next steps.

Peace

just thought i'd put up my desktop wallpaper

wallpaper.jpg

here's a grocery run

accord3.jpg

my dash with a crazy sticky false suade steering wheel cover

steering.jpg

accordparking.jpg

the lazy button...i mean the EASY button

easy.jpg

my new 2.0Si badge...just need to find a good place on my car....any ideas?

badgesmall.jpg

good o'l DC Sports Prelude H23 4-1 deader....this modification is very useful to take full advantage of a high flow catalytic converter and a cat-back exhaust system.

dcsportsh23a1header.jpg

and finally....here's a spider i found in my new front bumper from Japan....JDM Spider @_@

JDMSPIDERsmall.jpg

good job with the body work. I worked on my old 88 Accord hatchback and even painted the whole car (-roof) with spray cans. Most ppl didn't blv I fixed dents and paint for about 100$-150$. I am now doing some bondo/glass work on my vigor so I can have it sold. There's nothing like the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

good job with the body work. I worked on my old 88 Accord hatchback and even painted the whole car (-roof) with spray cans. Most ppl didn't blv I fixed dents and paint for about 100$-150$. I am now doing some bondo/glass work on my vigor so I can have it sold. There's nothing like the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Sweet 88 Accord hatchback! I love those...they look like Trueno's!acc_g3_4_th.jpg

Thank man....for sure...doing most of the work yourself is very gratifying...

but I got my paint done by a fellow uncle who works at a Honda Dealership Bodyshop...no matter how much I may try to do body work, he will always be better at it than I.

However, other stuff like my stereo system, rust protection and even body panel alighments I have done myself. And for sure I have to do the research that goes into sourcing parts... mechanics aren't really up to date on what parts are available for an early 90's Honda Accord.

Edited by lokuputhaa

U guys are doing a great job......first a 91 Accord and then a 88 hatchback! U guys have been treating us to some great pics. Wud love a few more of the 88 hatchback though. dhp wud you oblige please.......mak sure to give us interior shots as well......thanks and keep up the excellent work guys. Wish I could do half as much as you then it wud be real fun.