• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why No General Section Aka Lounge?

Mean Green z28

It used to be there in the older forums where you can talk about anything non-automotive related but every section in the new forums is automotive and most people are just picking any forum (usually the others section in the specific makes) to post unrelated stuff ... am I the only one who misses a Lounge?

It used to be there in the older forums where you can talk about anything non-automotive related but every section in the new forums is automotive and most people are just picking any forum (usually the others section in the specific makes) to post unrelated stuff ... am I the only one who misses a Lounge?

count me in... I just posted a new topic on the PC thread...

ur rite there is no 'general' section...hence post whoring in the 'others' section

Yep it's bit messed up, lot of unrelated topics everywhere....we need to do some changes in the forum structure…Duncan and myself did the current structure in a bit of a rush…so there might be some mistakes here and there. Anyway guys shall we do a small brainstorming session and come up with some new forum structure which is convenient for all of us..? hay Mean Green, many tx for bringing this up.!!

*** feel free to edit the current forum structure stated below or come up with something new…

##AUTOLANKA

-General Automotive

-News & Updates

-Feedback & Suggestions

##ASK AN EXPERT

-Mechanical problems

-Electrical problems

-General

##SPECIFIC MAKES

-HONDA

-SUBARU

-MITSUBISHI

-NISSAN

-TOYOTA

-MAZDA

-BMW

-MERCEDES BENZ

-MINI (CLASSIC & NEW)

-OTHERS

##RACING EVENTS

-Local Events

-International Events

##OUTDOOR 4X4

-General

-Events

-Trips

##CLASSIC CARS

-General

##LEGAL

-Ask for Advice

-Share Advice

-General

##OTHER

-PC and other Console Games

here is my suggestion

##AUTOLANKA

-News & Updates

-Feedback & Suggestions

##ASK AN EXPERT

-General (combine all issues into 1)

##Automotive

-General Automotive

-HONDA

-SUBARU

-MITSUBISHI

-NISSAN

-TOYOTA

-MAZDA

-BMW

-MERCEDES BENZ

-MINI (CLASSIC & NEW)

-OTHER Manufacturers

##RACING EVENTS

-Local Events

-International Events

##OUTDOOR 4X4

-General

-Events

##CLASSIC CARS

-General

##LEGAL

-General

Off-topic

General

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know how well this would work but going through the post in the already available sections, many of them within a section can be converted to one. And the last section on my list is for hangouts, meets, etc. 'cos nobody wants to go through 5 different sections to get a post that he/she knows belongs in a certain section.

##AUTOLANKA

-News & Updates,

-Feedback & Suggestions

##ASK AN EXPERT

##SPECIFIC MAKES <--- Maybe you could even just boil this section down to Asian/European/Amercan ... maybe?

-HONDA

-SUBARU

-MITSUBISHI

-NISSAN

-TOYOTA

-MAZDA

-BMW

-MERCEDES BENZ

-MINI (CLASSIC & NEW)

-OTHERS

##RACING EVENTS

-Local Events

-International Events

##OUTDOOR 4X4

-General

##CLASSIC CARS

-General

##LEGAL

-Automotive Specific

-General

##GENERAL FORUMS

-Lounge

-Events, hangout location/dates/times

-Members Gallery

-Practice <--- if you want to check out new signatures/etc ... or even talk to yourself ... lol