• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Ultimate Drive - The Ultimate Experience

Overdrive

Guys guess what? I have been invited for an ultimate driving experience by prodrive, uk. Only catch, gotta pay £250! This is the letter they sent me, what do you think?

THE ULTIMATE DRIVE - THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE

Dear Subaru Enthusiast,

The Subaru World Rally Team and Subaru UK would like to invite you to a special Subaru driving experience at the team’s 240-acre private test facility in Warwickshire, Great Britain where you will be driving Subaru’s 2007 range of vehicles.

Through a structured program of driving experiences, you will be one of the first to drive the 2007 Subaru range to the limit. At the same time, our qualified professional driving instructors will teach you a range of advanced driving skills.

There will be a presentation during lunch from Subaru World Rally Team members, giving you the latest behind the scenes view of the team.

There will also be a Subaru World Rally Car on display, and every participant will receive a commemorative photograph sitting in the car signed by team drivers Petter Solberg and Chris Atkinson.

On display will be the latest range of performance products for your Subaru, as well as Subaru World Rally Team merchandise.

Finally, everyone that participates has the chance to win V*P hospitality with Subaru World Rally Team at Wales Rally GB for two people, plus official team clothing.

At a cost of £250 per person per day, places will go fast. Currently, days are available in November. For exact dates and to book your place call +44 (0)1676 536 191 or e-mail [email protected]

So come and join the team!

IMAGINE...

1.5 MILES OF HIGH SPEED EXHILARATION

Learn the art of high speed car control through chicanes, high speed bends and tight, technical corners. Develop the skills of throttle control, smooth cornering, road positioning and balance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAME THE SKID PAN

One of only two calibrated split grip surfaces in the UK, testing braking, traction and stability.

Feel the Subaru All Wheel Drive system tested to the limit… it’s like skating on ice!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...YOUR VERY OWN RALLY STAGE!

A maze of very narrow, tight and twisty tarmac with adverse cambers to test the car’s dynamic capabilities to the extreme. The perfect environment for scuttling through hairpins, your instructor will have you doing things in 2nd gear you never thought possible!

EXTREME OFF ROAD

Designed to test the capabilities of a 4x4 to the full. Test your nerve through deep water-filled gullies and hold on as you take on the extreme ascents and plummet down steep descents. There’s plenty of thick mud and adverse cambered tracks to catch you out - it’s unlike anything else!

THE CARS YOU WILL DRIVE

Impreza STI (2457 cc, 280 PS @ 6000 rpm, 0-62mph: 5.4 sec)

Impreza WRX (5 door) (3000 cc, 230 PS @ 5600 rpm, 0-62mph: 6.1 sec)

Forester 2.5 XT (manual) (2457 cc, 230 PS @ 5600 rpm, 0-62mph: 6.0 sec)

Forester 2.0 X (manual) (1994 cc, 158 PS @ 6400 rpm, 0-62mph: 9.7 sec)

Legacy spec.B Saloon (manual) (3000 cc, 245 PS @ 6600 rpm, 0-62mph: 6.9 sec)

Legacy spec.B Sports Tourer (manual) (3000 cc, 245 PS @ 6600 rpm, 0-62mph: 7.0 sec)

Legacy 2.0R Saloon (manual) (1994 cc, 165 PS @ 6800 rpm, 0-62mph: 9.5 sec)

SUBARU - GREAT GRIP. PERFECT POISE

Full-time symmetrical All Wheel Drive is a standard feature on all Subaru cars and not just an added extra on the top of the range. The key benefit is much greater traction providing a genuine improvement to road safety.

The lightweight Boxer engine is flatter because the pistons lie horizontally, so it fits further down in the chassis, providing a stimulating drive, a lower centre of gravity, greater stability and excellent handling.

Then there’s the trademark exhaust note. It can’t be described – it just has to be heard.

To book your space on this exclusive SWRT driving event,

please phone +44 (0)1676 536 191 or e-mail [email protected]

Hurry, places will go fast! This is a day not to be missed.

i've got the whole ghetto dictionary at the tip of my tongue but i'll behave...

OD i hope you're not thinking twice about not going... that's a wicked deal dude considering normal track days cost almost as much and that's with your OWN car!

so envious man :D

i've got the whole ghetto dictionary at the tip of my tongue but i'll behave...

OD i hope you're not thinking twice about not going... that's a wicked deal dude considering normal track days cost almost as much and that's with your OWN car!

so envious man :D

I am actually awaiting a reply! Guess what you boys will be seeing some pictures then! Hope the dates don't clash with the MPH'06 :D

did you see this bit...

"There will be a presentation during lunch from Subaru World Rally Team members, giving you the latest behind the scenes view of the team".

Lunch with the team..hah

Edited by Overdrive

At a cost of £250 per person per day, places will go fast. Currently, days are available in November. For exact dates and to book your place call +44 (0)1676 536 191 or e-mail [email protected]

Hurry, places will go fast! This is a day not to be missed.

it is just me or does 250 pounds sound like a lot of money to spend on a day out? i mean even considering UK living costs and earning capacities?

but sure sounds like an amazingly fun-filled day :action-smiley-060:

Edited by Dilesh

Does the Panala track offer the same thing?

i think you'd have to find a car manufacturer rather than a track thats willing organize it... cos in the end, whats the point in going all the way to pannala just to find out there's no cars to test-drive..

this WAS done once in Sri Lanka.. by UML, when they launched the new lancer in 2001.. they featured it with a day-out in Katukurunda if i remember right, and even offered a test drive/ride (not sure which) in the all new lancer and even Dinesh's new Evo 7... would have given an arm and a leg to be there, but wasnt old enough to drive so i wasnt sure if they'd let me at the wheel without a lisence.. ;).. i still remember that add/poster they ran on TV (TNL) of the evo... ahhhhh..

Maybe UML would like to do it with the evo 9.. bring down a Evo 8/9 down, let us drive one around a track, helps us confirm our faith... :action-smiley-060:

(preferably in december :rolleyes:)

Edited by Dilesh

it is just me or does 250 pounds sound like a lot of money to spend on a day out? i mean even considering UK living costs and earning capacities?

but sure sounds like an amazingly fun-filled day :action-smiley-060:

it's just you dilesh... if i had the means of flying there i would've done so just for that track day...

it's just you dilesh... if i had the means of flying there i would've done so just for that track day...

Ok so the dates fixed. 25th November. I shall be thinking of you guys when i'm going sideways, yeah!! I hope thats some consolation. :action-smiley-060:

Ok so the dates fixed. 25th November. I shall be thinking of you guys when i'm going sideways, yeah!! I hope thats some consolation. :(

haha yes yes it is... just go well prepared as pilawoos says... extra batteries and the works... extendable tripods won't be necessary...

happy thrashing dude :D

• 1 month later...

Ok boys I have just returned from one unbelievable experience. It was a fantastic day. The day started off at the PRODRIVE test track at Warwick, As I pull up in to the drive way I see a STI9 parked in the middle of the round-about...Then it was a briefing on the track, and were broken into 4 groups of 15. Started off with a fast track session in a Legacy B spec, a 3L V6, not the quickest car but handles pretty well, soft on the suspension but was alright, I did 3 laps in that followed by a sti9. Whoa!!

Session 2 was a skid pad session, drifting in the legacy(front wheel), forester 2.5l T, traction control on and then off! Crazy stuff,

Lunch with the Boys of Prodrive, the chief technical guy for the new Prodrive F1 car, David Lapworth, the main man behind the success of the WRC car and Former WRC champion (late)Richard Burns's co driver talking a about the Richard Burns foundation.

Then came the fast tight chicane course in a WRX followed by a STI, That was a lot of fun, as you would expect the car handled well and was easy to drive fast. Next was a 4x4 course in a forester, must say it was boring! no fast gravel action though!!

The main part of the day was the revealing of the Impreza RB320, I was one of the 1st of 150 to see this car before it's even been launched. Yes 320ps, and 320 cars. Nice. This car is dedicated to Richard burns, hence RB in RB320 as in the RB5, The parking lot was covered in all sorts of rexes, There were 2 WR1's as well.

Sorry this post is a bit long winded..any way check out the pictures.

Me in the silver STI...

p1020271ia4.th.jpg

p1020275pl7.th.jpg

The RB320, not yet released in the UK, Retailing at £29,999- limited to 320 cars.

p1020276nn8.th.jpg

p1020279wr9.th.jpg

p1020287wq8.th.jpg

No replica this is the Real deal WRC car

p1020282ao4.th.jpg

p1020293kw7.th.jpg

p1020288hy6.th.jpg

p1020295ne9.th.jpg

Edited by Overdrive

lucky bastard :) nice pics dude... that RB320 looks pretty mean with that mesh and it's got leather seats too...

interesting to note 4 lugs on the WRC car...

Sorry i had posted something really stupid here which i edited, misinterpreted..more the lugs longer to change wheels, right? Maybe something to do with that shak??

Edited by Overdrive