• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Performance Car Money Can Buy

Velocity

Best Performance Car Money Can Buy  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Value for Money + Performance + Better Resale + Styling

• Subaru Sti 9 (Rs 7.5 Mil )
    • Subaru Sti 8 ( Rs 6.5 Mil )
    • Mazda Rx 8 Type S ( Rs 6 Mil ) JAPANESE VERSION
    • Mazda Rx 8 Type S ( Rs 4.5 Mil ) Singapore Version )
    • Nissan 350z LIMITED ( Rs 9 Mil )
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 GSR ( Rs 8.5 Mil )

hey dims,isnt the evo 9 costing more than 9mill?

machan nishans evo 9 costed around 9 mil or a bit more. But thats a GT and GT s in japan are pretty expensive. So i guess a GSR with a lot of depreiciation can be landed at around 8.5.

Truly Evo is best bet for money, but imagine when the new model comes how obselete this model will look and i guess you will have to s**t on all the 9 mil you spent on it i guess. So best to wait for, if you are a sti and evo fan.

But thank god rx 8 and Z are going to stay for while at least until 2009.

Edited by Velocity

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about the altezza..

dude.. an Altezza couldn't come even closer to a Si on a quarter mile.. Si hits 0 - 60 mph in 6.2 seconds and the best a Altezza could do is 7.2 seconds... and this is the RS I'm talking about

voted for the RX-8 jap purely on the basis of selling the car within a year... longer than that and we're talking STi 9 irrespective of resale value...

i told you the VQs sound good...

errr front wheel drive - uncheck...

why fiddle with a car that's already fast when the manufacturer's done it for you? besides the car would probably cost 5-6mill and for that money you can get an RX-8 which has more power AND is RWD...

and what is this 'stuff' you want to add? an aluminium rear wing? okkk you got me... we're talking 50bhp boost here...

oh.. I forgot about the RX8...

R u riffering to the Gold colour one with a silver sticker going on the hood? if its that, i just took it for a ride a few days ago. i dont know who owns it, but at the moment its in a car sale of one of my dads friends. awsam xar, but too expencive.

hey dims,isnt the evo 9 costing more than 9mill?

yup.. there's a yellow RX8 there as well... I guess this is the one that doesnt start...

il be going there next week or so, will let u know, u can join me.

can I join up too ?

Best performance car money can buy?? Chevy Camaro with a 4.5L V8 block. Will no doubt burn your rubbers and has enough muscle to push your eyes into your swockets big time!! :P

Just one that I know of in Sri Lanka..........price around 2.5Mil....NOT FOR SALE.......might be wrong about the price though.... :ninja:

machan nishans evo 9 costed around 9 mil or a bit more. But thats a GT and GT s in japan are pretty expensive. So i guess a GSR with a lot of depreiciation can be landed at around 8.5.

Truly Evo is best bet for money, but imagine when the new model comes how obselete this model will look and i guess you will have to s**t on all the 9 mil you spent on it i guess. So best to wait for, if you are a sti and evo fan.

But thank god rx 8 and Z are going to stay for while at least until 2009.

oh k, i think i got the price of the GT then, cuz i was getting the prices of all the vehicles recently and the evo 9 was some 9+mill cif.

the sti`s and the evo`s get outdated very soon, thats y im not a fan of them. the rx8 is an awsam car, there has been only minor changes for the recent models compared to the first one. the Z is also the same, there are just minor changes and they dont keep changing the models every year.

yup.. there's a yellow RX8 there as well... I guess this is the one that doesnt start...

can I join up too ?

the rx8 now starts, he he, i checked that out as well. its from singapore, and im sure the milage is turned in it, cuz it said some 21000kms. where as when u c the interior of the car u can figure out its used more than that.

no probs, il let u know when im going next week.

black one is 9.7 mil and with 15000km on the clock. it has work wheels. suspension and exhausts and its chipped. its 2002 year car.

i didnt check out how much the gold Z has done, but according to my knowledge its now used by the 3rd owner i think. 1 person owned it unregistered. i just forgot all those when i drove that car, it just flew. :P

Edited by Z.u.L

Best performance car money can buy?? Chevy Camaro with a 4.5L V8 block. Will no doubt burn your rubbers and has enough muscle to push your eyes into your swockets big time!! :P

Just one that I know of in Sri Lanka..........price around 2.5Mil....NOT FOR SALE.......might be wrong about the price though.... :ninja:

you forgot to mention only in a straight line ;)

rx- 8 is the best . :D ..don't shoot me now :o coz according to the price range in s/l that's the best option i think.... :D ..... car prices are waaaaaaaaaaaay too high....don't know what's wrong with stupid p idiots....now we can buy a secondhand 350z for 25,00 cn$ over here.... and the brand new one starting 46,000.....god bless sri lanka ;)

Edited by dillongt

I gezz dey think we are bladdy donkeys or sumthing to be spending 9.7 million on their 350z right? man wat is this country coming to ;):D

also u can buy recon lambo or ferrari for that amount :D

there's a camaro in sri lanka? what year? but yes, i totally agree...i doubt that it would be able to keep up with much on anything but a straight line:)

lol..a few weeks ago i was driving on highway 236 out here (google earth castlerock statepark if you're bored and check it out, its quite a drive) and this very nicely kept late 60s camaro overtook me (spewing unburnt gasoline out the exhaust onto my windshield in the process) on a straight..but the whole 30-40 miles remaining he couldn't get me off his ass cos he had to brake soo much earlier than I could on the bends, and still needed to cross onto the oncoming lane multiple times to not run off the side of the mountain on the corners. anyway..point of story, a powerful engine doesn't mean jack if it's bolted onto a bedframe for a chassis and suspension system. (btw..i drive a 95 sohc non-vtec civic 1.5 coupe)

given the situation in sri lanka, an RX-8 might be a great buy due to its small engine capacity, but in any other situation, wouldn't the subs be the better options? i'd think it would be give better performance per $$ than an RX-8?...pure speculation here.

Edited by ucscsades

if it was US mkt then it would have to be the vette....esp Z06

i was watching this bestmotoring video where they test 06 Subaru Sti S204 with Lambo, Z06 and a porsche.

blody Z06 did 0-105km/h in 1st gear.. damnn :jumping-smiley-013:

man now i can't stop thinking abt it :P

from this list i would go for the STi 8 and spend the 1mill to make it faster than the Sti 9 ;)

Hi All.

Just would like to know your thoughts on whats the Best Performance car you can buy at the moment.

I have given you couple of options. Please put in your Throughts.

My View....... ( Taking the view that I am using the car just for one Year )

Subaru STi 9 is a good pick but the New Model will be coming out end of next year i guess which means resale for this car will be very very low. Too common ???

Couple of Sti 8s in the market. GOOD price but is it too old now ?????

Evolution 9. Again the New Model will come out soon and that something to wait for. Evo 9 performs well but styling wise it sucks.... price too much

Rx 8 Good Styling , Less power, no brembos, but very good handling for a rear car and model will not change pretty soon..... Remember the new Rx 7 will be out next year ( 300 ++ Bhp ) Rx 8 Singapore Version has good price but very high mileage cars.

Nissan 350z...

9 mil, good power, good styling.... but is the price too much.....

Dims the Votes say what your heart wants!.. don't think twice.. Get the Evo! :-)

Dims the Votes say what your heart wants!.. don't think twice.. Get the Evo! :-)

machan one car i would buy if its for sale would be your TM. I dont know if there is any car well kept and looked after. Sadly its not for sale.

I am still looking as i have time. will see !!! :jumping-smiley-013:

machan one car i would buy if its for sale would be your TM. I dont know if there is any car well kept and looked after. Sadly its not for sale.

I am still looking as i have time. will see !!! :jumping-smiley-013:

Hold ur Horses, Dims. Just managed to download the BMI video where they review the RX-8 and the Z. Should check it out before ur buy.

Hold ur Horses, Dims. Just managed to download the BMI video where they review the RX-8 and the Z. Should check it out before ur buy.

could you send me the link... anyway 350z is totally out of my budget.

i was watching this bestmotoring video where they test 06 Subaru Sti S204 with Lambo, Z06 and a porsche.

blody Z06 did 0-105km/h in 1st gear.. damnn :D

man now i can't stop thinking abt it ;)

from this list i would go for the STi 8 and spend the 1mill to make it faster than the Sti 9 ;)

LOL

machan the price difference of a Sti 8 and Sti 9 is merely 1 mil or even less.

yesterday i was qouted 7.8 for Sti 8. Bugger must be mad.

Stand behind me in the que... :D

infact this is the only legal Evolution 6 Tommi Makinen Edition which is in Town which was imported in 2001 and is now owned by evilmak.

Max you will be suprised to know that there are 3 more Tommi's ( BUDS )

infact this is the only legal Evolution 6 Tommi Makinen Edition which is in Town which was imported in 2001 and is now owned by evilmak.

Max you will be suprised to know that there are 3 more Tommi's ( BUDS )

I heard of one from Evilmak... so there's another 2? :D