• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What to look for when buying a 2nd hand Hybrid vehicle..

BLL115

HI Everyone

I am in the market for a Vezel 2015+. Can you please advise me on some tips to look for when inspecting it?

Please bear with my ignorance, as this will be my 1st vehicle, I am trying to be precautious as much as possible

Thanking you in advance for your time...

well the Duel clutch issue was discussed here make sure you check the vehicle records or get it checked by the local agent. there is a number of garages that does the repair and give warrant for 6 months don't fall for that.

I have 2 hybrids and get the battery checked a small charge will save a lot of pain.

then the ABS issue i do get the brake oil checked and at 50000 miles I put a new, but I dont know if the Honda needs this

the hybrid are way ahead of the others, and the small engine turbo are deadly and in traffic it does very little fuel. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BLL115 said:

HI Everyone

I am in the market for a Vezel 2015+. Can you please advise me on some tips to look for when inspecting it?

Please bear with my ignorance, as this will be my 1st vehicle, I am trying to be precautious as much as possible

Thanking you in advance for your time...

Get the vehicle inspected at the agents or a reputed place.. In the inspection scan report check for the effective usable capacity of the hybrid battery. Since its a Vezel its highly unlikely that the battery is weak as Honda hybrid batteries last longer than their Toyota counterparts.

Try to get a vehicle with proper service records which would give you the peace of mind knowing that its been looked after well and you have an idea what has been attended to what you need to attend with a verifiable mileage.

As mentioned above, the dual clutch is where you need to be cautious in driving the vehicle into the future as driving without a proper idea on the vehicle you are driving could lead to future problems as the Honda hybrids of this era is known for DCT issues.. So better to maybe contact a service advisor at the agents or some other experienced person (owner) who is well versed with the vehicle and get a know how on this. If the dual clutch has been previously repaired see if there is any noticeable slippage of gears since some places don't know how to repair it properly.

ABS issues aren't common to Honda hybrids as opposed to Toyota hybrids so just ensure that the usual things like suspension, interior, body work, engine, brakes are in good condition as a normal vehicle.

On a side note, ensure that you pump quality fuel and use a proper engine oil as these hybrids have catalytic converters and they tend to get clogged due to the quality of fuel we have in Sri Lanka, which would lead to the check engine light being illuminated.

• Like 2