• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Outsourcing Scam

fuzzo

how much time does the law require to find out about a business??? This so called seagull software was in operation for 10 months! 10 months is a reasonably long time for any law my friend. maybe sri lanka is in its infant stages wen it comes to a law, but i believe theres something wrong with the freaking law for them not to spot this one!! lucky for me i didnt dump in money there, but im pissed with the 'law'!

really cant believe ppl fell for this, the signs were all there, there was something wrong right from the start. they say money makes money, but its actually money+HARDWORK that makes money. invest wisely.

alfaQ

Hey AlfaQ,

Time to grow up man. Use your common sense. Why you get pissed off with the law of the country? The thing you dont understand is freaking law of the country cant do any thing until somebody commits a crime. OK seagull was in operation for 10 months. true . but did they commit a crime until they vanished in last week? or did they force/treaten anybody to invest money with them? The thing that you have to understand is that they didnt take your money, you gave it to them. everybody invested money in these so called slots knew that this is too good to be true.

Well if somebody tells me to give him 6500 today and promise me to repay 4000 per month for 15 months I wouldnt call it a crime, thats no crime to my knowledge. Only when those basterds at seagull ran off with the money it became a fraud/crime. Law can not protect you when you become a self inflicted victim of crime.

Did anybody log a complain with the police/central bank/company registrar or whatever institution now they say should have looked into seagull operations before its owners vanished with money??? I have been following this matter in many other forums but I never heard anybody did.

Own stupidity is not an excuse to blame the law of the country.

i've been following this thread and have noticed something. there are some who beleive it is the law's fault and some who beleive the law couldnt be applied here untill the last moment.. i agree with the latter..

See, Seagull was just anotyher legitimate business untill the day thay packed up and left. the offence was ONLY when they left. IF we expect the law to prevent this kidna thing, they'll have to keep tabs on each and every single business in the country..

for all you know, RIGHT NOW most of you (who are working at some office) are all being ripped off.. you go to work for a month spending your own money on transport food adn other expenses with the promise of being paid at the end of the month. Say your boss packed up and left the county without paying, then thats an offense. But does that mean all employers are like the Seagull people??

So like the guys who put in the 4000 bucks to get the slot, others who work at offices spend thier Rs. 4000 (jsut an analagy) on their daily expenses, with the promised paycheck of 6500 at the end of the month.

True the sri lankan legal system has flaws but not everything is the law's fault...

Like milinda said you gave them your money. They didnt steal it...its upto us to look where we put out money. The law MAY be blamed if it diesnt take enough steps the catch the crooks AFTER the crime has been comitted.

And the thing with sri lankans is, we'll all forget about this in a matter of weeks... And i doubt it if anyone will bother to ask the LAW what its doing THEN (by which time the law should have taken steps to bring he criminal's to justice).. Untill a few weeks ago, how many of us were talking about pyramid schemes or financial scams or GoldCrest for that matter in daily chit chat?

Yup.. pretty true.. it struck me how they managed to trick NTB into partenerin with em in a way and if a bank partners there outta be real reason to be their business was legitimate.. gues even the bank was fooled.. but NTB ve earned good profit nevertheles and MORE account holders as a result..

As for how far blaming the law goes.. I did blame it.. I agree.. mainly for not covering up this entirely.. upto today I dont think i saw a single article relating to this scheme in the Daily News which mind you is mostly a govt based newspaper.. Sunday Times and few other newspaper did carry about it but this paper did not.. I am wonderin why stil...

What really pissed me off was the speed at which investigation started.. i gues law cannot be blamed anyway with this.. By the time the local officials started the official investigations dose schemers would ve been long gone.. even Interpol stated that they needed prior approval thru related channels of the govt in order to assist.

In the end of the day, its a good lesson learnt :-) (for me @least), but i stil prefer a govt havin proactive laws rather than reactive laws.. yes.. laws are based on reacting to a particular situation but fraud are seldom caught via reactive laws.. Don mentioned earlier that UK had NO laws relatin to schemes such as these, so SL havin some is a good sign.. only thin.. it aint implemented in a satisfied way :-)

Zz