• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vintage Bmws In Lanka?

cheechthechi

Hey guys,

Are there any vintage bmws in Sri Lanka? The last time I was there the oldest one I could see was an e30. Are there any 2002 or 320i (e21) owners in Sri Lanka?

Check these pics in the Autolanka Gallery.

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p34936444.html

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p34936445.html

Generally Vintage means Pre-war. So that 328 (never seen but only heard about) is the only known Vintage BM.

There are a few potential classic BMWs though.

One is the 1970s 3.0 CSi Coupe. Not seen it for a while now. The guy who owns it got the CSL kit on it. The CSLs which were production cars of the ETCC machines were made for homologation purposes. It;s call the "Batmobile" because of the big wings and spoilers.

Then there's the E21 323i. 150bhp I think. I know the owner. Then there are two 1st Gen 528s in SL. One is in very good shape, fully restored and the other is out by the road on the Kotte Thalawathugoda road right now.

Apart from the 2002s at the show I know another and its owner. I was recently told that there's a 2002 Turbo here :o . Yet to see it or get it confirmed. Then there are two 635CSi to my knowledge. I've seen one and know the owner.

The E34 M5 which was an insurance write off is on the road again. :D

Oh and there is the BMW Isetta (bubble car) which was also on display towards the entrence of the Motor show. :lol:

Generally Vintage means Pre-war. So that 328 (never seen but only heard about) is the only known Vintage BM.

One is the 1970s 3.0 CSi Coupe. Not seen it for a while now. The guy who owns it got the CSL kit on it. The CSLs which were production cars of the ETCC machines were made for homologation purposes. It;s call the "Batmobile" because of the big wings and spoilers.

Then there's the E21 323i. 150bhp I think. I know the owner. Then there are two 1st Gen 528s in SL. One is in very good shape, fully restored and the other is out by the road on the Kotte Thalawathugoda road right now.

Apart from the 2002s at the show I know another and its owner. I was recently told that there's a 2002 Turbo here :o . Yet to see it or get it confirmed. Then there are two 635CSi to my knowledge. I've seen one and know the owner.

The E34 M5 which was an insurance write off is on the road again. :D

Oh and there is the BMW Isetta (bubble car) which was also on display towards the entrence of the Motor show. :lol:

Who owns that Particular M5? Was it properly fixed after it was totalled?

Apart from the 2002s at the show I know another and its owner. I was recently told that there's a 2002 Turbo here :D . Yet to see it or get it confirmed. Then there are two 635CSi to my knowledge. I've seen one and know the owner.

The E34 M5 which was an insurance write off is on the road again. :lol:

would you happen to know the 528 owner's name? it wouldn't happen to be a wijetunge?

Who owns that Particular M5? Was it properly fixed after it was totalled?

A guy called Rohan - 0712777776. Not sure how good the job was. But if it was a write off chances are that there are flaws. I am told he'll ask for the moon..........u have been warned!

would you happen to know the 528 owner's name? it wouldn't happen to be a wijetunge?

The one on the Kotte-T'wathugoda rd? It's owned by a guy called Chanaka. That garage there should have his contact details.

The other (Restored) one is owned by Shanaka Jinasena (Water pumps). They own lots of other classic cars.

The one on the Kotte-T'wathugoda rd? It's owned by a guy called Chanaka. That garage there should have his contact details.

The other (Restored) one is owned by Shanaka Jinasena (Water pumps). They own lots of other classic cars.

my A/L maths teacher's husband owned a classic 5 or 7 series... i'm still trying to trace it but it could be one of these cars... just for curiosity's sake...

I remember seeing a green Z1 in the early 90s. Used to come to Bri P's garage for servicing. I think it had British plates on. Not seen it after. maybe it went back to the UK. Anyone knows this car or what happend to it? The Z1 was a limited run convertible made of composite plastics and had doors that just slid down to allow access in to the seat. Itw as based on the E30 mechanicals.

• 6 months later...

Apart from the 2002- there is one priceless 328 roadster (1930/40's) model in SL. Still owned by the same family and is taken out once in a while...

http://www.bmwworld.com/models/vintage/30s.htm

Hey are you sure this roadster is still in Sri Lanka? I know of at least one, Z series BMW 328 roadster that was exported in the early 1960's. This car used to be owned -and raced - by a prominent racing driver of that era.

There MAY also be a 1940's BMW Saloon still in the country.

Cheers

Hey are you sure this roadster is still in Sri Lanka? I know of at least one, Z series BMW 328 roadster that was exported in the early 1960's. This car used to be owned -and raced - by a prominent racing driver of that era.

There MAY also be a 1940's BMW Saloon still in the country.

Cheers

I personally know the owners. Its still around for sure.