• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Check Engine Oil ?

hitnrun

Question

5 answers to this question

hey guys 'n gals !

i have a new suzuki zen. how often should i check for engine oil level :lol:

just finished my 1st service last week.

Since you do say it's a new Suzuki Zen then I wud say that you should just worry about your oil changes in time. When you do your routine clean ups it might not hurt to pop the bonnet and check the oil levels and at the same time check for any oil leakages from your gaskets etc.....this will keep your car in good health. Most important however is to make sure you do your services in time!

Well Hola you get a user manual not a service manual with a car, and that doesnt say how often you need to check the oil, just how often you need to change the oil at a minimum.

Service manuals are meant for technicians who work on the car thus usually found in workshops and at the agents.

Anyways how often you check your oil and water and fluid levels is something up to personal preferance, and becomes more relevent as cars become older, I mean i check my levels everyday just before i start the car, cos i have an old car and more things are likely to fail on mine like horses busting and oil seals going bonkers.

I would not worry too much with your car though a check every week end would not be a bad thing he he

The Don

i cannot check oil in a regular basis because my garage is not level.

right after the first service A*W service center guys gave me some extra oil to add next day which i totally forgot.

so after about 1 week i added the extra oil :P

so far i never had a problem with my car. just wanted to make sure that it wont be a prob. hehe

thanks for the quick response.

Have Fun :D

i cannot check oil in a regular basis because my garage is not level.

right after the first service A*W service center guys gave me some extra oil to add next day which i totally forgot.

so after about 1 week i added the extra oil :P

so far i never had a problem with my car. just wanted to make sure that it wont be a prob. hehe

thanks for the quick response.

Have Fun :D

For fuel efficient engines the oil levels should really decrease. But its worth checking now once in a while incase some damge causes oil leakage.

But for high performance naturally aspirated engines you have to check the oil quite regurlarly. For VTEC, Honda recommends you check the engine oil level every time you fill up with petrol. And the more VTEC you use, the more oil it burns. Before I had mine serviced, it used to burn about 1 litre every 2-3k miles.