• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio 2018 smart key doesn't lock or unlock the car

Chaturanga de silva

Question

8 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Chaturanga de silva said:

My toyota axio hybrid 2018 car key doesn't lock or unlock the car but it detects the key when I touch the handle it unlocks the car also I'm able to start car, 

I'm unable to lock/unlock the car with the smart key buttons. 

Both smart key battery & 12 V are new. 

Does the power locks work without the key ? (i.e. when you use the lock switch on the door console)

Does it work with the spare key ? or does it not work with either key ?

It coul dbe that there is something wrong with the key fob itself or the transiever.

• Like 1

@iRage

12 minutes ago, iRage said:

Does the power locks work without the key ? (i.e. when you use the lock switch on the door console)

Does it work with the spare key ? or does it not work with either key ?

It coul dbe that there is something wrong with the key fob itself or the transiever.

The power locks do work with the door console, The unlock/lock buttons on the key fob doesn't work, I can unlock the car by touching the door handle censor with the key near me 

It doesn't work work with spare keys 

On 8/13/2022 at 1:03 PM, Chaturanga de silva said:

@iRage

The power locks do work with the door console, The unlock/lock buttons on the key fob doesn't work, I can unlock the car by touching the door handle censor with the key near me 

It doesn't work work with spare keys 

So the actuators and the connectivity to them work....so it could be that there is something wrong with the transeiver in the car. Did you get it checked out by anyone ?

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 10:39 AM, iRage said:

So the actuators and the connectivity to them work....so it could be that there is something wrong with the transeiver in the car. Did you get it checked out by anyone ?

Yes all the actuators are working, I also think there is something wrong with the transceiver, I took the car to the toyota dealership they couldn't find the problem either, so ask me to leave the car there for a day or two for inspection, I'll give you an update 

On 8/17/2022 at 4:18 PM, Chaturanga de silva said:

Yes all the actuators are working, I also think there is something wrong with the transceiver, I took the car to the toyota dealership they couldn't find the problem either, so ask me to leave the car there for a day or two for inspection, I'll give you an update 

hmmm.. best thing is to sell the car noh? 

• Haha 3

On 8/16/2022 at 10:39 AM, iRage said:

I brought back the car from Toyota they said they are unable to find the problem & every thing is working according to the scan report even the key is working fine the car even responds, they said they have forwarded it to the toyota company for further investigation, they told me to use the car till further notice,

They said they haven't encountered an issue like this before 

Edited by Chaturanga de silva

Does this happen only at a specific location ? 

The old smart keys are seriously dumb. The one in our RAV4s of the same era had the most tempromental keys. It didn't work any where near a transformer, communications hub/tower, my comms devices (walkie talkies to sat phones) on my belt.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 9:15 AM, iRage said:

Does this happen only at a specific location ? 

The old smart keys are seriously dumb. The one in our RAV4s of the same era had the most tempromental keys. It didn't work any where near a transformer, communications hub/tower, my comms devices (walkie talkies to sat phones) on my belt.

I tried unlocking in several deferent places to no avail, I doubt if the key has lost it's entry code in which case I might have to reprogram a new key but I'm unable able to do so because toyota dealership has run out of new keys so I'll have to wait till they restock, also I haven't yet heard from toyota regarding the issue I'm having (last time they couldn't find the issue) 

• Sad 1