• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

7 seater family vehicle

Nuwanm

If you don't have any issue with going for a diesel variant, Toyota RegiusAce and GrandHiace / Granvia are two viable options if you get hold of the original passenger version with lots of bells and whistles including independent suspension. Enjoying one for last year or so as the comfy family vehicle. No this isn't for sale ;) 

IMG_1407 Medium.jpeg

IMG_2303 Medium.jpeg

IMG_2306 Medium.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thank you for valuable thoughts. I found a noah x van. Something like bellow.

image.png.099310b1c8a340efdaf8e3a03a0919c1.png

This exactly fits with my requitements. Is this model worth buying. As you  all told this model is rare. Can i use spare parts of commonly available kr42 or cr 42 models for this model too. is there something that i should be aware of before buying

Nice ! So you are looking at an AZR60 series Noah. I suppose what you meant by X is that it is the X trim level.

That car is a lot more refined that the R40 series (oler model) Noah you were looking at.

It has a 1AZ-FSE engine. The engine came in the 2L RAV4 and Cars like 2L Avensis, Caldina, Camry, etc...(even the 2L Premi and Allion) for the most part the engine is a good work horse but if not properly cared for it will have some issues. The very very early models had an issue with fuel pumps but those were rectified by Toyota Japan as soon as they were sold over here. Even if it wasn't, the car is old enough that any previous owner would have had to fix it by now (but check anyway). Also, the engine does not like dity fuel (no you don't have to change the fuel filter every few months...but as with any car the fuel filter should ahve been changed at manufacturer suggested intervals...). Dirty fuel can lead to carbonizing which makes the engine a bit lethargic and jittery. So make sure that there is no carbon build up on the injectors and throttle body and stuff.  Toyota AZ engines have a habit to sludge oil. So make sure that oil changes have been regular.

As for the gear box..it came with a 4 speed automatic (A240 series I beleive..again..used in other cars) or lter on a CVT (K110 series..possibly a K111). EIther case gear box will last if fluid changes have been done at the right intervals.

So as you can see...mechanically...it is just like ANY other car. If it is well taken care of...there aren''t any major problems apart from the car getting old. AND...since it uses parts from other Toyotas you should be able to find parts easily.

Your issue will be with body parts. Since the Noah (by the way....the actual NOAH vehicle is this and models after this...the one before that is still a TownAce and NOAH is just a trim level for the wagon), fairly uncommon in SL I don't think you will find things like lights at any body parts shop you walk it to...so it will take a bit of hunting down. If it is not there locally you can find plenty of parts to buy from Japan.

ALso, this Noah is a lot safer than the older model.

• Thanks 1

@Nuwanm...forgot to mention...get the vehicle professionally inspected BEFORE buying it. Toyota is good for a deep mechanical assessment, car checks is good for a comprehensive all round assessment. Having both might not be viable so if you had to choose one, choose the latter. Then if there are serious mechanical concerns that have been raised, then take it to Toyota for a deeper assessment. They will also give you a quote to fix it (which I suppose these days with all the economic issues and import restrictions will be astronmical).

• Thanks 1