• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

how to get emission test on newly overhauled engine

kolithawick

I have done a overhaul on my toyata 2C engine.

Unfortunately revenue licence of my vehicle expired last week. Pepair shop says it is not possible to get emission test because engine can't rev up to 3000rpm untill some time.

can somebody tell me is there anyway I can get licence without emission test. even a temporary one.

somebody please advice me.

thanking you.

kolitha.

On 10/16/2022 at 12:28 PM, kolithawick said:

I have done a overhaul on my toyata 2C engine.

Unfortunately revenue licence of my vehicle expired last week. Pepair shop says it is not possible to get emission test because engine can't rev up to 3000rpm untill some time.

can somebody tell me is there anyway I can get licence without emission test. even a temporary one.

somebody please advice me.

thanking you.

kolitha.

Use the car for atleast 1000km on low RPM, keep the receipts in the car, usually cops allow a grace period of 14 days to renew the license, incase you get pulled over, you can justify something. 

Another way is to cover let the car idle whilst varying the RPM for atleast an hour daily, and then do a highway run, at varying RPMs.

Do not allow the emissions fellas to touch the car until you cover that 1000km. Also do not forget the sequential oil changes during the break in.

• Like 1