• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

OBD 2 scanner doesn't connect to the ECU (Nissan leaf ZEO 2012)

Kalinga Jayawardhana

Question

I own a nissan leaf 2012 ZEO model car.I bought a cheap Bluetooth OBD 2 scanner online for nissan leaf. I connected it through the info car app first after trying connect it says app connected to obd 2 device but doesn't connect to the ECU.

I checked it with leaf spy lite and pro app versions but it doesn't connect also.

After I bought another obd 2 scanner online which says compatible with nissan leaf and leaf spy app.But I get same result from that too.

I needed check some fault codes . As the scanners doesn't work . I removed the negative 12 v battery terminal and leave for about 5 minutes and start again and it doesn't make any difference in fault codes errors come right after like they haven't cleared. I think there's something wrong with the ECU of my car.

I need to know why OBD 2 scanner doesn't connect and if there's any other way to clear the codes without a scanner?

1 answer to this question

On 11/21/2022 at 8:27 AM, Kalinga Jayawardhana said:

I own a nissan leaf 2012 ZEO model car.I bought a cheap Bluetooth OBD 2 scanner online for nissan leaf. I connected it through the info car app first after trying connect it says app connected to obd 2 device but doesn't connect to the ECU.

I checked it with leaf spy lite and pro app versions but it doesn't connect also.

After I bought another obd 2 scanner online which says compatible with nissan leaf and leaf spy app.But I get same result from that too.

I needed check some fault codes . As the scanners doesn't work . I removed the negative 12 v battery terminal and leave for about 5 minutes and start again and it doesn't make any difference in fault codes errors come right after like they haven't cleared. I think there's something wrong with the ECU of my car.

I need to know why OBD 2 scanner doesn't connect and if there's any other way to clear the codes without a scanner?

Get the battery health assessment at A*W, they have a proprietary scanner for leaf. My input is dated to the 2017 era, when I owned one so peek into the FB pages to see if they still do the scans.

There is a possibility that someone did a bms reset or some milaege hack and removed the CAN High / Low pins off the obd port lines to prevent buyers from getting a readout and testing them.,