• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where I can buy brand new and reconditioned spare parts at reasonable price?

flashmark

These days there in no regulation for the spare parts based on my experience. No matter it is a brand new or reconditioned there is huge difference (around 10%) in prices.

Can you guys to recommend some places to buy spare parts (both brand new and reconditioned) at reasonable price? I think this discussion would be a good initiative against the "black market".

Since we are initiating a discussion.... spare parts had no regulation in SL ever! Any Tom, Dick and Harry can bring in all kinds of fake and genuine parts by paying the taxes and sell it in the open market. This applies for used car parts as well (every used engine miraculously are low mileage engines and gearboxes but yet covered in rust and mud. Have you seen the state of how the engines and other parts are stored or even how parts are removed from donor cars in Japan (we are talking about people just pulling things a part with power tools) ? This was the downfall of the industry in the first-place decades ago. As the market got flooded with substandard junk, genuine parts through the proper channel could not gain any market share and as a result the prices had to rise (low volume of products having to cover operating costs, etc...). People too were blissfully buying fake junk 90% of the time.

It is just that now the forex issues and restricted imports are on one hand is getting exploited for higher gains and on the other hand exchange rates are driving up local prices of imported good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 1:20 PM, Quiet said:

If i bring down through ebay will there be a huge tax on it?

Depends on the mood of the customs agent you will be dealing with and how they take to you. Many in the past have been able to just pay a few hundred to a thousand rupees and walk away with the parts because it is obvious that it is a one-off thing for one's own use. But then these have been parts for cars like Toyotas and Lexus which may not be as expensive as Audi parts. You can do things like ask the seller to take them out of the original packaging, not put original invoice in it, (if they okay with it) under value the parts in the declaration (you will have to forego any shipping warranty on your package from the seller), etc...

But damn....1.2m for brake pads? That is like 2500USD. I would have thought that was expensive anywhere in the world.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, Quiet said:

can any one recommend me a place to buy reliable Audi parts. my A5 need break pads and break disks as well as few bushes,

Agents quote is over Rs.1.2Mn. (VAT account for Rs.0.30Mn)

If i bring down through ebay will there be a huge tax on it?

Wow, that's eye watering price tag. Hope yours's not an RS model with an upgraded Break.

I have checked for the standard 2015 model and Break parts should only be costing NZD 1500 (I wish I could send them to SL 😞 ) 

Whoever the agent is a scam the people's hard earned money.

On 1/5/2023 at 10:31 PM, Prasa84 said:

From two months I wanted to buy some spares to my Daihatsu Sonica (very rare car in Sri lanka). Is there any one who can help me on this. 

Did you try yahoo? Maybe mechanical parts are inter-changeable with other daihatsu models? 

On 1/6/2023 at 2:01 AM, Prasa84 said:

From two months I wanted to buy some spares to my Daihatsu Sonica (very rare car in Sri lanka). Is there any one who can help me on this. 

Oh dear...you have a car that was not that popular even in Japan. Are you looking for mechanical parts ? In which case you can look at parts of other Daihatsu kei cars of the period. If you are looking for body parts...then...well...it will be a tough search.