• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Clean

lasa

Question

Hi Guys,

Does any of you know good place for me to clean my radiator. I changed water and put a coolant when i did service. Gus at service station told me to get radiator fully clean after few weeks and put coolant again. SO any of you guys know good place? I have Toyota DX wagon(Disel)

8 answers to this question

Another option would be to use a "radiator flush" to clean your system. This you can do ti your self.

Why do you want to clean the radiator? Are you having cooling problems?

Another option would be to use a "radiator flush" to clean your system. This you can do ti your self.

Why do you want to clean the radiator? Are you having cooling problems?

Well i got my vagon from my father, he had used it for 10 yrs(Although milage is aroung 50,000 still). I'm not sure whether he had cleaned the radiator recently, now the water color in radiator is brown and there's some glue like substance in radiator cooler bottle near radiator. Thats why i wasnt to clean fully

Hi Lasa,

I remember Macro used to have a radiator cleaning service where they did a clean without using chemicals which was slightly better for the copper in the radiator, i think they used ultra sound,

another well known radiator manufacturer in sri lanka has a well advertised service that does exactly that and i remember D*MO used to offer the same service but i think these companies use chemicals,

Even my car has this problem Duncan, I think it has come about because the car idles for long periods of time and thus the sludge of copper oxide etc has now firmsly settled on the copper plus the exessive oxide sludge is obviously causing blocking up the water lines inside the engine and might be making the cooling less efficient, even i have been planning to do the same but havent found time yet,

The Don

Even if the car is not very old in terms of milage or even time, it is always a good idea to service the cooling system on a regular basis. Especially if the car spends most of its time in thick traffic.

Don't just clean the radiator, try to get the entire cooling system cleaned.

Cheers

Duncan, is chemical based flushes the only way of cleaning the internal tubes etc of the cooling system that reside inside the engine etc ?

Hi

To my knowledge and experience, thats the most effective.

Cheers