• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What would be the SUV/Crossover for 15M budget?

YohanNewbie

Welcome to the forum.

Your question is way too open ended. Each one of us can bring a different SUV/Crossover to the table and argue why their choice is the best and be absolutely right about it.

You should be more specific about what your use for it is. A SUV for tackling some trails is completely different from a Crossover you want to just drive through on a gravel road or a large vehicle with presence you just want to cruise around town in. Once you sort of put out your requirements, then people can actually talk about the models that best fit your need.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 7:11 AM, iRage said:

Welcome to the forum.

Your question is way too open ended. Each one of us can bring a different SUV/Crossover to the table and argue why their choice is the best and be absolutely right about it.

You should be more specific about what your use for it is. A SUV for tackling some trails is completely different from a Crossover you want to just drive through on a gravel road or a large vehicle with presence you just want to cruise around town in. Once you sort of put out your requirements, then people can actually talk about the models that best fit your need.

Thanks for this response. I’m looking for vehicle for my day to day use. I’m not much of a travel guy so I don’t think I will need that to cater any off road type of drives. As I’m living and working in colombo, good fuel economy would be nice given the country’s situation. Currently I’m driving an Axio 141 2007 and need to upgrade to a vehicle which has a bit of a height and where I could fit in comfortably as I’m 6’ ++

Edited by YohanNewbie

Okay...well...then getting something like an Pajero or Land Cruiser would be pointless.

That leaves you with the typical choice of mid sized crossovers, if you want to go Japanese the options are the Toyota Vanguard and RAV4 (both are the same care, the Vangaurd is the JDM long wheelbase version of the RAV4), Honda CRV and the Suzuki Vitara; all from the early to mid part of the last decade. Out of these options, the CRV would be the more refined, comfy one, the Toyota options the more utilitarian (yet comfortable) options and the Suzuki the most offroad capable and traditional.

I reckon Euro options in the same segment as above would be Audi Q5s or BMW X3s where you might find average examples that fit the upper end of your budget.

Vehicles like the CH-R, Vezel, Audi Q2, BMW X2 might be a little bit too cramped for you. 

• Thanks 1