• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2007 Crv Launch In Sri Lanka

Devinda_Z

the 2007 model HONDA CRV was launched last evening at Stafford Motors!

the 3rd generation SUV from Honda is completely revamped n shares common design lines with the new civic

Engines comprise a 2.0 & 2.4L DOHC units putting out 150 & 175 BHP aprox - 5spd auto box is the only available transmission

pictures will be uploaded shortly

it must be said that extrior perception of size is decieving cuz the interior of this SUV is genuily massive!

reclining rear seats! - all leather trim n sun roof - 6cd in dash changer with a 6 speaker ICE system

also has dual zone climate control

pretty decent looking ride...but some may say it looks too soft n curvy though

the 2007 model HONDA CRV was launched last evening at Stafford Motors!

the 3rd generation SUV from Honda is completely revamped n shares common design lines with the new civic

Engines comprise a 2.0 & 2.4L DOHC units putting out 150 & 175 BHP aprox - 5spd auto box is the only available transmission

pictures will be uploaded shortly

it must be said that extrior perception of size is decieving cuz the interior of this SUV is genuily massive!

reclining rear seats! - all leather trim n sun roof - 6cd in dash changer with a 6 speaker ICE system

also has dual zone climate control

pretty decent looking ride...but some may say it looks too soft n curvy though

I've been seeing a few around the US over the last few weeks, and it seems like a great vehicle..glad its available in SL too. Must cost three arms and a leg brand new though?? Shares a lot with the new Acura RDX too I believe.

I've been seeing a few around the US over the last few weeks, and it seems like a great vehicle..glad its available in SL too. Must cost three arms and a leg brand new though?? Shares a lot with the new Acura RDX too I believe.

hmmm well given the ludicrously high tax rate it comes upto within 6.something to high 7ish figure for the top spec. apparently..

Hee Haw.. lol..

Does look funny, but then again nowadays SUV's have got odd shaped front's & rear's.

well i will admit it looks odd...especialy that sloping rear end - u'll notice once the pictures r up on the site that the rear glass looks like its been taken off the "stream" , thus making it not just an ugly SUV but rather an MPV wanna be!!!

:)

but havin said that its unfair to be so harsh given that its interior space n cabin layout is undoubtably class leading!!! :)

its unbelievably large on the inside! &then there's the solid fit n finish coupled to wut should be a pretty solid motor...the price isnt too bad either taking into consideration the other softroader prices...

but a good drive is truly wut's needed to give it a thumbs up or down.... :ninja:

Photos Updated @ Autolanka Gallery !!! [Click Here]

Pics by - Kanchana Gunasekara & Special Thanks to Devinda Z !!

nice pics..thanks! the front of the car has potential to look a lot better i think, it doesn't look too bad..i think its the shape of the top of the bumper that kills it.

and...i don't really know how practical the dashboard layout is! for one thing, they've moved the gear level from right next to the steering column in the old model (which i really like), to right in front of the AC controls...from the angle of the picture of the dash, it doesn't really look like the AC display, or half the control buttons are accessible when the car is in "P"!

but i agree, it is a very spacious car. even the last generation is a lot bigger than its competition i think (which is mainly why we bought one as opposed to a RAV4, santa fe, or anything else in that market segment in SL..) and this seems to be even bigger.

well i will admit it looks odd...especialy that sloping rear end - u'll notice once the pictures r up on the site that the rear glass looks like its been taken off the "stream" , thus making it not just an ugly SUV but rather an MPV wanna be!!!

:ph34r:

but havin said that its unfair to be so harsh given that its interior space n cabin layout is undoubtably class leading!!! :D

its unbelievably large on the inside! &then there's the solid fit n finish coupled to wut should be a pretty solid motor...the price isnt too bad either taking into consideration the other softroader prices...

but a good drive is truly wut's needed to give it a thumbs up or down.... :jumping-smiley-013:

I think the motoring people in UK have placed the CRV as the best in the segment beating all opposition. You guys can confirm if you'll have gone through the AUtocar magazines these couple of weeks. They regard it as a good vehicle all round and in the value for money aspect.

• 1 month later...

I think the motoring people in UK have placed the CRV as the best in the segment beating all opposition. You guys can confirm if you'll have gone through the AUtocar magazines these couple of weeks. They regard it as a good vehicle all round and in the value for money aspect.

I think Autocar is a mag that's highly biased towards British cars. And the CRV as with the new Civic is made in the UK. You really can't take them too seriously. They always have nice things to say about cars made in England.

They praised crap cars like the Austin Montego, Rover 800 and the Jag XJ40 which other mags critisized. Then when Nissan UK started rolling out the Primera that became a great car. The same thing happend with the Peugeot 309, a butt ugly car. It became one of their favourites.

They are quite consistant with brands like BMW and Porsche but when there is a Brit car their hearts seem to melt a bit.