• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seeking Advice for First Car Purchase < 3.5m - Sports Car Enthusiast

battllefield lovers

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market to buy my first car, and I'm seeking some guidance from fellow enthusiasts. I have a deep passion for sports cars and would appreciate your suggestions on finding a good one within a budget of 3.5 million. While I've always admired older models like the Civic and Lancer, I'm aware that the ones from 1996 and 1997 might not be the safest or most reliable options. I would like to know if these cars can still be considered safe for purchase and what specific factors I should look into.

Furthermore, I'm also open to exploring other makes like Toyota and Nissan. If you have any recommendations for sports cars within my budget from these brands, I'd love to hear them. One crucial requirement for me is achieving a fuel consumption of at least 9-10, as I value efficiency.

It's worth noting that although I have a passion for sports cars, I'm not exclusively focused on them. As an engineer, I appreciate a well-rounded vehicle with reliable performance and modern features. I've heard some concerns about heavily used Civics and Lancers not being suitable, so any insights on that matter would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your help and suggestions!

Edited by battllefield lovers

1 answer to this question

On 5/20/2023 at 12:40 AM, battllefield lovers said:

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market to buy my first car, and I'm seeking some guidance from fellow enthusiasts. I have a deep passion for sports cars and would appreciate your suggestions on finding a good one within a budget of 3.5 million. While I've always admired older models like the Civic and Lancer, I'm aware that the ones from 1996 and 1997 might not be the safest or most reliable options. I would like to know if these cars can still be considered safe for purchase and what specific factors I should look into.

Furthermore, I'm also open to exploring other makes like Toyota and Nissan. If you have any recommendations for sports cars within my budget from these brands, I'd love to hear them. One crucial requirement for me is achieving a fuel consumption of at least 9-10, as I value efficiency.

It's worth noting that although I have a passion for sports cars, I'm not exclusively focused on them. As an engineer, I appreciate a well-rounded vehicle with reliable performance and modern features. I've heard some concerns about heavily used Civics and Lancers not being suitable, so any insights on that matter would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your help and suggestions!

You want a sports car, but you are looking at Civics and Lancers? Do you know what a sports car is?

Kindly be more specific in your list of requirements and we might be able to help you out, because what you've said here is contradictory. Do you actually want something with two doors, or a more practical vehicle?

Also, "a well rounded vehicle with reliable performance and modern features" is probably not going to be available for under 3.5 million, sorry to say. Sports cars by their nature are not particularly efficient, either.