• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Good Is Honda Civic

Lahiru Abeydeera

Question

HI,

I m planning to buy a honda civic ETi model vtec car. its a around 92-93.

but i have doubts over it since many ppl say that the modal has ver low fuel consumption.

So someone with good civic experience give me some advice about it.

if u really wanna go for EG8 try to get VTEC.it's good in fuel .there are other carb models duwel crab and single crab bad on fuel like 5km per liter. :(

Eti- is the economy version of the EG8. Techincally you should get better km's per liter that say a Vti. this is also Efi by the way. You should be able to get 9-10km's out of it.

Why not search the threads on AL for more info as this has been discussed several times.

HI,

I m planning to buy a honda civic ETi model vtec car. its a around 92-93.

but i have doubts over it since many ppl say that the modal has ver low fuel consumption.

So someone with good civic experience give me some advice about it.

good choice... what Pila says above is true.. so it's up to you to decide... by the way I got a dual carb ( had V-tec sometime back ) and it does 9 kmpl... he he.. my secret :( oh and our other dual carb after the recent tune-up at Nanda**** does 11... lol

What I got to know from my friends who uses Honda's were they aint really worry on the mileage... its the driving pleasure and performance.. as a peugeot fan I second that

i kno driving pleasure is important. thats why i wanna go for civic. but we have to think about the pocket also. anyway thanks all for the advice. but one more thing...

1 of my friend uses an Exi (19-) he told me it does arnd 12 km for litr. is this normal or overestimated. and can someone give me links to other threads discussing the matter.... :(

1 of my friend uses an Exi (19-) he told me it does arnd 12 km for litr. is this normal or overestimated. and can someone give me links to other threads discussing the matter.... <_<

well dude that rather depend on where you drive, in the city with traffic 11-12 is the best you can ever imagine of (can be untrue for a car in bad condition) but outside city with light throttle 11-12 is easy to beat, i even got 16 once goin on a trip. [in a Honda City though]

all in all u can expect 9km/L in City driving and about 11-12 km/L outside from a typical EG8 in good condition

Don't u two *** understand English? Do u need to go back to kindergarten and start learning the language again? What I am saying is, he is spending on a nearly 15 year old car, when for the same money he could have had a 7 year old car. U know that this demand from the drag scene has raised prices artificially to well above what the car is actually worth. Mans main concern is his pocket, not power bands and performance. So how about u two go stick ur heads back in that bucket of sand that u think is the whole world?

And Hola, if u can read

Dunno about u, but thats the sorta thing that says "I haven't made up my mind, so someone tell me something to help me", not, " I want a Honda, so help me justify it"

Don't u two *** understand English? Do u need to go back to kindergarten and start learning the language again? What I am saying is, he is spending on a nearly 15 year old car, when for the same money he could have had a 7 year old car. U know that this demand from the drag scene has raised prices artificially to well above what the car is actually worth. Mans main concern is his pocket, not power bands and performance. So how about u two go stick ur heads back in that bucket of sand that u think is the whole world?

And Hola, if u can read

Dunno about u, but thats the sorta thing that says "I haven't made up my mind, so someone tell me something to help me", not, " I want a Honda, so help me justify it"

ok. calm down. have a cold bath and a wine and get ready for 2007

What I got to know from my friends who uses Honda's were they aint really worry on the mileage... its the driving pleasure and performance.. as a peugeot fan I second that

Definitely......

we've had a couple of hondas in the family (including an Eg8 bought B'new) and now have a peugeot... so i can safely say that If a car is a great drive.... us petrol heads will forgive it a LOT!!!!!

but the key to the EG8 is really how good your mechanic is..... a good friend of mine has a 1992 MX (Dual Carb) absolutely stock apart from a HUGE Tailpipe...., that has Fantastic acceleration...... and if driven carefully it gets 10-11km/L, But it Does need to be kept in tune.....

Good luck with your hunt man

Edited by Supra_Natural

Yes. The spares are rare, there are only a few recondtioned body parts.I remeber i had wait nearly 1 month to get a folding right hand mirror and that also i got in a diffrent color. And engine parts are just with the agents and they dont have ample stocks too.

guys

thanks 4 ur advice. i realy appreciate them. couldnt log on the forum since i was busy testing my new ride.

driving experience is maximum. cant describe it in words :( . feels like flying to me. ( i hav been driving my fathers old corolla DX before.)

but the sad part is fuel consumption :) . costs me 500 bucks everyday just to go to work. does only around 7-8 (11 in long distance.)

whatever i raly love that ride!!!

tc and thanks :D

Definitely......

we've had a couple of hondas in the family (including an Eg8 bought B'new) and now have a peugeot... so i can safely say that If a car is a great drive.... us petrol heads will forgive it a LOT!!!!!

but the key to the EG8 is really how good your mechanic is..... a good friend of mine has a 1992 MX (Dual Carb) absolutely stock apart from a HUGE Tailpipe...., that has Fantastic acceleration...... and if driven carefully it gets 10-11km/L, But it Does need to be kept in tune.....

Good luck with your hunt man

oh yeah... little do I feel the difference betweem my previous V-tec and the current MX.. I love the MX because its all mechanical and I can play with it...