• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Poss Mods For Grandcivic '88

speeddemon200

hi fellow motorheads, i've got an 88' grand civic single carb(d15b3 engine i think) only engine mods are an electric fuel pump....the bod.. is in orig condition...needs tinkerin...at the mo.. i only get arnd 5-6kmpl....low pullin power too...gr8 if i can get abt 9kmpl get really good horse power....be puttin a set of profiles.....

Budget? Application? (economy/performance) Commitment? Easiest mod for you would be a dual carb off a EG8 MX or more expensive more power giving webber carb setup. Your fuel economy problem & low pulling power mean its time for a tune up. Sorry dude dont know much on carbs but there is a very good thread some where in the forum- try searching .

Budget? Application? (economy/performance) Commitment? Easiest mod for you would be a dual carb off a EG8 MX or more expensive more power giving webber carb setup. Your fuel economy problem & low pulling power mean its time for a tune up. Sorry dude dont know much on carbs but there is a very good thread some where in the forum- try searching .

i've got 100K to spend. was asked to keep arnd 50k for bodywork. so got another 50k for mechanical mods. think thats enough?

i've got 100K to spend. was asked to keep arnd 50k for bodywork. so got another 50k for mechanical mods. think thats enough?

hey bro... whats on your clock ? yeah the best you could do is swap it to a dual carb ( I got a Dual Carb Eg8 at the moment ) goes ok but not as close to a V-tec.. but with propper tuning you could do wonders with an dual carb.. further more I think it's better if you speak to our dude whose gota grandcivic him self... he's one Sanjaya.. phone # 0773290803.. and send us a few pics of your car...

hey bro... whats on your clock ? yeah the best you could do is swap it to a dual carb ( I got a Dual Carb Eg8 at the moment ) goes ok but not as close to a V-tec.. but with propper tuning you could do wonders with an dual carb.. further more I think it's better if you speak to our dude whose gota grandcivic him self... he's one Sanjaya.. phone # 0773290803.. and send us a few pics of your car...

thanks dragster..

I've done abt 280,000 km.s. will contact sanjaya.

thanks dragster..

I've done abt 280,000 km.s. will contact sanjaya.

hmmm may wanna use your money for an engine rebuild- maybe risky reving high on an engine with that many kms on it.

Anyone remember who used to Drive the yellow grand in the 8-10's? What was his name? Nihal something? That car used to move at Pannala.

hmmm may wanna use your money for an engine rebuild- maybe risky reving high on an engine with that many kms on it.

Anyone remember who used to Drive the yellow grand in the 8-10's? What was his name? Nihal something? That car used to move at Pannala.

talk abt it. dragged down baseline road once myself. hit 140km/h in 1/2 mile @ arnd 6k revs.

by the way do we still have any saturday evenin drags?

talk abt it. dragged down baseline road once myself. hit 140km/h in 1/2 mile @ arnd 6k revs.

by the way do we still have any saturday evenin drags?

hey pila, ne idea on how much an engine rebuild may cost. also lookin arnd on the forums think i really must convert to a dual carb.

Yes pilla you are right. that car moves really well @ pannala as well as on gravel circuits he ran. his name is Nihal Premasiri and he is from the city of gems Kahawatta .

Sadly for last 2 years didnt see him on the track.

Edited by Grand Civic

Yes pilla you are right. that car moves really well @ pannala as well as on gravel circuits he ran. his name is Nihal Premasiri and he is from the city of gems Kahawatta .

Sadly for last 2 years didnt see him on the track.

Yep thats the dude- Used to drive like there was no tomorrow :P Probably cannot run anymore anyway due to the rule changes that came in the 8-10 over the last couple of years.

hey pila, ne idea on how much an engine rebuild may cost. also lookin arnd on the forums think i really must convert to a dual carb.

No idea man on the cost of the rebuild. But guess you should be able to do it within 50k. Depneds on the condition of the engine. And how much more compression you wanna go for. :P

By the way dual carbs can be bad on fuel.