• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Acura Asc

Supra_Natural

Check out Acura's concept @ the 07 Detroit show........ "Officially provides a preview of the general design direction for the successor to the NSX"

http://www.channel4.com/4car/ft/feature/motor+show/6574/1

they aren't being entirely complimentary tho.....

@ Devinda , Oh I dunno.... This one has it's Merits as well...... The NSX was always the "understated supercar" nuh.......

@ Gtam, now that you mention it, It does have slight corvette overtones...... not ALL that prominent tho....

well y wud u say dat, i guess honda plans 500hp wit new nsx and i guess LF-A is also plannin 500hp... d u reckon da lex will be a better performer or z u opinion based on looks?

I think hes tkin abt looks...... but i duuno.... i think the honda wins on that too......

Edited by Supra_Natural

well y wud u say dat, i guess honda plans 500hp wit new nsx and i guess LF-A is also plannin 500hp... d u reckon da lex will be a better performer or z u opinion based on looks?

Its hard to compare the two on looks. The ASC is truely a concept idea at the moment. So I doubt the car will look that streamlined if it comes into production. The don't have the manufacturing techniques to mass produce something that looks like that at an affordable cost. Whereas with the LF-A they have strongly indictated it is coming into production. And that is the second derivative they showed at Detroit. So it wouldn't change much from there.

I think performance wise, they will be similar because Toyota and Honda both have enough F1 experience to make a high performance car.

But I think Lexus built quality, equipment and comfort, can't be matched by Acura.

There's also the Nissan GTR to consider.

The question is will they all be able to take on the Audi R8:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...i_r8_coupe.html

Its hard to compare the two on looks. The ASC is truely a concept idea at the moment. So I doubt the car will look that streamlined if it comes into production. The don't have the manufacturing techniques to mass produce something that looks like that at an affordable cost. Whereas with the LF-A they have strongly indictated it is coming into production. And that is the second derivative they showed at Detroit. So it wouldn't change much from there.

I think performance wise, they will be similar because Toyota and Honda both have enough F1 experience to make a high performance car.

But I think Lexus built quality, equipment and comfort, can't be matched by Acura.

There's also the Nissan GTR to consider.

The question is will they all be able to take on the Audi R8:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...i_r8_coupe.html

You're probably right about the build quality..... i dnt think ANYONE can match lexus on that.....

The R8 looks fantastic... and it has a pretty impressive spec, but i think i'll put MY money on the Nissan GT-R...

:huh:

You're probably right about the build quality..... i dnt think ANYONE can match lexus on that.....

The R8 looks fantastic... and it has a pretty impressive spec, but i think i'll put MY money on the Nissan GT-R...

:unsure:

I'm still undecided about the GTR front. It looks a bit wierd in the pics. But the back looks nice.

The gereral automotive scene is going back to the trends of the early 90's, where the japanese were competing with hot hatches and performance coupe's. Like:

Nissan GTi-R, Skyline

Toyota Corolla Gt-i, Supra

Honda Civic Vti, NSX

Mitsubishi FTO, GTO