• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Gears Problem

maikk99

Question

HI

I have a Diesel Toyota Carina with Automatic Gears

recently I got this problem when I am trying to start the vehicle

earlier it started when the Gear rod is at " Paring Position" or at " Neutral Positions"

now when I try to start sometimes (even though the gear Rod position is either neutral or parking) it do not start but gives a click sound (equivalent to the sound u get when u try to start when the gear rod is in Drive or reverse Mode) . I have to move the gear rod slightly (randomly) and then it starts

I feel that this should be a contact issue between the Gear rod and the circuit or is it some thing else

pls advise

1 answer to this question

HI

I have a Diesel Toyota Carina with Automatic Gears

recently I got this problem when I am trying to start the vehicle

earlier it started when the Gear rod is at " Paring Position" or at " Neutral Positions"

now when I try to start sometimes (even though the gear Rod position is either neutral or parking) it do not start but gives a click sound (equivalent to the sound u get when u try to start when the gear rod is in Drive or reverse Mode) . I have to move the gear rod slightly (randomly) and then it starts

I feel that this should be a contact issue between the Gear rod and the circuit or is it some thing else

pls advise

sounds like the gears arent being selected properly - for instance if your putting it into Reverse, does it take about half a second for the light on the dash board which shows the gear selection to light up porperly n indicated the gear?

if so ur probably right n it may be a electrical issue

but its more likely that your due in for an ATF EXCHANGE - if u've had the oil flushed n filled recently,then u may wanna have someone have a look at this