• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Ur Advice

AnUsHa_SL

There are NO Alternatives to a Corolla 110 :lol:.

Nothing can match the reliability, economy and comfort within that budget. You can find a Corolla or Sprinter (which you might get a little cheaper). You get 301 range 1.5 pre-facelift cars and the 1.3 litre (AE111) face lifted models within that price range.

You might find a 301- Toyota Premio which is more comfortable but a bit less economical than the Corolla (marginally)

A Mazda 323/ Familia with H plates might cost you 1.4 or a little bit more.

Nissans of that vintage are problematic due to age and the build quality.

Hondas generally tend to be over priced and usually not value for money.

There are NO Alternatives to a Corolla 110 :lol:.

Nothing can match the reliability, economy and comfort within that budget. You can find a Corolla or Sprinter (which you might get a little cheaper). You get 301 range 1.5 pre-facelift cars and the 1.3 litre (AE111) face lifted models within that price range.

You might find a 301- Toyota Premio which is more comfortable but a bit less economical than the Corolla (marginally)

A Mazda 323/ Familia with H plates might cost you 1.4 or a little bit more.

Nissans of that vintage are problematic due to age and the build quality.

Hondas generally tend to be over priced and usually not value for money.

Succinct summation :lol:

A Toyota Sprinter Vintage would do ya good.. somewhat better looking than the Corolla on that age period and has all the comfort ya need.. the Corolla and the Sprinter though shared da same characteristics in terms o engine... body z different though.. n got reasonably good fuel consumption.. if ya are not so performance minded.. this car might be it! :)

Zz

Even for a Certified Nutter like myself, I'd have to admit that the 110 Corolla/Sprinter is a very decent piece of kit..... especially if economy and reliability is top priority..

Example, a cpl of years back my family had an AE110 Sprinter SE Vintage (Recon, HD Reg), and a ES8 Civic Exi (B-New, HJ Reg)..... both were 1.5 automatic. while the civic was bigger and marginally more comfortable, the Toyota beat it hands down for economy....

The civic could only manage 6.5km/l in town and about 10 out, where the toyota easily did 11 in town, and neared 15, when out...... it moved fairly quickly as well.... :)

space at the back was a bit restricted when tall people were in front though

overall, i'd say a very good choice in this situation.

Edited by Supra_Natural

@ Pila - Agree about the parts.. took bout 4 days of searching to come across a pair of rear lights for ma car.. though engine parts n stuff could be substituted for those of the AE110 Corolla.. it is the body parts that make ya hassle bout..

Zz

Hi ppl,

I'm planning to buy a car.. budges around 1.2 - 1.3M. I like Toyota, Honda, Mazda. :D

Can i go for english no as well.

waiting for ur ideas

I saw a few Impreza's advertised on this site and in the newspapers.... probably a good buy in your price range. I think one or 2 were had English No's as well but that should not matter if the car is in good condition.

I saw a few Impreza's advertised on this site and in the newspapers.... probably a good buy in your price range. I think one or 2 were had English No's as well but that should not matter if the car is in good condition.

yeah it would be in his budget...but there are a few points to be weary of...

primarily this misconception abt resale values being low on Subarus...

they're lovely to drive yes , but fuel consumption is a tad on the high side n also the cost of spare

but in terms of build quality n reliablity a they're just as good as the other Japs

oh but careful with those Singapore cars - most english no cars r from there if i'm not mistaken..

Thank u very much guys :). I never expect such a detail explanations.

mm.. how abt resale values, except japanies vehical. bcoz there are nice looking cars comes with Hyndai, Kia etc. Are they economical, comfortable, value for the money etc... (my knowledge abt vehicals are very poor :D )

Thank u very much guys :). I never expect such a detail explanations.

mm.. how abt resale values, except japanies vehical. bcoz there are nice looking cars comes with Hyndai, Kia etc. Are they economical, comfortable, value for the money etc... (my knowledge abt vehicals are very poor :D )

If you buy a 110..it IS cash in hand. You can flog it over the weekend if as long as the car is in decent shape and is not grossly overpriced.

Korean cars are like family friends....you are stuck with them for life unless you drop the prices quite a bit. There was an auction last week and almost all the cars were Korean and Malaysian cars which are impossible to sell on the open market.

They generally don't do well on fuel (specually the auto ones). More than anything...most Korean cars are Singapore cars which have run about 200,000km but the meters are messed to read very low figures. So most cars tend to give problems due to the high running before being brought here.

I find the suspension a bit hard and the fake leather annoying as well.