• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Price Help

panhida

Guys, I have seen the small KIA Picanto in Colombo. I would like to know are they brand New or reconditioned vehicles and what the price might be? if any of you have purchased one of these vehicles please let me know, Are they better than a Maruti for running in and around Colombo?

Thanks a lot for any information.

Love & PEACE to all (the only two thats not been taxed YET!)

Guys, I have seen the small KIA Picanto in Colombo. I would like to know are they brand New or reconditioned vehicles and what the price might be? if any of you have purchased one of these vehicles please let me know, Are they better than a Maruti for running in and around Colombo?

european reviews state the car isnt too bad

design wise its streets ahead of any heap of rubbish to come out of India!

prices not too sure- i'm guessing recon should be in the 1million range - pure speculation this is but

Edited by Devinda_Z

I think they are 18-20 Bnew. Not worth looking at Singapore recons. Check out the Swifts and Vitz.

According to the new car prices on January MotorMag Rs.1,956. 1000cc engine getting 13kmpl, according to manufacturer claims. The 1.3 Swift is 2.41.

Def better than a Maruti tho.

According to the new car prices on January MotorMag Rs.1,956. 1000cc engine getting 13kmpl, according to manufacturer claims. The 1.3 Swift is 2.41.

Def better than a Maruti tho.

forgive my feed of misinformatio on the price - but isnt it daft that the Kia rio would go for a pinch higher & thats a proper Sedan?

but 1L korean car isnt worth so [email protected]

Thanks a lot for any information.

Love & PEACE to all (the only two thats not been taxed YET!)

its about 1.55 mil from the agents brand new.

Recon would be slightly less.

the depreciation on even presumably "good' Koren vehicles is unbelievable!!

i just saw a Sorento with é top of the range 3.5L with the highest spec on JE number plate - under 2 yrs old -

vehicle was abt the price of a Brand New Mazda 3!!!

thats around 50% or a tad more depreciation on the sticker price!!

...good vehicle i'm told ,é Sorento - deifes the norms of rubbish Korean vehicles lu...

...good vehicle i'm told ,é Sorento - deifes the norms of rubbish Korean vehicles lu...

Rubbish?? Maybe you would want to rephrase that...

On the topic of the picanto, maybe buying it brand new would not be a good choice, but if you want good fuel consumption, along with the useful necessities, try a recon picanto. Its got dual airbags and abs, and it will be definetely better than the maruti. It was also voted the best value car in the UK

Rubbish?? Maybe you would want to rephrase that...

On the topic of the picanto, maybe buying it brand new would not be a good choice, but if you want good fuel consumption, along with the useful necessities, try a recon picanto. Its got dual airbags and abs, and it will be definetely better than the maruti. It was also voted the best value car in the UK

sorry sorry...didnt mean rubbish rubbish...just that early Koren vehicles n é gerneral conception of em are fairly bad

interms of style , equipment , performance n efficency Korean cars fall short

bar the Sorento , Cerato & maybe a few other the Koreans lag other mass manufacturers

but i'd be inclined to agree wit u on what's "been said" in motor press abt the Picanto..

sorry sorry...didnt mean rubbish rubbish...just that early Koren vehicles n é gerneral conception of em are fairly bad

interms of style , equipment , performance n efficency Korean cars fall short

bar the Sorento , Cerato & maybe a few other the Koreans lag other mass manufacturers

but i'd be inclined to agree wit u on what's "been said" in motor press abt the Picanto..

Korean cars have everything what you said. Style, equipment and performance. And another good thing is that they cost less than their rivals. I admit that kia wasnt upto standards before hyundai bought them over. Kia is a fast growing car manufacturer, producing some high quality cars these days. And its not from just "whats been said", its from experience.

Korean cars have everything what you said. Style, equipment and performance. And another good thing is that they cost less than their rivals. I admit that kia wasnt upto standards before hyundai bought them over. Kia is a fast growing car manufacturer, producing some high quality cars these days. And its not from just "whats been said", its from experience.

Korean vehicles ended up with a bad name for several reasons.

One is they came from Singapore with most having done a good 150-200k on the clock with the exporters/importers/dealers clocking them down. Most Japanese cars come with around 80-120k on the clock.

The other is the fact that the earlier generations did have so many problems.

I guess the coming generations will be better but how they fare after 3-4 years of running which the Motor Magazines miss will be in question.

I know people who have had good runs without any problems just as Street Kia has. But I feel the Korean Cars will need another generation to be considered good enough to run for 3 years and beyond trouble free.

the only advantage KIA & other Koreans have is that they can be bought here brand new for decent prices & if the agets are good buliding a good brand name & value in the local Market wont be too hard - cuz for value for money no one can compete with the Koreans now

this is very OT but whats the going rate for a TOYOTA CARINA AT192 these days???

@Milindu very specially

We sold a couple of commercially run (done around 220,000km) but company maintained cars (with everything working for 9.75.

I guess privately owned ones in good condition can do up to 1.2 for petrols and 1.3 for diesels.

Superb cars. But most cars would have realistically done 150-200k

We sold a couple of commercially run (done around 220,000km) but company maintained cars (with everything working for 9.75.

I guess privately owned ones in good condition can do up to 1.2 for petrols and 1.3 for diesels.

Superb cars. But most cars would have realistically done 150-200k

thanx machang - i'll be advertising mine in the next few days n wanted verification of the exact value

& sri lanka being sri lanka - it cost us abt the same 12yrs ago!!