• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New C Class!

ucscsades

i'm no Merc fan but i'd say that the CLS 55 AMG is in direct competition as Sports Saloon for the RS4 ya?

so thats supposed to be in@ abt Rs.30Mill

why on earth is the Audi so much more expensive?? i know its got é Quatrro going for it n all but 15 mil is a bit much dont ya think!? :jumping-smiley-013:

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you selling this rare piece? Eyeing anything else?

It's not an easy decision to make parting with a rare, elegant coupe and a car that was top of a Mercedes-Benz range in the 80's.

But we do need something a bit more practical right now. There's a good possibility that this will be regretted but what's to be done.

• 11 months later...

Mercedes-Benz Sells Over 300,000 New C Class cars across the globe

Dr. Klaus Maier, Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing Mercedes-Benz Cars had noted that the new C Class had a growth rate of 70 percent on the corresponding periods from the prior year since the launch

The new C-Class as such has been the worldwide leader in its market segment since the beginning of 2008

The most important market for the C-Class is Germany which accounts for 25 percent of total sales, followed by the U.S., UK, Italy, and South Africa.

Wonder how many D*MO have sold? :huh:

Mercedes-Benz Sells Over 300,000 New C Class cars across the globe

Dr. Klaus Maier, Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing Mercedes-Benz Cars had noted that the new C Class had a growth rate of 70 percent on the corresponding periods from the prior year since the launch

The new C-Class as such has been the worldwide leader in its market segment since the beginning of 2008

The most important market for the C-Class is Germany which accounts for 25 percent of total sales, followed by the U.S., UK, Italy, and South Africa.

Wonder how many D*MO have sold? :huh:

with the price tag of 18mil+ i guess not may.. i've seen about 2-3 in colombo so far...thats it...

Guys,

I only know the UK models, so may not apply in SL, I find the suspension wear excessive on the c class as well as the 3 series BMW,s, C class breaks springs both front and back, the 3 Series wears out ball joints and breaks back springs, The A4 lasts almost for ever on the suspension front and has the best Diesel engine of the 3 similar cars. By the way the A4 aand the VW passat as well as the similar Skoda share the same floor pan engines, suspension,gearboxes and back axles, so mechanical reliability on all 3 are fantastic, the C class diesel with the common rail engine is superb but not so reliable with injector leaks etc letting it down.

Only my opinion mind! I know in SL it also matters what your neighbours think of you whem you drive that benz!

Maithri.

Guys,

I only know the UK models, so may not apply in SL, I find the suspension wear excessive on the c class as well as the 3 series BMW,s, C class breaks springs both front and back, the 3 Series wears out ball joints and breaks back springs, The A4 lasts almost for ever on the suspension front and has the best Diesel engine of the 3 similar cars. By the way the A4 aand the VW passat as well as the similar Skoda share the same floor pan engines, suspension,gearboxes and back axles, so mechanical reliability on all 3 are fantastic, the C class diesel with the common rail engine is superb but not so reliable with injector leaks etc letting it down.

Only my opinion mind! I know in SL it also matters what your neighbours think of you whem you drive that benz!

Maithri.

You're probably right. But for Sri Lanka they usually specify heavy duty springs. Yes actually many people buy many cars because of their neigbour's oppinion. Very shallow. But here Benz means better resale. A bit like Toyota.

Guys,

Maithri.

I agree with the high wear on the UK spec suspension due to the lack of the 'rough road package' which also makes the cars quite stiff on our roads. I prefer the softer ride personally. The suspension on our 1999 E46 which came in Brand New without the rough road (which is why we are still sticking to the car) needs attention every 30k km or so.

I drove the Indonesian assembled C230 which came in as a special offer recently. I found the suspension a bit too stiff for my liking again but the 7 G Tronic box just works great with the Merc engine that pumps 200+ horses. Same with the 211 model E-Classes that come with stiff suspension.

As for the Common rail diesels, I'm not sure how they agree with our 'quality' diesel and the engine oils. Makes you wonder how the next generation of Hilux engines are going to perform on the longrun as well.

As for the Common rail diesels, I'm not sure how they agree with our 'quality' diesel and the engine oils. Makes you wonder how the next generation of Hilux engines are going to perform on the longrun as well.

OT but at what inteverals do you recon a Common Rail Diesel will normally need a rebuild?

By the way the A4 aand the VW passat as well as the similar Skoda share the same floor pan engines, suspension,gearboxes and back axles, so mechanical reliability on all 3 are fantastic

Maithri.

hmmm this would be the Skoda Superb yes?

...knew of a freind who ran a Octavia and it used epitomize all the jokes about Skoda reliablity etc :(

OT, but you see a lot of cars right Maithri - what would you say is the most solid & reliable car in your expereince? an 'everyday hero' lets call it?

a car you'd say was down right dependable and a treat to own - in the real world (not in the sunday driver smile on my face way , but rather a good honest hard wearing solid piece of usable machinery) :) ??