• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pulsar Vzr N1

madmax

whether that be after market or standard or i chipped or whatever chipped.... right here right now Honda has made a challenge and Nissan has turned it down citing this article that article this video and that video, conservatim etc... so much of excuses, thatz what i like about Honda guyz they never say no! they always stand up to it and get the job done SOMEHOW! itz not only about a brand itz about the culture and itz follwing... :jumping-smiley-013:

/no offence to anyone jst my observation on the things been discussed and argued about in this thread.

a thing or two was said about Nissan having proved them selves with N1 beating CTR, the whole idea behind N1 inception is to beat the CTR, thatz why it came as a specially treated, high priced, LIMITED PRODUCTION car, Honda build the product with a mass appeal(CTR sells in thousands which is good for a performance car) and the enthuciasts can easily modify it to being a good menace! and a little effort on CTR and the N1 will be left helpless.

Dude, what the f**k makes u think I'm a Nissan rep? I'm a Nissan fan, so Nissan has turned down shit. Nissan has met and beaten the challenge of the Type-R and what I do or don't do don't prove shit. What makes u think I give a shit if Honda guys never say no? I don't. Honda guys can keep bragging about their cars till the end of time, and I still don't give a shit. And ask ur so-called "Honda" guy how many pieces from other companies they have in their cars. Is that ur culture? Supplied product not good enough so need to add all these other things? How many things Nissan ppl change in their cars. Chang has said the gearbox is not up to the task, and I have read opinions that the gearing on the VZRs can be improved, but that don't mean I'm running around looking for a gearbox to "improve" the situ.

Once again, ur genius for being offensive while saying "no offence" comes to the fore.

Honda might have made a mass appeal mass market car, but the VZ-R N1 is limited ed, so they can and do charge a higher price for it. Its an exclusive product. Nigel has beaten Aravinda's Ferrari in a Subaru. So why are Ferraris more expensive and why does it sell so much more expensively? Why was Every Single Enzo planned sold before the models first started coming off the assembly line at $500,000? U think modifiying CTRs are easy? Why don't u get one and do it? Take ur mass appeal cheap car and do it. And what makes u think modding other cars are any harder? Did u take a look at that Jamaican site that someone posted a link on? U need a modified CTR to leave a N1 helpless? What happens when u modify an N1? I'll tell ya one thing, u aint gonna find out from my car. Its a rare enough car and a rare enough engine that I plan to leave it as is without screwing with it too much. I don't have a "mass produced" "cheap" engine than can be replaced when ppl wreck it, so I'm not gonna put it in a position to be wrecked. I don't wanna have to go find N1 specs and do engine rebuilds. U might think that dragging is great, and if u think u can look down on me for not sharing ur opinion, u go ahead. And see if I give a rats arse about ur opinion.

What the hell is the point of putting a slideshow fulla rice Hondas on my thread? Its just a buncha pics with a music track. Exactly where does this contribute to a "battle"? Is it the battle for bad taste? Some of the pics certainly show that, tho not as clearly as an illiterate like u posting this on the Nissan section coz ur too lazy to click over to the Honda sections and start a new thread.

here's a video of 1 over confident honda owner who thought he can bring down a skyline :P:P:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB4GsqXcBWU...ne%20vs%20honda

enjoy..

That was ... faintly embarassing. Take no prisoners, the guy in the Sky. Shit thats a hella run.

What the hell is the point of putting a slideshow fulla rice Hondas on my thread? Its just a buncha pics with a music track. Exactly where does this contribute to a "battle"? Is it the battle for bad taste? Some of the pics certainly show that, tho not as clearly as an illiterate like u posting this on the Nissan section coz ur too lazy to click over to the Honda sections and start a new thread.

Awesome :jumping-smiley-013:

Dude, what the f**k makes u think I'm a Nissan rep? I'm a Nissan fan, so Nissan has turned down shit. Nissan has met and beaten the challenge of the Type-R and what I do or don't do don't prove shit. What makes u think I give a shit if Honda guys never say no? I don't. Honda guys can keep bragging about their cars till the end of time, and I still don't give a shit. And ask ur so-called "Honda" guy how many pieces from other companies they have in their cars. Is that ur culture? Supplied product not good enough so need to add all these other things? How many things Nissan ppl change in their cars. Chang has said the gearbox is not up to the task, and I have read opinions that the gearing on the VZRs can be improved, but that don't mean I'm running around looking for a gearbox to "improve" the situ.

Once again, ur genius for being offensive while saying "no offence" comes to the fore.

Honda might have made a mass appeal mass market car, but the VZ-R N1 is limited ed, so they can and do charge a higher price for it. Its an exclusive product. Nigel has beaten Aravinda's Ferrari in a Subaru. So why are Ferraris more expensive and why does it sell so much more expensively? Why was Every Single Enzo planned sold before the models first started coming off the assembly line at $500,000? U think modifiying CTRs are easy? Why don't u get one and do it? Take ur mass appeal cheap car and do it. And what makes u think modding other cars are any harder? Did u take a look at that Jamaican site that someone posted a link on? U need a modified CTR to leave a N1 helpless? What happens when u modify an N1? I'll tell ya one thing, u aint gonna find out from my car. Its a rare enough car and a rare enough engine that I plan to leave it as is without screwing with it too much. I don't have a "mass produced" "cheap" engine than can be replaced when ppl wreck it, so I'm not gonna put it in a position to be wrecked. I don't wanna have to go find N1 specs and do engine rebuilds. U might think that dragging is great, and if u think u can look down on me for not sharing ur opinion, u go ahead. And see if I give a rats arse about ur opinion.

That was ... faintly embarassing. Take no prisoners, the guy in the Sky. Shit thats a hella run.

good reply bro.

better enjoy the pleasure of driving rather than busting your car

whether that be after market or standard or i chipped or whatever chipped.... right here right now Honda has made a challenge and Nissan has turned it down citing this article that article this video and that video, conservatim etc... so much of excuses, thatz what i like about Honda guyz they never say no! they always stand up to it and get the job done SOMEHOW! itz not only about a brand itz about the culture and itz follwing... :jumping-smiley-013:

/no offence to anyone jst my observation on the things been discussed and argued about in this thread.

a thing or two was said about Nissan having proved them selves with N1 beating CTR, the whole idea behind N1 inception is to beat the CTR, thatz why it came as a specially treated, high priced, LIMITED PRODUCTION car, Honda build the product with a mass appeal(CTR sells in thousands which is good for a performance car) and the enthuciasts can easily modify it to being a good menace! and a little effort on CTR and the N1 will be left helpless.

Isuru, Just few simple words.

I don’t think Preveen has nothing to prove to you or to anybody. Has he or any Nissan or any other make owner in this forum ever said that he could bring down your car in a race (or any of those Hondas’)? He’s no race driver, he's a Nissan lover, and he does well in what he is good at. And he doesn’t have any thing to prove to you. In the case of you.... you are good for nothing.... NOTHING. just a loud mouth.

You on the other hand brag so much about your Honda. It’s not all the Honda owners’ keeps on bragging like this. JUST FEW CLUPRITS LIKE YOU!!! You are a real pain in the a**.

And here's a Video of the VZR N1 vs CTR....

http://www.pulsar.org.au/multimedia/VZRvTYPER.avi

Thats a cool vid, man :jumping-smiley-013: But thats the Ver II, and Mine is a Ver I. I wonder what the hell they did with it? According to the specs, its just a bit wider and heavier than the Ver I. And it a bloody wet track for both races. Some cool racing.

Thats a cool vid, man :jumping-smiley-013: But thats the Ver II, and Mine is a Ver I. I wonder what the hell they did with it? According to the specs, its just a bit wider and heavier than the Ver I. And it a bloody wet track for both races. Some cool racing.

Heheheh...Yup!!! good stuff nuh...

accordin to some of the rasta buggers...the version II has 200 n the ver I has 195 horses but others say its jus appearance tweaks

accordin to some of the rasta buggers...the version II has 200 n the ver I has 195 horses but others say its jus appearance tweaks

No no. Both versions are supposed to have 197. Different spoiler on that VII tho. Aftermarket?

That guy is right. They REALLY should make a few more. Just a few :D

"Once again, ur genius for being offensive while saying "no offence" comes to the fore"

Well said.. I had feeling this turkey had it come'n! bugger's a real embarrasment not to mention he has no right to comment or issue challenges on other peoples rides. (Yeah Isuu we lay down the law!) You dont personally know anyone here and no one wants to know you or hear your jokes about them or their rides.

Praveen next time we meet remind me tell you a very interesting story about a drag that happened sometime ago...

It's a terrible feeling and inconvenience to have to go looking around for parts after damaging stuff during burns... It happened to me.. And after a week in the bus and nearly ending up on the brink of poverty- I'm totally put off the scene.. I cant imagine how difficult it would to find N1 parts!! What some people like Josh fail to realize it that the drags are not the be all end of a car- After all a drag lasts what 15-17 seconds! The true fun of car is in driving it everyday without a worry and then taking it for a good long run on the weekends and enjoying that damn Vtec/VVL kick in!

Josheee needs to be left alone to his wet honda dreams- he's not worth it... All the other dudes are just playing around you know how it is.. :D

Well said.. I had feeling this turkey had it come'n! bugger's a real embarrasment not to mention he has no right to comment or issue challenges on other peoples rides. (Yeah Isuu we lay down the law!) You dont personally know anyone here and no one wants to know you or hear your jokes about them or their rides.

Praveen next time we meet remind me tell you a very interesting story about a drag that happened sometime ago...

It's a terrible feeling and inconvenience to have to go looking around for parts after damaging stuff during burns... It happened to me.. And after a week in the bus and nearly ending up on the brink of poverty- I'm totally put off the scene.. I cant imagine how difficult it would to find N1 parts!! What some people like Josh fail to realize it that the drags are not the be all end of a car- After all a drag lasts what 15-17 seconds! The true fun of car is in driving it everyday without a worry and then taking it for a good long run on the weekends and enjoying that damn Vtec/VVL kick in!

Josheee needs to be left alone to his wet honda dreams- he's not worth it... All the other dudes are just playing around you know how it is.. :D

cheers

The DC2 was at The World Headquarters of Tuned i-Chips Inc. for basic maintenance and some minor suspension upgrades. No performance modifications were done, per se.

Should be a good turn-out if all the DOHCs mentioned here show. Also, if Zakie brings out his Batta he might give some of the DOHCers here a scare or two. Last week he whupped the SOHCers at Green Path.

The Automobile Formerly Known As Fastest EXI now wants to be known as Fastest SOHC.

:D:D:alc: For those wondering the Tuned 'I chips local office is located:in Kollupitiya- Galle Road, adjoing the DeHijra hotel... Office staff can be refered to on the AT Cooray building steps..

now look wat u did!!he's goin to type a long reply as to how we shud feel sorry for him n dat we misunderstood AGAIN!!well u knw sumtimes we dnt misunderstand...we jus do it on purpose :D

Hi, I'm a long time reader first time poster :)

Some interesting conversation going on here that's for sure!

I actually own a VZ-R N1 (red cam cover 200ps) myself, and I race it at a club sport level here in NZ (hillclimbs, track days etc) and I've also owned the normal VZ-R (blue cam cover 175ps) version.

I also own a Nissan Avenir GT4-Z (the SR20DET version).....bit of a Nissan lovers garage really.

mycars2.jpg

my garage

racingdan.jpg

racing my VZ-R N1

I have also drag raced the normal 175ps version and the best I could get out of that was a 15.8sec.

I have also dynoed both Pulsars and my N1 didn't put out 200ps! (I think the 97/98 octane fuel here isn't good enough)

I have also drag raced the normal 175ps version and the best I could get out of that was a 15.8sec.

I have also dynoed both Pulsars and my N1 didn't put out 200ps! (I think the 97/98 octane fuel here isn't good enough)

Damn, we get only 95. And even that is doubtful :blink:

hmmm, evil dan? U use this evldan name on sr20forums by any chance? This one of urs? And this?

Hey, I'm famous! :jumping-smiley-013:

Why yes.....yes, it is the same EVLDAN [insert crowd cheering here]

This is my old site (don't have a new one) http://www.geocities.com/evldan/

I actually saw that your VZ-R has a piggy back ECU, I was wanting to find out some more inforamtion about that, that's what led me to this post!

As good as we get here is 98 octane (but also 91 / 95 / 96 / 97 between the different gas suppliers) here but I can never work out how that compares to other countrys levels, you know how they are measured in RONS and stuff like our 98 is the equivalent of someone elses 95 or something? but your car will need the best it can get!

I actually saw that your VZ-R has a piggy back ECU, I was wanting to find out some more inforamtion about that, that's what led me to this post!

Hi there,

I used to own the VzR my friend Pericles owns now, and I installed the Piggyback ECU on it. It's got a Dastek Unichip piggyback. I felt a noticeable improvment in power after putting it in. I can't get the exact BHP or torque increase as we don't have any dynometers.

I installed the Piggyback ECU on it. It's got a Dastek Unichip piggyback. I felt a noticeable improvment in power after putting it in. I can't get the exact BHP or torque increase as we don't have any dynometers.

Hi, no dynos?...now that's roughing it! :jumping-smiley-013:

They are expensive to use here (for tuning) but I suppose we still have to count ourselves lucky to have them at all.

What parameters were changed in the ECU? is it an off the shelf item or did you ask for specific things to be modified?

Hi, no dynos?...now that's roughing it! :)

They are expensive to use here (for tuning) but I suppose we still have to count ourselves lucky to have them at all.

What parameters were changed in the ECU? is it an off the shelf item or did you ask for specific things to be modified?

Yep no dyno's since it's quite a big investent no one is ready to bring one down to a small country like ours.

Dastec unichip ECU is compatible with most ECUs, you plug it in and tune it according to your car. You can mainly alter your fuel map and ignition settings. With additional components you can take off the speed limiter, change VVT change over points and drive bigger or even additional injectors.

Since we don't have a dyno, we did the tuning on the road.