• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Martial Arts

Dominic

Anyone know af a good place to learn locally ?

I mean not the kara instructors who developed their own style by copying the people who copied Bruce Lee but some good well trained instructors in reputable business establishments.

Looking at mainly Kickboxing, JuJitsu(brazilian), Jeetquandoor anything else.

I mean not the kara instructors who developed their own style by copying the people who copied Bruce Lee but some good well trained instructors in reputable business establishments.

There is a style called Fei Quan Do locally which i ve gone for.. its pretty much a combo of all the best martial arts techniques.. stopped t due to lack of time.. i suggest tai kwan do but i am sorry.. cant help you with any valid names or addresses..

Most of the karate classes held locally are not institute based.. n some are more of a name fame only rather dan techniques so chose wisely..

Zz

Might wanna mention where u live so ppl can find a place in ur locality :lol:

Nice Topic

Machan i would suggest the Style Kyokushinkai. This is Master Oyama's style and its one of the best for street fighting. Its a bit Hardcore, but best part is that you have undergo Training which requires Strenthing your body. Pretty Intresting and Pratical Martial Arts Format.

Master Oyama Holds the world record for Killing 53 or Bulls ( KULU MIMO ) LOL :lol: with his bare Hands.

Nice Topic

Machan i would suggest the Style Kyokushinkai. This is Master Oyama's style and its one of the best for street fighting. Its a bit Hardcore, but best part is that you have undergo Training which requires Strenthing your body. Pretty Intresting and Pratical Martial Arts Format.

Master Oyama Holds the world record for Killing 53 or Bulls ( KULU MIMO ) LOL :D with his bare Hands.

Ive done kyokushin from this guy in kohuwala. He also has a branch in colombo 6. I managed to get my black belt :lol: The guys a little harsh though. You dont jump properly or anythin and he'll hit you with one of his sticks on your ass.Serious training though.

Edited by streetKIA

Ive done kyokushin from this guy in kohuwala. He also has a branch in colombo 6. I managed to get my black belt :lol: The guys a little harsh though. You dont jump properly or anythin and he'll hit you with one of his sticks on your ass.Serious training though.

LOL damn have to be carefull with you.,

I think his name is Nanda Siriwardane.

ask Choppe Ayya in Maradana junction for POL ADI style :lol:

yes thats him. He comes on tvlanka sometimes.

oh man.. that guy talks to much..

I did boxing in school.. and after classes we use to fight each other.. but end up with pol adi shots... ( was so lucky we had Surf Exel at that time )

Edited by dragster

:D ok now AL members r starting to freak me out... :D

since when did sri lankan car lovers moonlight as Karate fanatics??!!!! :o

man u guys sound deadly! :lol:

api bayai :P

too many action movies.. n too many action idols.. lmao... brown 4 belt here.. :P unfortunately its quite rare where ya get 2 perform da jackie chan like movez.. lol..

Zz

Ive done kyokushin from this guy in kohuwala. He also has a branch in colombo 6. I managed to get my black belt :blink: The guys a little harsh though. You dont jump properly or anythin and he'll hit you with one of his sticks on your ass.Serious training though.

@ Pericles.... located pretty much anywhere in Colombo is fine.

@ StreetKIA tks for the info. Do you have a name & address to go with that ? Email them to [email protected] or post please.

@ Velocity...tks machan....do u have a name & no. for that dude.?

Reason for asking is not self defense really....mainly for fitness cause the gym is getting boring.

Machan,

If you could run fast it is the best. Don't try to look back. :blink: Run fast as possible. It is the final lesson from all those classes.

Best

Thilak :(

ah here there was another martial arts thingy advertised today - Fie Qan do so something or the other - Grand Master Khalid i beieve was the name - anyways its at the Royal College Sports Complex from 6.30 - 8.30 week days

tks. Heard about that. Will give it a try, but is it weekdays or weekend ? I heard it was Sat only

ah here there was another martial arts thingy advertised today - Fie Qan do so something or the other - Grand Master Khalid i beieve was the name - anyways its at the Royal College Sports Complex from 6.30 - 8.30 week days

Khalid is a fun chap.. very entertaining too - fellow has quite a twisted sense of humor and an opinion on... Everything!! I do recommend training there.

The training is quite a workout too, and you can always practice your new skills on family members/tuk tuk drivers.

Edited by Saturn