• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Body Paint

shehans

Would appreciate if any one can tell me a good place to do full body paint for a Civic .

@Mods i'm NOT advertising ok

it depends on what u need machang

as in if u want it HAND SPRAYED or properly OVEN BAKED ?

if its é latter then there arent many places -

Spr*ymech next to Mobitel on Gangarama is good - they use only Duco 2K so good quality finish

Kl*en Park - Dehiwala - outrageously expensive but use SIKKENS paints only

i think that new joint on Vauxhall street MR.PAINT also has a booth

basically if u want a good even finish in a controlled environment u need should get é job done in a Booth

in addition to the afore mentioned there r a couple of other places which have booths but no more than 5

Edited by Devinda_Z

@Mods i'm NOT advertising ok

it depends on what u need machang

as in if u want it HAND SPRAYED or properly OVEN BAKED ?

if its é latter then there arent many places -

Spr*ymech next to Mobitel on Gangarama is good - they use only Duco 2K so good quality finish

Kl*en Park - Dehiwala - outrageously expensive but use SIKKENS paints only

i think that new joint on Vauxhall street MR.PAINT also has a booth

basically if u want a good even finish in a controlled environment u need should get é job done in a Booth

in addition to the afore mentioned there r a couple of other places which have booths but no more than 5

While we are on the subject. How about some info on the prices and the time-frame involved ?

While we are on the subject. How about some info on the prices and the time-frame involved ?

hmmm that depends from car to car machan...

if its é same colour ur repainting it with i'm guessing it should be abt 70,000 or a bit more...

colour chage probably 85,000

& 2 weeks should be the avarage time

:thats@ spraymech

Kl*en Park starting for a normal car is 135,000 é last i checked n that includes No tinkering or anything

they do the paint in a few days i think..

Hand spray at any ole garage will cost abt 35-40,000...but u'll wind up paying in the long run if the paint bubles n stuff.. :alc:

85K for a coat of 2k paint!!! Yikez.. there goes another item on my "to-do" list...

does 2K paint have more strength than the normal paint? like more scratch resistance n stuff?

Zz

machang i;m quoting based on what i spent roughly so prices could have changed - but knwoing Sri Lanka i doubt it would be anything but an increase!

2K gieves a better finish - nothing in terms of scratch risistance per se but more in terms of smoothness n looks

a good coat of Laquer is a Must! - thats what gives it that complete look

ah also MITSUKO paints r also there - they have a ligher range of solids n have more Spec or Dust content to give the metalic paints a VERY heavy sparkle n shine - close to a GLAXY finish

machang i;m quoting based on what i spent roughly so prices could have changed - but knwoing Sri Lanka i doubt it would be anything but an increase!

2K gieves a better finish - nothing in terms of scratch risistance per se but more in terms of smoothness n looks

a good coat of Laquer is a Must! - thats what gives it that complete look

ah also MITSUKO paints r also there - they have a ligher range of solids n have more Spec or Dust content to give the metalic paints a VERY heavy sparkle n shine - close to a GLAXY finish

interesting.. though the prices are a big worry frankly.. these paints with the sparkling finish would obviously have a higher price dan the norm paints eh? wut i like bout the 2k paints are the glossy look.. n i ve stil not seen a 2k painted vehicle which has had its colours fading due to environmental conditions...

Zz

• 9 years later...