• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evo Vs Sti

fuzzo

evo or sti  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose

• EVO
    • STi

if given choice between an evo and sti, what would you take and why?

hey great topic fuzzo...

I would go for EVO only if its a FQ 400... otherwise its gonna be STi WR1.. FQ400s are so freaking expensive ultimately STi WR1 is gonna be my choice. like the design of the car.. and WR1 is faster than standard EVO..:rolleyes:

if given choice between an evo and sti, what would you take and why?

I remember they once asked the same question on Top Gear once- after testing the two cars. Like Jeremy put it- The Evo is the better car- but theres something about a Subaru that just makes you pick it over the Evo.

Subaru. I think the sound has summin to do with it too. Somehow it always appealed to me, even when Tommi Makk was tearing up the WRC scene with his evo. Except for that round light model :D

Remember Clarkson's reveiw of the two? "Its macho. It even smells of man. Splash it on before going out for a curry... and a fight" :D

Surprisingly weird outcome we’re seeing in this poll!!!!!!!!

In the ‘dream car’ poll, the Subaru WRX (I presume includes STi’s) got only 6 votes where as the Evo’s 8 & 9 combined got a whooping 25…. So that’s like a straight out win.. but today’s poll with 7 votes going 8.. the Subaru trailing with only 1 vote!!!! Strange indeed!!!!!

Hehehe...i guess im biased...so its STi power all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! always preferred it over the Evo...dunno why...its something about the Subaru that makes u stand up and pay attention...plus its kinda hard to beat the sound of a 3" Straight Through on the Boxer EJ20....

Surprisingly weird outcome we’re seeing in this poll!!!!!!!!

In the ‘dream car’ poll, the Subaru WRX (I presume includes STi’s) got only 6 votes where as the Evo’s 8 & 9 combined got a whooping 25…. So that’s like a straight out win.. but today’s poll with 7 votes going 8.. the Subaru trailing with only 1 vote!!!! Strange indeed!!!!!

Not really. A lot of ppl who voted for the Skyline in that are probably for the STi. Anyway, early days. Not even 20 voted totay yet.

2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX vs. 2006 Subaru WRX STI - who do you think the winner will be? heh heh... check the link for the results

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=109126

P.S - dont forget this is a American website so the cars tested are the U.S versions...

yayy i overtook d evo wit my vote...ok my answer is obvious

STi...preferred model wud b d P1...its old i knw but prodrive really spruced it up well n that car never loses its value...

y STi overall?i prefer its looks, much better interior, evo has harsh ride, sti has better stock gauges, didnt get a chance to compare turbo lag tho i hear d evo is bit bad on lag...did i mention i dont care how many micro seconds an evo may be faster? :D plus mitsu is bankrupt

jus had a liking for the STi since its inception...nothing less

hmmm. Dead even after 30 votes. :D

evo is back in the lead...

for some reason, when i see an evo, it automatically sets in my mind that its owners would be the mature/married type where as the sti owners would be more in their 20's. for some reason i can't shake this thought process! :D

for some reason, when i see an evo, it automatically sets in my mind that its owners would be the mature/married type where as the sti owners would be more in their 20's. for some reason i can't shake this thought process! :D

according to dims...evo owners r either divorcd or hav never marrid...

P.S. ur IN ur 20's n ur married...but ur not necessarily mature

for some reason, when i see an evo, it automatically sets in my mind that its owners would be the mature/married type where as the sti owners would be more in their 20's. for some reason i can't shake this thought process! :blink:

Heh heh...yup Evo owners tend to be older..and one more thing fuzzo..i can personally count 5 WRX & STi owners who are UNDER 20...LoL...its the car for the younger generation........