• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evo Vs Sti

fuzzo

evo or sti  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose

• EVO
    • STi

well,

i dont know why but i always prefer a Evo over a STI... The evo has a kind of a sharper look than the STi.... but i admit the STi has a nicer sounding engine... i'll give it that.... interior wise, the Evo interior may seem a bit gloomy but it has class... whereas the STi has a lot of Sinver incorporated into it, which makes it a bit common with ther cars...

and i know this is a stupid thing to consider, but i remember reading somewhere that the Evo gives more Km-per-Ltr than the Sti...

and i think its a much more hardier vehicle for performance.. cos look at it.. most racers choose Evos.. even Aravinda Premadasa who initially raced a Subari switched to a Evo 6, and decided to upgrade in the Evo range rather than go back to Subaru.

true, the Subaru is more an icon of Rally-racing... when i used hear RALLY, the 1st thing that came to my head was the Subaru.. probably why so many youths buy Subarus. its their childhood dream-car...but Mitsubishi has established itself as a heavy-endurance vehicle. i guess thats mainly due to the constant wins at Dakar...

so, its Evo for me....

ohh but still i like subaru, why we think about petrol usage of a evo. bcoz its a sports car so we dont wanna save petrol i f we want we go for a echo. anywayz i like the evo too. but i dont know y i more prefer subaru maybe on saturday use a subaru and on sunday use a evo.

Hehehe...although im waaaaaaaaaay across the world..i heard a little rumour that a STi 9 has reached the shores of our little island...apparently its been brought down and is at Sunil Motor traders on Havelock Road...the same people who have the fully stickered up STi 8....hope someone can confirm this and get some pics if possible...

true, the Subaru is more an icon of Rally-racing... when i used hear RALLY, the 1st thing that came to my head was the Subaru.. probably why so many youths buy Subarus. its their childhood dream-car...but Mitsubishi has established itself as a heavy-endurance vehicle. i guess thats mainly due to the constant wins at Dakar...

so, its Evo for me....

Dude, I don't think is any correlation between Ralliart's performance on the Dakar and the sales figures of Lancer Evolutions worldwide. Mitsu uses variations of the Pajero for their CCR program and completely different cars, Evolutions, for the WRC. There is absolutely no relationship.

Some people buy Evolutions, some buy WRXs just like some people prefer vanilla over chocolate (although for the life of me I cannot figure out why). Some fans of the WRC like the Mitsubishis so they bought Evos and some liked the sight of Colin McRae flying over the trees on the Finnish GP so they bought Scoobs.

This isn't a flame, by the way. I like both, although if push came to shove I'd take the STI.

Dude, I don't think is any correlation between Ralliart's performance on the Dakar and the sales figures of Lancer Evolutions worldwide. Mitsu uses variations of the Pajero for their CCR program and completely different cars, Evolutions, for the WRC. There is absolutely no relationship.

Some people buy Evolutions, some buy WRXs just like some people prefer vanilla over chocolate (although for the life of me I cannot figure out why). Some fans of the WRC like the Mitsubishis so they bought Evos and some liked the sight of Colin McRae flying over the trees on the Finnish GP so they bought Scoobs.

This isn't a flame, by the way. I like both, although if push came to shove I'd take the STI.

Yeah, lets not mix up the Pajero Evolutions used in the Dakar and the Lancer Evolutions that were used in WRC.

ok.. why does Dinesh's Evo9 have LANCER written on it in big silver letters.. cos its marketing.. even though te Evo9 may have very little on common with a 'lancer' thats on the roads, it vouches as a symbol for mitsubishi...sales people know that when one name is popular they can use that polulaity to seel other things.. kind of like diferent products use celebraties to endorse their products... example, why would Murali be in a add for SERVO, or Kothmale Ice Cream for that matter.. Publicity is one reason that car-manufacturers even enter thier teams or sponsor teams in rallies or races.

ok.. why does Dinesh's Evo9 have LANCER written on it in big silver letters.. cos its marketing.. even though te Evo9 may have very little on common with a 'lancer' thats on the roads, it vouches as a symbol for mitsubishi...sales people know that when one name is popular they can use that polulaity to seel other things.. kind of like diferent products use celebraties to endorse their products... example, why would Murali be in a add for SERVO, or Kothmale Ice Cream for that matter.. Publicity is one reason that car-manufacturers even enter thier teams or sponsor teams in rallies or races.

Ur missing the point machang. He was just saying the Mitsu races a different class in Dakar. Thats their marketing for Pajero, like WRC and Evos are for lancers. After all, the proper name for Dinesh's car is the "Lancer Evolution IX GT". Thats marketing all right. But WRC and Dakar are two different classes, so no one is going to buy Evos coz they are fans of Dakars Evos. Heck, nobody is gonna buy an Eclipse coz they are fans of Mitsu's running the Dakar. Those ppl are gonna buy pajeros and monteros.

Hmmm, Velocity, u wouldn't be a Dakar fan, would u?

Right, except that we're supposed to be car enthusiasts here. Are you seriously telling me that you think the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX is a great endurance car because Luc Alphand won the Dakar Rally this year in a spaceframe, prototype chassis with a Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution badge on it?

I think you'll find that most people who felt that the Dakar Mitsus were great went out and bought Pajeros, Monteros and Outlanders, rather than Lancer Evolutions. The kids that idolized Tommi Makinnen probably bought Evos when they had the money.

Brand awareness and publicity is certainly what the manufacturers are after but the brand positing operates along product lines, which is why the Mitsubishi races the Pajero AND the Lancer - to promote each product line to specific market demographics.

Right, except that we're supposed to be car enthusiasts here. Are you seriously telling me that you think the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX is a great endurance car because Luc Alphand won the Dakar Rally this year in a spaceframe, prototype chassis with a Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution badge on it?

ya, you have a VERY good point there :blink:

i give in :blink:

I think this is EVO X

evox19tk.th.jpg

evox35ea.th.jpg

evox44hl.th.jpg

Is this a concept car or is it really in production?

i remember seeing this concept somewhere... but i'm not 100% sure either, but i remember reading/hearing that Mitsubishi saying that they wont continue with the Evolution line on the lancer platform.. and instead switching to the Mitsubishi Colt platform.. but then again they said the same thing right after the Evo8 was released..

I think this is EVO X

evox19tk.th.jpg

evox35ea.th.jpg

evox44hl.th.jpg

Is this a concept car or is it really in production?

In my eyes that looks like a piece of crap!!! I hate the way all the car manufacturers are making true icons of track racing and rallying look like european sport cars!!! Bloody idiots...Nissan has gone that way with the new GTR and now Mitsu with the new EVO...wonder what subaru will come up with next...all i can say is that the true japanese brutality displayed in these cars has been lost......

In my eyes that looks like a piece of crap!!! I hate the way all the car manufacturers are making true icons of track racing and rallying look like european sport cars!!! Bloody idiots...Nissan has gone that way with the new GTR and now Mitsu with the new EVO...wonder what subaru will come up with next...all i can say is that the true japanese brutality displayed in these cars has been lost......

They already have. They copied the Alfa look, remember?

Actually, this thing looks more inspired by Japanese anime, like pokemon, than European style :blink:

Totally agree with that....

Some more pics of the EVO X...

evox22kd.th.jpg

evox32om.th.jpg

evox54pl.th.jpg

This is far better than what they have done to the GT-R :blink: (call it GT-R Proto)... absolute piece of shit...

nismogtr18bu.th.jpg

nismogtr33zb.th.jpg

nismogtr159nu.th.jpg

Looks like a dinky toy to me !!!

Totally agree with that....

This is far better than what they have done to the GT-R :blink: (call it GT-R Proto)... absolute piece of shit...

nismogtr18bu.th.jpg

Looks like a dinky toy to me !!!

That front end photo on the GTR is wrong. Thats either a development mule or a decoy or a fake.

I’m going for the Subaru Wrx Sti 8………

Coz, the best sports car In Japan & I really love that car >>>

******************** :blink: ************************

That front end photo on the GTR is wrong. Thats either a development mule or a decoy or a fake.

Check the front end... some more pics...

nismogtr29ep.th.jpg

nismogtr46gp.th.jpg

nismogtr56wc.th.jpg

nismogtr71gp.th.jpg

nismogtr116ph.th.jpg

nismogtr68wk.th.jpg

nismogtr124fy.th.jpg

nismogtr143cm.th.jpg

nismogtr184ls.th.jpg

nismogtr196eg.th.jpg

The laziest day in my work - Yeah I'm a member now.....50 posts :) :blink: