• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evo Vs Sti

fuzzo

evo or sti  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose

• EVO
    • STi

I always thought (And this is just a feeling, so correct me if I'm wrong) and the Evo was better on tarmac, while the Rex was better on loose surfaces like gravel. No particular proof, just a feeling. Rex looks more in its element on gravel.

Thoughts?

Edit : Ha ha! Just realized. This is my 300th post :rolleyes:

I always thought (And this is just a feeling, so correct me if I'm wrong) and the Evo was better on tarmac, while the Rex was better on loose surfaces like gravel. No particular proof, just a feeling. Rex looks more in its element on gravel.

Thoughts?

Yes you are correct Preveen, no particular proof :huh: but that is what most race/rally drivers feel. :)

Yes you are correct Preveen, no particular proof :huh: but that is what most race/rally drivers feel. :)

hey mivec.turbo,

now the Sti8 onwards has a 2.5ltr engine ryt? while the evo has only 2.0ltr engine..

since the STi & Evo were both designed witht eh WRC in mind, both should comply with WRC specs right...

and i remember you explaining it to someone (at the motor-show where the Evo9 was 1st introduced in SL) that WRC regulations stated that the engine should be a 4 cylinder 2ltr single turbo engine.... but i dont remember exactly what you said.. if th eengine capacity also limited/restricted? if so, how come the STi8 runs ona 2.5ltr engine?

thanks!

hey mivec.turbo,

now the Sti8 onwards has a 2.5ltr engine ryt? while the evo has only 2.0ltr engine..

since the STi & Evo were both designed witht eh WRC in mind, both should comply with WRC specs right...

and i remember you explaining it to someone (at the motor-show where the Evo9 was 1st introduced in SL) that WRC regulations stated that the engine should be a 4 cylinder 2ltr single turbo engine.... but i dont remember exactly what you said.. if th eengine capacity also limited/restricted? if so, how come the STi8 runs ona 2.5ltr engine?

thanks!

dilesh the sti only gets the 2.5L for the US market...every1 else gets a 2.0L n so does the WRC car

Voted for the Sti,

Have been a Hardcore Evo Fan For Many Years. Have eaten the subject of Evo for breakfast dinner and lunch. and have got so bored,

GO FOR STI. It might not be a Evo Beater, but it has a X Factor which no on can explain.

:huh:

Also if the crappy agents wants to value these evos so high for duty, why the hell should we buy it,

Senok values cars much less than the mitsui agent in SL making Subaru More Affodable to a Average Sri Lankan Citizen.

Voted for the Sti,

Have been a Hardcore Evo Fan For Many Years. Have eaten the subject of Evo for breakfast dinner and lunch. and have got so bored,

GO FOR STI. It might not be a Evo Beater, but it has a X Factor which no on can explain.

Also if the crappy agents wants to value these evos so high for duty, why the hell should we buy it,

Senok values cars much less than the mitsui agent in SL making Subaru More Affodable to a Average Sri Lankan Citizen.

Also aravinda is the first guy to break the curse of the Evo..... :) All ready two more people have broken the curse. So i guess that is not valid any more sharky.

:)

that's comforting to knw tho i'll never own an evo

LIST OF EVO OWNERS IN SL. I HOPE I DID NOT MISS ANY.

1) Ashan - Evo 3

2) Evo 4 - Dejan De Zoysa

3) Evo 4 - Reyaz Faoruk

4) Evo 5 - Pradeep Jayawardena

5) Evo 6 - Pradeep Jayawardena

6) Evo 6 TM - Diyath Ariyarathne

7) Evo 6 - Dasaraj Dahanayke

8) Evo 6- Mahinda Premarathne

9) Evo 6 - Dan Dissanayake

10 ) Evo 6 - Aravinda Premadasa

11 ) Evo 6 - Deeptha

11.5) Evo 6 Dhanuka Ramanayake

12) Evo 7 Fracis Norhona

13) Evo 7 Aravinda Premadasa

14) Evo 7 - AJOY

15) Evo 7- Maheth

16) Evo 7 - Reyaz Faoruk

17) Evo 8- Guruge

18 ) Evo 8 - Dinesh Deheragoda

19 ) Evo 8- Nishan Weerasuriya

20 ) Evo 9 - Dinesh Deheragoda

One more evo of Pregasmulla Tire Center ( Is it one Col Mayadune Drove ) and One More New Evo 6 being completed.

23 EVOs in Sri Lanka. sorry i missed dhanuka so it will be on 11.5.

LIST OF EVO OWNERS IN SL. I HOPE I DID NOT MISS ANY.

1) Ashan - Evo 3

2) Evo 4 - Dejan De Zoysa

3) Evo 4 - Reyaz Faoruk

4) Evo 5 - Pradeep Jayawardena

5) Evo 6 - Pradeep Jayawardena

6) Evo 6 TM - Diyath Ariyarathne

7) Evo 6 - Dasaraj Dahanayke

8) Evo 6- Mahinda Premarathne

9) Evo 6 - Dan Dissanayake

10 ) Evo 6 - Aravinda Premadasa

11 ) Evo 6 - Deeptha

12) Evo 7 Fracis Norhona

13) Evo 7 Aravinda Premadasa

14) Evo 7 - AJOY

15) Evo 7- Maheth

16) Evo 7 - Reyaz Faoruk

17) Evo 8- Guruge

18 ) Evo 8 - Dinesh Deheragoda

19 ) Evo 8- Nishan Weerasuriya

20 ) Evo 9 - Dinesh Deheragoda

One more evo of Pregasmulla Tire Center ( Is it one Col Mayadune Drove ) and One More New Evo 6 at Nadeera Garage.

22 EVOs in Sri Lanka

Hehe...Try doing that list with the WRX's and the STi's...LoL...it will be kinda hard...i think there might be over 40 subaru's easy...

Hehe...Try doing that list with the WRX's and the STi's...LoL...it will be kinda hard...i think there might be over 40 subaru's easy...

Andy the list i know

1) Ayodaya - Sti 3

2) Carmen - Sti3

3) XXX WorldAir - Sti 3

4) John Sti 4

5) Tharindu Sti 4

6) Aravinda Sti 4

7) Janaka Sti 4

8) Dan Sti 4

9 ) Romani Sti 5

10 ) Sidath Sti 5

11 ) Ayodah Sti 5

12 ) Janaka Dias Sti 4

13 ) Shantha Sti 3

14) Nalin Sti 7 Spec RA

15 ) Nigel Sti 7

16 Dilshan Sti 6 Spec C RA

16 ) Andrew Sti 7

17 ) Ranaga Wrx 7

18 ) Pheroze Billy Sti 7 Spec RA

19 ) Velocity WRX 7

20 ) Dilans old WRX 7

21 ) Richards Sti 4

22 ) Sanjeew Sti 8

23 ) Madan Sti 8

24 ) Mithila WRX 7

25 ) Namaz Sti 8

26 ) Pheroze Omar Sti 8 Spec C

27 ) Chamila Sti 9

Sorry i may have missed a couple of people and cars with screwing up of the version of the car,

please pardon me,

now do you guys want me to name the people who own toyota corrola's in Sri Lanka ?

HaHaHa...nice going dims...but u know that list is with ppl that we all know...i know there have to be so many more cars that we dont know about..specially in kandy and ratnapura...dims also what about that blue STi 7 that ######## brought down which has a STi 8 spoiler...see cars like that are around but ppl dont know...there is a red WRX 7 with the twin tip exhaust (automatic)...and a black WRX 7 in ratnapura...it was in a ad too...hey dims y dont u try and arrange a Evolution meet up for pictures and stuff...might b interesting...

man too much politics involved between people. times have changed.

I would rather :huh: and look at the sky and count the stars.

Heh...true true...i understand what you mean...In BOTH sentences...LoL

hey ppl just wanna know whats happening with the DRAGS that were being organised by the Old Boys at D.S??? wasnt it supposed to be in March? anyone have an insight to the situ.....

..and a black WRX 7 in ratnapura...it was in a ad too...hey dims y dont u try and arrange a Evolution meet up for pictures and stuff...might b interesting...

hey, i remebber that add.. it was the add for Ramzi Gems... i dont know if MADZ will delete the name, so madz, it was in an ADD on TV.. if the owner didnt want people to know about it he wouldnt have put it in a PAID advetisment... right?

And does anyone know what hapepend to Dinesh Deheragoda's evo7 and evo8 that he raced? i remember he had sold the yellow one to someone and it was talked about int he forum, but what about the Evo7 and Evo 8 that he raced?